FIXTURE SWITCHES

pertoon

I see that we have yet another fixture switch with the Villa game being switched to the Sunday.

Dont the powers that be realise that if travelling by train tickets have to be purchased 3- 4 weeks in advance if you are to avoid having to take out a second mortgage to obtain one.

Doesnt affect me this time as Villa is my nearest premiership ground having said that Sunday travel is harder wherever youre going. There is no service on the local line that day so anybody travelling from the North East is going to have to get a bus from New Street.

Also there have been many changes this season for Sky games whioch makes it difficult or sometimes imposssible for those travelling any sort of distance be they home or away fans to get to those games as they either cannot get home or if they can its around midnight.

I know they call it Sky sports live but where is the harm in recording a game and showing it a couple of hours later. Yes not the same i know and there is the possibillity you might hear the result but its about time something was done about theese fixture changes and that consideration be given to those who want to actually get to a game rather than watch it on the box.

I see that we have yet another fixture switch with the Villa game being switched to the Sunday.

Dont the powers that be realise that if travelling by train tickets have to be purchased 3- 4 weeks in advance if you are to avoid having to take out a second mortgage to obtain one.

Doesnt affect me this time as Villa is my nearest premiership ground having said that Sunday travel is harder wherever youre going. There is no service on the local line that day so anybody travelling from the North East is going to have to get a bus from New Street.

Also there have been many changes this season for Sky games whioch makes it difficult or sometimes imposssible for those travelling any sort of distance be they home or away fans to get to those games as they either cannot get home or if they can its around midnight.

I know they call it Sky sports live but where is the harm in recording a game and showing it a couple of hours later. Yes not the same i know and there is the possibillity you might hear the result but its about time something was done about theese fixture changes and that consideration be given to those who want to actually get to a game rather than watch it on the box.

170115[/snapback]

It was bound to be switched though, because of the UEFA qualifier on the Thursday.

Used to walk to Villa Park from the (city centre) Aston campus for our away games there back when I was a scabby stoodent, so it can be done without public transport. I may have been a spot more motivated in those days though...