Saturday's gossip column

Paul

Chelsea are unwilling to spend more than £20m on England and Arsenal left-back Ashley Cole. (Daily Star)

Shaun Wright-Phillips can leave Chelsea for £12m - a £9m loss on the player signed last summer. (Daily Mirror)

Newcastle are closing in on Feyenoord striker Dirk Kuyt with AZ Alkmaar's Joris Mathijsen and Inter Milan's Obafemi Martins also targets. (Mirror)

Martin Jol remains adamant Wigan's Pascal Chimbonda will be playing for Tottenham in the coming season. (Sun)

And Spurs are set to make a shock swoop for Roma striker Mido, who was on loan at White Hart Lane last season. (Star)

Manchester City are set to complete the capture of Ajax and Tunisia right-back Hatem Trabelsi next week. (Mirror)

Charlton will bring in Djimi Traore from Liverpool for £2m and Portsmouth's Amdy Faye for £2.5m. (Mirror)

Portsmouth will stop in their efforts to sign Blackburn defender Ryan Nelsen if a £4.7m bid is rejecetd. (Mirror)

Watford are close to hijacking West Brom's move for QPR defender Danny Shittu, despite the Baggies agreeing a £1.5m deal with Rangers. (Star)

Chelsea are unwilling to spend more than £20m on England and Arsenal left-back Ashley Cole. (Daily Star)

Shaun Wright-Phillips can leave Chelsea for £12m - a £9m loss on the player signed last summer. (Daily Mirror)

Newcastle are closing in on Feyenoord striker Dirk Kuyt with AZ Alkmaar's Joris Mathijsen and Inter Milan's Obafemi Martins also targets. (Mirror)

Martin Jol remains adamant Wigan's Pascal Chimbonda will be playing for Tottenham in the coming season. (Sun)

And Spurs are set to make a shock swoop for Roma striker Mido, who was on loan at White Hart Lane last season. (Star)

Manchester City are set to complete the capture of Ajax and Tunisia right-back Hatem Trabelsi next week. (Mirror)  :blush:

Charlton will bring in Djimi Traore from Liverpool for £2m and Portsmouth's(????) Amdy Faye for £2.5m. (Mirror)

Portsmouth will stop in their efforts to sign Blackburn defender Ryan Nelsen if a £4.7m bid is rejecetd. (Mirror)

Watford are close to hijacking West Brom's move for QPR defender Danny Shittu, despite the Baggies agreeing a £1.5m deal with Rangers. (Star)

170854[/snapback]

I've heard Kuyt is still a major target, nothing on the other two. Roeder is either going to watch him, or sending someone to watch him this weekend. If not impressed or Feyenoord want too much for him then they will go back to Spurs with another bid..................but this time for Robbie Keane.

How excited did I just get when I saw Akabusi's name in italics at the bottom of the screen? Kid at fucking Christmas! :lol:

EDIT: And he doesn't disappoint!

Edited by DotBum

Robbie Keane is a good player and would fit in well. Needs to fulfil his potential at club level though.

170927[/snapback]

I've always been more impressed with him for Spurs than for Ireland, I would be very happy with that signing.

I've heard Kuyt is still a major target, nothing on the other two. Roeder is either going to watch him, or sending someone to watch him this weekend. If not impressed or Feyenoord want too much for him then they will go back to Spurs with another bid..................but this time for Robbie Keane.

170925[/snapback]

I can't imagine Keane being much cheaper than Kuyt. Hasn't be been made club captain?

170925[/snapback]

I can't imagine Keane being much cheaper than Kuyt. Hasn't be been made club captain?

171038[/snapback]

He was made Country Captain...as far as I know ledley king is still captian...and Robbo was vice captian....Robbo was captain last season when ledders was injured IIRC

Keane is MUCH better than Defoe in my opinion. Fingers crossed Kuyt doesn't impress then :lol:

171090[/snapback]

Agreed! I've wanted us to make an approach for Keane ever since his Wolves days...

And his link up play with Duff is supposedly excellent, is it not?

Keane is MUCH better than Defoe in my opinion. Fingers crossed Kuyt doesn't impress then :lol:

171090[/snapback]

Agreed! I've wanted us to make an approach for Keane ever since his Wolves days...

And his link up play with Duff is supposedly excellent, is it not?

171153[/snapback]

Their movement as a forward pair at WC2002 was superb iirc.