Bloody Hell

Toonpack

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol:  see, we just get Wacky talking about offences, or SMO discussing the finer point of post-ejaculation clean-up

none of the high brow esoteric discussion that they enjoy on N-O

170978[/snapback]

Not to mention the 'ive just had a dump' threads.......

171006[/snapback]

I thought the social advice is testament to our inferiority tbh

Defcon Marmite tbh

Goods AIDs or bad AIDs?

171034[/snapback]

there's no good aids! sure one might be better, but not good. Better. Not good.

171037[/snapback]

either I'm being whooshed or I'm going to break out the whoosh cannon me self!

Goods AIDs or bad AIDs?

171034[/snapback]

171037[/snapback]

171041[/snapback]

Paraphrased from Curb Your Enthusiasm, Fish. Obviously not quite the fan you think you are. :lol:

Goods AIDs or bad AIDs?

171034[/snapback]

171037[/snapback]

171041[/snapback]

Paraphrased from Curb Your Enthusiasm, Fish. Obviously not quite the fan you think you are. :lol:

171046[/snapback]

never professed to be an expert on the subject ginge, so shut it

:lol: Laughably pathetic even by internet standards, I like most the mods over on N.O, but this makes them look like a right bunch of pillocks.

171019[/snapback]

I've really tried to stay out of this but I have to agree here. It's the bit of... 'if the mods feel the thread is worthy..' that gets me. While it doesn't affect me in the slightest as I don't bother posting in their NUFC forum the whole implication leaves a sour taste.

:lol: Laughably pathetic even by internet standards, I like most the mods over on N.O, but this makes them look like a right bunch of pillocks.

171019[/snapback]

I've really tried to stay out of this but I have to agree here. It's the bit of... 'if the mods feel the thread is worthy..' that gets me. While it doesn't affect me in the slightest as I don't bother posting in their NUFC forum the whole implication leaves a sour taste.

171050[/snapback]

In the boards I've been a member for for years, there are few rules, usually (bearing in mind these are mainly American boards) only 2

No C word

No N Word

and that's about it

Most boards have a Smack area (for naughty posting) and all the mods do is if there's something posted in one of the serious areas which is not pertinent to the subject the offending post will be deleted, if however the thread has degenerated into a bun-fight the whole thread is shunted to the smack-zone.

People soon get sick of losing threads and post the inflamatory stuff direct in the smack areas where LOADS of fun is usually had.

Bannings are incredibly rare, in boards here it seems a first resort.

In my case on N-O I was "pushing the envelope", as it were, but given my previous experiences I would have expected a warning.

The weird thing from my perspective is that for example HTT posted Pud's personal details, THAT is the absolute NO NO.

If that had happened on stateside board, the offending poster would have been banned but also hunted from forum to forum at which they post and be mercilessly spammed by many members, it is considered really beyond the pale.

The other unwritten rule is Attack the post NOT the poster, way too much "I'll kick your face in" in footy boards as well.

171019[/snapback]

171050[/snapback]

In the boards I've been a member for for years, there are few rules, usually (bearing in mind these are mainly American boards) only 2

No C word

No N Word

and that's about it

Most boards have a Smack area (for naughty posting) and all the mods do is if there's something posted in one of the serious areas which is not pertinent to the subject the offending post will be deleted, if however the thread has degenerated into a bun-fight the whole thread is shunted to the smack-zone.

People soon get sick of losing threads and post the inflamatory stuff direct in the smack areas where LOADS of fun is usually had.

In my case on N-O I was "pushing the envelope", as it were, but given my previous experiences I would have expected a warning.

The weird thing from my perspective is that for example HTT posted Pud's personal details, THAT is the absolute NO NO.

If that had happened on stateside board, the offending poster would have been banned but also hunted from forum to forum at which they post and be mercilessly spammed by many members, it is considered really beyond the pale.

The other unwritten rule is Attack the post NOT the poster, way too much "I'll kick your face in" in footy boards as well.

171062[/snapback]

Nowt wrong with saying cunt is there?

:blink:

Americans seem to be extremely offended by it though...

171143[/snapback]

Also quite offended by muslims, I'm not sure we should trust their opinions. :lol:

I've thought long and hard about commenting on all this, primarily because the board wars of old have gone and we all seem to get along OK. Nor do I want to re-kindle them.

But quite frankly when I first read what changes had been implemented over there, I thought it was a wind up. Moderating every post? Words fail me! Ergo if a couple of people who've had their positions elevated don't agree with the subject, then in the bin it goes?? Jesus Wept!

Tell me, who's moderating the posts started by the moderators? :blink:

I take this opportunity to state that:

- Toontastic will never have thread moderation (we'll just delete it if it's shit because quite frankly, it's less work for us than to moderate every post).

- General Chat will always be here (whether they were kidding or not)

Thank god I was talked into helping to get this place setup! :lol:

I've thought long and hard about commenting on all this, primarily because the board wars of old have gone and we all seem to get along OK. Nor do I want to re-kindle them.

But quite frankly when I first read what changes had been implemented over there, I thought it was a wind up. Moderating every post? Words fail me! Ergo if a couple of people who've had their positions elevated don't agree with the subject, then in the bin it goes?? Jesus Wept!

Tell me, who's moderating the posts started by the moderators? :blink:

I take this opportunity to state that:

- Toontastic will never have thread moderation (we'll just delete it if it's shit because quite frankly, it's less work for us than to moderate every post).

- General Chat will always be here (whether they were kidding or not)

Thank god I was talked into helping to get this place setup! :lol:

171178[/snapback]

Agreed, praise be to Allah.

It's every thread, not every post btw, unless I've missed something.

what would alex do in that environment?

surely :blink::lol: :lol: would be banned as a post...

he'd be speechless

... actually I'm coming round to the idea...

Guest Patrokles

Problem is, this will mean a mass exodus of the god-fucking-awful posters (by which I don't mean that an N-O poster is, by defaul, awful, but they have their fair share who won't make QUALITY CONTROL) to pastures new, something we may be witnessing here tonight already. And before anyone says it, I'm the exception.

Problem is, this will mean a mass exodus of the god-fucking-awful posters (by which I don't mean that an N-O poster is, by defaul, awful, but they have their fair share who won't make QUALITY CONTROL)  to pastures new, something we may be witnessing here tonight already. And before anyone says it, I'm the exception.

171243[/snapback]

We have a 'quality control' process in place on here though.....you're name's not down, you're not coming in! :lol:

171019[/snapback]

171050[/snapback]

No C word

No N Word

and that's about it

171062[/snapback]

Am I the only one wondering what the hell the N word is?

:blink: