scouting system

highpants

Roeder has said he is going to watch some gmes this wk end with a view to looking at players, what sort of scouts do Newcastle employ if were not already aware of our targets, weve all known since last season that we would at least have to replace Shearer, yet here we are a club with supposed high ambitions 3 wk away from the start of the premiership with only 2 so called strikers, we all know that 1 injury and were fucked, all the hard work put in to get in the Inter Toto will be in vain. How many good strikers have came out of the Championship recently= Ashton, Bent, Harewood to name the obvious, we never even look there or our scouts are that shite that they cant see the wood for the trees, the young boy at Preston will be a future star, but just watch he will go to another club who will triple his valuation(NUGENT). If Roeder is happy with our current 2, were in deep shit, we all know how many injuries we get a season, Ameobi is injury prone for starters and the biggest financial mistake ever was signing sick note Owen. Its going to be a bloody long season, there wont be any decent strikers coming here this season, i'll stake £200.00 with anyone on that one.

Roeder has said he is going to watch some gmes this wk end with a view to looking at players, what sort of scouts do Newcastle employ if were not already aware of our targets, weve all known since last season that we would at least have to replace Shearer, yet here we are a club with supposed high ambitions 3 wk away from the start of the premiership with only 2 so called strikers, we all know that 1 injury and were fucked, all the hard work put in to get in the Inter Toto will be in vain. How many good strikers have came out of the Championship recently= Ashton, Bent, Harewood to name the obvious, we never even look there or our scouts are that shite that they cant see the wood for the trees, the young boy at Preston will be a future star, but just watch he will go to another club who will triple his valuation(NUGENT). If Roeder is happy with our current 2, were in deep shit, we all know how many injuries we get a season, Ameobi is injury prone for starters and the biggest financial mistake ever was signing sick note Owen. Its going to be a bloody long season, there wont be any decent strikers coming here this season, i'll stake £200.00 with anyone on that one.

170510[/snapback]

I beg to differ. I think we'll get them in the January 07 window... when it's too late.

170510[/snapback]

Have to admit I haven't seen much of Ashton, Bent or Harewood, but from what I have seen of them they don't do a lot for me.

Nugent?? Don't know anything about him and do we have the money to take a chance on him??

It'll be Kuyt. NUFC didn't buy all that cheese for nowt and if it wasn't for Hiddink.....

Edited by snakehips

Don't worry lads, 8:15 tonight, Inter v Ajax, on SkySports. I'll be running the rule over Obafemi Martins, and if he's any good, will be tipping the Glennster the wink for a press conference by mid-week.

Don't worry lads, 8:15 tonight, Inter v Ajax, on SkySports.  I'll be running the rule over Obafemi Martins, and if he's any good, will be tipping the Glennster the wink for a press conference by mid-week.

170528[/snapback]

Over the past couple of years I have watched a bit of Mr Martins but have always thought he had great pace but missed far too many chances. However, he was playing in Italy which has probably got better defences than The Premiership which must make things more difficult for a striker.

Quick as fuck mind.

These are our chief scouts tbh.

lou_andy.jpg

The conversasions between the scouts and the managing staff normally involve "Iwantthatone", "But he is shite" and "Yeraknow".

170540[/snapback]

:blush:

Where the fuck were we when Ashton was signed from Crewe for Norwich? Ditto Darren Bent. I know it was a different regime, but is there a mentality at board or fan level where we believe that unless certain player is a big name or proven at a certain level, that he'll never amount to much at NUFC?

We don't always have to go for mega foreign signings to appease the fans. I'd have loved to see Cameron Jerome or Nugent here for only a couple of mill, and given a chance. Roeder's quote about not wanting players here for a big pay-day is a fair one, when we signed Jenas we got a player with bags of potential, and was proven in his own league. He was being asked to step up to the top flight and prove himself at a higher level. I think this is a great way of looking at players.

If we were to sign Jerome, for £3mill lets say, then if he comes up here, he has a huge challenge ahead of him. If he steps up, then great. If not, his value will most likely hold as he is a proven quality player in the Championship, and we could sell him back at a similar price.

Thoughts?

Guest Patrokles

Why don't we see who we end up signing before the end of the transfer window before condemning anyone? None of us know what happens behind the scenes.

(I do know, however, that if you sign a player and he flops, you certainly don't recoup what you paid for him, which is an insane statement to make.)

Edited by Patrokles

Robson was a long-time admirer of Darren Bent.  I remember the general concensus being "Not another fucking Ipswich kid, is he taking backhanders or what?"

170591[/snapback]

I'm pretty sure we tried to sign Bent in a double deal with Ambrose, he turned us down to stay at Ipswich and play regular first team football.

Looks like he made the right decision.

Where the fuck were we when Ashton was signed from Crewe for Norwich? Ditto Darren Bent. I know it was a different regime, but is there a mentality at board or fan level where we believe that unless certain player is a big name or proven at a certain level, that he'll never amount to much at NUFC?

We don't always have to go for mega foreign signings to appease the fans. I'd have loved to see Cameron Jerome or Nugent here for only a couple of mill, and given a chance. Roeder's quote about not wanting players here for a big pay-day is a fair one, when we signed Jenas we got a player with bags of potential, and was proven in his own league. He was being asked to step up to the top flight and prove himself at a higher level. I think this is a great way of looking at players.

If we were to sign Jerome, for £3mill lets say, then if he comes up here, he has a huge challenge ahead of him. If he steps up, then great. If not, his value will most likely hold as he is a proven quality player in the Championship, and we could sell him back at a similar price.

Thoughts?

170580[/snapback]

I don't think the time was right to sign Ashton when he moved from Crewe to Norwich, but we certainly should have been in for him once Norwich dropped out of the Prem.

I agree with Matty, I would like to see Nugent here (and 3-4 mil would certainly swing it) but even if we did buy him we would still need a big target man.

Thoughts?

170580[/snapback]

I don't think the time was right to sign Ashton when he moved from Crewe to Norwich, but we certainly should have been in for him once Norwich dropped out of the Prem.

I agree with Matty, I would like to see Nugent here (and 3-4 mil would certainly swing it) but even if we did buy him we would still need a big target man.

170664[/snapback]

West Ham took a big risk in paying the money they did for a player who didn't look worth it based on his performances for Norwich in the PL. Though saying that it was probably as much of a risk as we took in signing Luque, difference is their gamble paid off.

Thoughts?

My thoughts exactly my good man, i sometimes think there is only me with any sense, however me and you arnt the manager

170580[/snapback]