Hmmmm

snakehips

My pc crashed.

I re-booted using the internal auto safe start business that has kept all the settings I had.

However, it wont perform any tasks such as de-frag or sending the pictures I want to keep to the disc drives (either cd or 3 1/2 " floppy).

Any ideas what the prob could be???

• 2 weeks later...
My pc crashed.

I re-booted using the internal auto safe start business that has kept all the settings I had.

However, it wont perform any tasks such as de-frag or sending the pictures I want to keep to the disc drives (either cd or 3 1/2 " floppy).

170482[/snapback]

Do you mean you started up in safe mode? I have never heard of "auto safe start"

Are you on Windows XP?

If you booted up in safe mode then the OS doesn't load any drivers so you won't be able to move media from the hard disk to removable media like usb drives or even the CD drive as drivers have not been loaded. Safe mode is just a way to get into windows and make config changes to make the next boot up work.

My pc crashed.

170482[/snapback]

Do you mean you started up in safe mode? I have never heard of "auto safe start"

Are you on Windows XP?

If you booted up in safe mode then the OS doesn't load any drivers so you won't be able to move media from the hard disk to removable media like usb drives or even the CD drive as drivers have not been loaded. Safe mode is just a way to get into windows and make config changes to make the next boot up work.

176440[/snapback]

Yeah, on windows xp.

What is OS??

What do I need to do now then? Where can I get the drivers to download the pictures to disc?

Why wont the machine de-frag though? The machine will follow the commands right up to the time I want to either Analyse or De-frag - neither of which will operate if pressed.

;):):(:P:finger::finger:

Thanks for getting back to me on this.

btw are you the original Li3nz from the old days? I guess you are.