Newcastle agree fee with Charlton for Faye

Jimbo

Skysports.com understand Charlton Athletic have agreed fees to sign Djimi Traore and Amdy Faye.

Addicks boss Iain Dowie revealed earlier this week that he wants to make five more signings before the start of the season, and now appears to have at least two close to completion.

Liverpool defender Traore and Newcastle United midfielder Faye have been edging towards moves to The Valley over the past few weeks.

Those transfers are now expected to be tied up in the coming days as skysports.com understand Charlton have settled upon fees for the duo.

Traore and Faye are thought to have already agreed personal terms at The Valley, but have been waiting for The Addicks to strike a deal with their respective clubs.

French stopper Traore has spent seven seasons at Anfield, but has never established himself as a first-team regular.

The 26-year-old could be afforded that opportunity by Dowie, who has been looking to add more depth to his squad.

Senegalese midfielder Faye has spent 18 months at Newcastle, since signing from Portsmouth, but is not considered first choice by Glenn Roeder.

To get rid another fringe player with limited opportunity in Newcastle in midfield area is good to add the fund to buy new players. If Faye is definitely out, I don't mind to have Gravesen here :blush:

Even better if Butt is also can be sold

Good servant to the club, always gave 100% and didn't moan about being on the fringes of the first team. Shame his attitude isn't mirrored throughout the squad really.

Good luck Amdy. :blush:

170790[/snapback]

is you ava an anime about Vampires.... or something..

I've seen that clip before

Good servant to the club, always gave 100% and didn't moan about being on the fringes of the first team. Shame his attitude isn't mirrored throughout the squad really.

170790[/snapback]

is you ava an anime about Vampires.... or something..

I've seen that clip before

170794[/snapback]

It's Victoria from Hellsing. So yes, it's an anime about vampires. Bloody good too (no pun intended)! :lol:

170790[/snapback]

My thought aswell. Good luck to him. Its a shame he wasn`t a bit more skillful. I hope we havn`t made a loss on him.