Friendly: Newcastle United vs Villareal

MattM4

NEWCASTLE UNITED v VILLAREAL

St. James' Park

Pre-season friendly game

Saturday August 5, 2006. Kick off 5.15pm

From nufc.co.uk teams are:

Newcastle United: Shay Given, Stephen Carr, Craig Moore, Titus Bramble, Celestine Babayaro, Nobby Solano, Emre, Scott Parker, Damien Duff, Albert Luque, Shola Ameobi

Subs: Jean Alain Boumsong, Steve Harper, Charles N'Zogbia, James Milner, Nicky Butt, Peter Ramage, Paul Huntington, Matty Pattison, Alan O'Brien, Steven Taylor

Villarreal: Sebastian Viera, Javier Rodriguez Gonzalo, Sanchez Diaz Jose Enrique, Diego Forlan, Josico, Robert Pires, Cani, Sanjuan Alvarez, Leandro Somoza, Jose Mari Romero, Josemi

Subs: Pena, Javi Venta, Mariano Barbosa, more to follow...

I see the people who invested in World will be getting their money's worth already as there's is no live commentary from them! :lol:

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm looking for performance rather than result here.

That's pretty much our first choice team so I want to seen organisation and cohesion at the back, invention and effort in the center of the park and finally movement and foresight up front.

I expect to be disappointed :lol:

I want to see Luque and Shola put on a good display and get in the goals, it seems we'll be needing them both to be in top form this season.

Booted up the old Digibox and the FTV card is still working, chuffed! Off to watch it on Five now. I'm sure you all needed to know that. :lol:

The Nordy: "He's been over and back to Holland, I hope that's in search of a striker".

Is he suggesting the Roedster likes a bit of a smoke or the prossies a bit too much? :lol:

I want to see Luque and Shola put on a good display and get in the goals, it seems we'll be needing them both to be in top form this season.

171060[/snapback]

Same here, hopefully we will put in a good performance and hopefully Luque will score - at best, it will mean he's found a bit of form and at worst, one or two Spanish clubs may become interested.

Guest Patrokles

Although we haven't been brilliant, I do hope that Emre's display hasn't gone unnoticed amongst some people who seem to think he's a luxury.