Roeder: New transfers 'close'- Guardian

Pegasus Bridge

'Things are progressing and we're very close to a couple of deals, a lot closer now than a week ago," Roeder said yesterday. "The players we're looking at will integrate with the rest of the squad within a couple of days." Roeder also confirmed his interest in Thomas Gravesen, the Real Madrid midfielder available for £3m after an unimpressive 18 months in Spain, not helped by his part in a training ground fight this week. "We'd be interested in any player of that quality," the manager said.

Not exactly filling me with confidence.

Its been like this for weeks. I wont be happy untill we actually officially sign players, especially a striker or two.

170932[/snapback]

Well, apparently they ar as good as signed 'intergrated with the squad within the next few days'

Sounds pretty concrete to me :lol:

Well, apparently they ar as good as signed 'intergrated with the squad within the next few days'

170936[/snapback]

Aye, I'm still very confident of getting the signings we need. The Roedster is calm and collected, he still has my confidence. Whether he'll be good enough to do the business with who he brings in is another matter, I have my doubts but I'll give him time.

Its been like this for weeks. I wont be happy untill we actually officially sign players, especially a striker or two.

170932[/snapback]

170936[/snapback]

Yeah, bit of a silly thing to say if there's a chance we couldn't pull it off.

Could this trip to Holland be nothing more than a smokescreen?? Maybe our real targets are not from there at all?

Keane?

Curiouser and curiouser.

170945[/snapback]

A smoked Edam screen? :lol:

Could this trip to Holland be nothing more than a smokescreen?? Maybe our real targets are not from there at all?

Keane?

Curiouser and curiouser.

170945[/snapback]

A smoked Edam screen? :lol:

170948[/snapback]

You could be right :lol::lol: After all, I did tell you all about the cheese deliveries to NUFC!!! :blink:

170932[/snapback]

170936[/snapback]

Believe it when I see them in a Newcastle shirt.

He can get in the right place at the right time with great timing to get on the end of through balls and score.

He can take his man on in the box and pretty much smash it in anywhere around & outside the box too.

He also seems very cool & composed on the ball while under pressure and can head a ball. Overall he would be a great signing if it were him.

\"Thomas Gravesen, the Real Madrid midfielder available for £3m after an unimpressive 18 months in Spain\"

Hop on board, Tommy lad