N-O

Toonpack

Okay, motherhubbards, this is what's going to happen. Because spending a single second on the NUFC forum is more painful than eating a thousand suns, we've decided to change things round.

General Chat will be removed. No more General Chat. A Newcastle supporters website is not the place for it.

General Football is returning from the dead. All news, views, transfers and rumours from football not related to NUFC will go in here.

There is also a transfer news and rumours forum. All NUFC transfer talk is to go in here. This includes ITK bollocks and 'I think we should sign...'.

These two boards will appear as child boards at the top of the NUFC Forum. This should make them easy access.

From now on, all football topics will be started in the topic moderation section. Moderators will then decide whether your topic is worthy of being moved into one of the main forums. Most will be but we hope this will eliminate awful WUM attempts, duplicate topics, knee-jerk rubbish and help to stop threads from straying wildly off topic. If a topic is refused, there will be an explanation within. You cannot reply to any topics in this forum.

As we go along, members trusted not to make tits of themselves with crap threads will be granted access to start topics straight into forums, so that only the CHAFF will still have to put up with it. Some of these members will also be granted access to the topic moderation system.

We were kidding about General Chat. That stays as it is. It will however have a separate jokes and games sub-forum for bobbyshinton to bugger around in.

First bold bit = How appropriate

Second Bold Bit =

rofl2.gif

"Never in the field of internet forums have so many been pissed around by so few"

Unbelievable :blush:

Edited by Toonpack

It's not as if you get hundreds of duplicate threads on there or an over baring amount of WUM's. You just simply get youngens who have found the site posting, but not knowing the crack. The idea to have a thread go through a mod before it's posted is shit as it delays news and will only create more arguments with possibly 'good' posters leaving as the board becomes more judgmental.

I think mods are getting too lazy to do there job basically. That shouldn't be the case with all the mods they have.

It's not as if you get hundreds of duplicate threads on there or an over baring amount of WUM's. You just simply get youngens who have found the site posting, but not knowing the crack. The idea to have a thread go through a mod before it's posted is shit as it delays news and will only create more arguments with possibly 'good' posters leaving as the board becomes more judgmental.

I think mods are getting too lazy to do there job basically. That shouldn't be the case with all the mods they have.

170829[/snapback]

This bit tickled me.

I've always been in favour of a move like this, although, as said, an additional problem is threads turning to shit after they started well. My idea was something more like an exclusive forum for good posters, as well as one for the "Chaff", as it were. Not only would good discussion be possible, but it could work as an incentive for the junior posters to move up.

I was thinking about putting the 'chaff' in camps after that, then I'd decide whether to stone/burn or gas them to death. :blush:

Christ! :blush:

Iremember a few months ago saying something like that in a thread in general chat about the board. :lol: I didn't use those terms, I just said that maybe you could have two separate boards, one being for newly registered members who then if seem sensible enough gain access to the Newcastle forum which they could just previously browse. I was ignored, surprise, surprise...! :lol: So instead the admin chose to take a few more mods on instead, but it just seems laughable that they can't handle a few duplicate threads and a WUM from time to time to resort to doing this.

Anyways.... ;)

Guest Patrokles

I think a more sensible solution would be to invent a time machine and sterilise the mothers of those considered untermensch.

sorry Matt I disagree, as long as its kept to sensible not slagging off posts then the thread should stay live, there are numerous schools of thought on why the places differ, one of them being that we dont moderate threads heavily like other boards do, keep it to a discussion on the pros and cons of the move N-O have made and we'll be fine.

oooops we got a difference of oipinion onm admin/ mod level, seeing as 2 say close and one to keep I'll go with majority.

170879[/snapback]

Scissors paper stone ?