The Best Funeral Album in the World... Ever!

Guest Patrokles

Guest Patrokles

I've been toying with this idea since Christmas. I worked in a record store and at least a couple of people came in asking me to find them specific songs that they'd heard and thought were 'nice' for a funeral. One or two were specific to the person who died, ie:

'He used to listen that that white man who sounds black, there was a track, something about his mother.'

But more often than not, it was just because they thought the song really expressed what they'd want to hear at a funeral. Westlife's 'Raise Me Up,' for example, seems rather popular.

Around this same time, we had a sale on various compilations, and I noticed how many different types there were; Music for Lovers, Acoustic 2005, Power Ballads, etc, etc. BUT NO MUSIC FOR FUNERALS!

I'm sensing a niche here.

'Going Underground' by The Jam shirley?

And how about 'Fire' by The Crazy World of Arthur Brown?? That has to be in there for the opening line alone! :lol:

Guest Patrokles

See, there are so many different styles, too. You can have a funeral album with the above suggestions, for the 'wacky' types who want something fun for their funeral. Then you can have moer serious funeral albums;Katherine Jenkins and Bryn Tyrfel for the old lady funerals, Westlife and Blue for teenage girl ones, The Smiths for angsty teenage types.

Edited by Patrokles

Coffin Fodder - Cradle of Filth

Highway to hell - Ac/Dc

The blessed hellride - Black Label Society

Most Likely youl go your way and il go mine - Bob Dylan

Better off Daed - Death from above 1979

Bang Bang (your dead) - Dirty Pretty Things

Ha Ha Your Dead - Green Day

Say Hello To angels - Interpol

Back from the dead - The Libertines

The night i lost my head - Maximo Park (for the most unfortunate types)

The great gig in the sky - Pink floyd

Departure - Trivium

OK BIT too FAR :lol:

Guest Patrokles
Britney Spears - Oops! I Did It Again

171481[/snapback]

I think that's more what serial killers would listen to by themselves at night after their latest killing. Sobbing quietly.

But there's also no Music to Kill Serially to, so maybe you've onto something too.

Kula Shaker - Grateful When You're Dead

Oasis - What's The Story Morning Glory (need a little time to wake up, wake up!)

Boo Radleys - Wake Up Boo!

:lol:

171481[/snapback]

I think that's more what serial killers would listen to by themselves at night after their latest killing. Sobbing quietly.

But there's also no Music to Kill Serially to, so maybe you've onto something too.

171482[/snapback]

I was thinking along the lines of an emo kid finally succeeding in killing themselves...but now it seems somewhat bitterly ironic.

Livin in a Box- Black Box

Knockin on heavens door

Stairway to Heaven - the Zep

Going Underground-Jamie Rockwai

I'm not dead- Pink

Before I fall to pieces- Razorlight

(For people you don't like)

Sympathy for the Devil- Rolling Stones

Norah Jones- Don't miss you at all

Gnarls Barkley- Necromancing

Jerk- I hate people like that

171481[/snapback]

171482[/snapback]

I was thinking along the lines of an emo kid finally succeeding in killing themselves...but now it seems somewhat bitterly ironic.

171493[/snapback]

Still doesn't work :lol: