Cats or Dogs

Tom

Cats or dogs?  

33 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I don't mind cats, but I absolutlely detest dogs. And no way is a dog more intelligent than a cat - they are stupid, sycophantic, shit-arsed twats.

171549[/snapback]

Amen.

Me kitten still doesn't have a name and I'm getting her on thursday....shame Ernie's taken. :lol:

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dogs > Hamsters > Rats > Nazi's > Vodka > Cats.

Cats are thick as fuck like. Dogs are by far more intelligent.

We have two Bordercross terriers and they are very clever.

People just think dogs are more intelligent because they are social animals and therefore can be trained. They are however as thick as fuck. However, it's pointless applying human qualities like intelligence to animals.

Having been savaged by a dog as a child and stood in countless piles of dog shit, I can honestly say I hate the bastards mind.

People just think dogs are more intelligent because they are social animals and therefore can be trained. They are however as thick as fuck. However, it's pointless applying human qualities like intelligence to animals.

Having been savaged by a dog as a child and stood in countless piles of dog shit, I can honestly say I hate the bastards mind.

171721[/snapback]

Dogs pick up on negative attitudes and feelings. No wonder you were attacked tbh :lol:

171721[/snapback]

When was the last time a dog stood in a human shit?

Dogs ARE intelligent.

171721[/snapback]

So is intelligence only a human trait? Never heard that argument before. Never heard the argument that dogs are social animals and can therefore be trained either. Cats often form groups in the wild anyway so I think your argument is pretty flawed as I guess you do :lol:

171721[/snapback]

So is intelligence only a human trait? Never heard that argument before. Never heard the argument that dogs are social animals and can therefore be trained either. Cats often form groups in the wild anyway so I think your argument is pretty flawed as I guess you do :lol:

171741[/snapback]

I'm not saying animals don't have intelligence but just it's not human-like intelligence, and it's fairly pointless trying to extrapolate. Cats and dogs are intelligent in different ways, that's all.

Wild cats are generally solitary animals - the sole exception being lions which domestic cats are not descended from. Wild dogs nearly always operate in packs. If you own a dog, it will regard you as the leader of the pack, which is why they are submissive in a way cats aren't.

Wild cats are generally solitary animals - the sole exception being lions which domestic cats are not descended from. Wild dogs nearly always operate in packs. If you own a dog, it will regard you as the leader of the pack, which is why they are submissive in a way cats aren't.

171747[/snapback]

Vroom, vroom, vrooooooom!

Just me then? :lol:

171721[/snapback]

171741[/snapback]

I'm not saying animals don't have intelligence but just it's not human-like intelligence, and it's fairly pointless trying to extrapolate. Cats and dogs are intelligent in different ways, that's all.

171747[/snapback]

Aye, which proves what exactly in relation to their relative intelligence then? I don't see your argument re: not being able to compare relative intelligence due to their intelligence being different either. It's pretty obvious some animals are more intelligent than others and I think I'm right in saying dogs generally compare favourably to cats in this regard.

Edited by alex

171721[/snapback]

171741[/snapback]

171747[/snapback]

Aye, which proves what exactly in relation to their relative intelligence then? I don't see your argument re: not being able to compare relative intelligence due to their intelligence being different either. It's pretty obvious some animals are more intelligent than others and I think I'm right in saying dogs generally compare favourably to cats in this regard.

171755[/snapback]

It is the reason that cats can't be trained, which is what you are using as a measure of intelligence for some reason. Is being able to hunt not a form of intelligence? Personally, I don't think you can fairly compare them based on arbritrary measures.

At the end of the day, I seriously doubt either are capable of abstact thought which is how most people would assess intelligence.

171721[/snapback]

171741[/snapback]

171747[/snapback]

171755[/snapback]

So when the local animal control is active why do they round up 'colonies' of feral cats?

Dogs > Hamsters > Rats > Nazi's > Vodka > Cats.

:lol:

EDIT: What's with the apostrophe in Nazi's? Is it just Nazi's cats that are greater than vodka, or Nazis in general...or Nazi generals?

Cats are thick as fuck like. Dogs are by far more intelligent.

We have two Bordercross terriers and they are very clever.

171711[/snapback]

I don't think you're qualified to make that judgement tbh.

Edited by DotBum

171721[/snapback]

171741[/snapback]

171747[/snapback]

171755[/snapback]

It is the reason that cats can't be trained, which is what you are using as a measure of intelligence for some reason. Is being able to hunt not a form of intelligence? Personally, I don't think you can fairly compare them based on arbritrary measures.

At the end of the day, I seriously doubt either are capable of abstact thought which is how most people would assess intelligence.

171757[/snapback]

So can lions be trained but other cats can't then?

171721[/snapback]

171741[/snapback]

171747[/snapback]

171755[/snapback]

171757[/snapback]

This topic is getting a lot deeper than I think most people imagined it would.

171721[/snapback]

So is intelligence only a human trait? Never heard that argument before. Never heard the argument that dogs are social animals and can therefore be trained either. Cats often form groups in the wild anyway so I think your argument is pretty flawed as I guess you do :blink:

171741[/snapback]

171747[/snapback]

171755[/snapback]

171757[/snapback]

This topic is getting a lot deeper than I think most people imagined it would.

171762[/snapback]

Missing Leazes tbh :lol:

171755[/snapback]

We're viewing their actions from the point of view of human intelligence, though. It may completely distort the reality. Was it Wittgenstein who argued that if a Lion could speak English, we still wouldn't have a scooby what he was on about because his points of reference would be so bizarre to us?

All cats are definitely somewhat social btw.

171721[/snapback]

So is intelligence only a human trait? Never heard that argument before. Never heard the argument that dogs are social animals and can therefore be trained either. Cats often form groups in the wild anyway so I think your argument is pretty flawed as I guess you do :blink:

171741[/snapback]

171747[/snapback]

171755[/snapback]

171757[/snapback]

171760[/snapback]

Correct. :lol:

171755[/snapback]

We're viewing their actions from the point of view of human intelligence, though. It may completely distort the reality. Was it Wittgenstein who argued that if a Lion could speak English, we still wouldn't have a scooby what he was on about because his points of reference would be so bizarre to us?

171765[/snapback]

Not in the same way as dogs though - they don't hunt in packs for instance. They mainly meet up to mate or fight rivals.

171755[/snapback]

171765[/snapback]

Yeah but it's obvious say an Orca is more intelligent than a penguin though despite the fact neither may be capable of what we would class as 'thought' or emotions.

171721[/snapback]

171741[/snapback]

171747[/snapback]

171755[/snapback]

171757[/snapback]

171760[/snapback]

Correct. :lol:

171766[/snapback]

It's not though, is it? :lol:

Not in the same way as dogs though - they don't hunt in packs for instance. They mainly meet up to mate or fight rivals.

171769[/snapback]

Nonsense, they hang about together, and sometimes go to the pictures.