Sitting in the home end - during Away matches

Nobby

Since we virtually always sell out our tickets...i've sat in the home end when we played at Ibrox and saw loads of lads sitting in the home end at Wigan last season.

I've just bought 2 tickets to sit in the home end at Villa Park for our game at the end of August,

just wondered if any of you had done this and how do you manage to not show your emotions, and have you had any bother from fans or coppers by doing it

Since we virtually always sell out our tickets...i've sat in the home end when we played at Ibrox and saw loads of lads sitting in the home end at Wigan last season.

I've just bought 2 tickets to sit in the home end at Villa Park for our game at the end of August,

just wondered if any of you had done this and how do you manage to not show your emotions, and have you had any bother from fans or coppers by doing it

170524[/snapback]

Why in the Villa end? Villa will undoubtedly be selling tickets on the day. As they have done for the last 5/6 visits there.

170524[/snapback]

Why in the Villa end? Villa will undoubtedly be selling tickets on the day. As they have done for the last 5/6 visits there.

170550[/snapback]

Damn, you should have told me three days ago...

Did it last year away to Wigan, and when Shearer's header 3 yards across the line wasn't given as a goal I obviously jumped up and nearly had my head kicked in...

Not recommended if unable to control emotions...

170524[/snapback]

170550[/snapback]

:blush:

I did it in Anfield a few seasons back. Speed and Dyer had a row in the middle of the park and we were a couple of goals down and playing shit. It was pretty easy to keep my mouth shut.

The Bobby threw Bellamy and Robert on(who were returning from injury) and they completely changed the game, we were excellent as soon as they came on and I think we earned a draw.

That was pretty difficult to keep quiet as the Pool fans were severly pissed off!

Guest Patrokles
I did it in Anfield a few seasons back. Speed and Dyer had a row in the middle of the park and we were a couple of goals down and playing shit. It was pretty easy to keep my mouth shut.

The Bobby threw Bellamy and Robert on(who were returning from injury) and they completely changed the game, we were excellent as soon as they came on and I think we earned a draw.

That was pretty difficult to keep quiet as the Pool fans were severly pissed off!

170574[/snapback]

Was that the 2-2 with the two goals in the last 10?

Guest Toplass-101

I sat in the Mackem end a few years back, I didnt dare flinch. When the players went off after the match Shearer smiled and waved at me/the Mackems with a big beaming smile on his face, it was class.

I fucking hate it, done it at Norwich and Spurs in the past, misery as we lost both !

Best one I ever seen was at Leicester Vs Norwich a few years ago sat next to my boss, who stood up in the Leicester section screaming "OFF SIDE !!!!" when Leicester scored.

He was asked to leave......

170574[/snapback]

Was that the 2-2 with the two goals in the last 10?

170698[/snapback]

That's the one.

I was in the mackem end when we beat them 1-0 at the SoL (Solano pen). Absolutely the worst footballing experience of my life, I only avoided getting my head kicked in because I was there with my mam's boyfriend who was a Sunderland supporter and rather well built. If we'd scored from open play I think I would've had to run for my life, thankfully as it was a penalty I could just about control myself and my friend and I went in jumped around in a toilet cubicle at half time to celebrate. :lol:

Totally got found out right at the end like as we were in the second row and they scored and the entire row in front ran forward to celebrate and we stayed still then pissed ourselves laughing when they all sat back down 'cause it'd been disallowed.

Never again like.

I was in the mackem end when we beat them 1-0 at the SoL (Solano pen). Absolutely the worst footballing experience of my life, I only avoided getting my head kicked in because I was there with my mam's boyfriend who was a Sunderland supporter and rather well built. If we'd scored from open play I think I would've had to run for my life, thankfully as it was a penalty I could just about control myself and my friend and I went in jumped around in a toilet cubicle at half time to celebrate. :blink:

Totally got found out right at the end like as we were in the second row and they scored and the entire row in front ran forward to celebrate and we stayed still then pissed ourselves laughing when they all sat back down 'cause it'd been disallowed.

Never again like.

171125[/snapback]

I was at that as well, but in the posh seats (or whatever they call them in Sunderland), when Nobby scored we couldn't help but cheer, and it turned out there was quite a few Newcastle supporters around us. Still a few proper mentalists there, I've never seen so many suits scrapping in my life, couldn't walk from one point to another without seeing something kick off. :lol: