Your Character 'Flaws'

magelaide

I too am an emotional retard thanks to a typical English upbringing. I can't talk about feelings to anyone. Also, I can't have physical contact with people apart from those I am really close too - I couldn't hug a bloke for instance. I've got to say I hate this but I'm fairly resigned I'll never change now.

171618[/snapback]

Give us a big cuddle man you softie....

:blink:

Do you hug blokes at the match?

171619[/snapback]

Rarely, but I have done I suppose. I remember once we beat Barnsley in the cup and for some reason I was next to the away fans with no segregation. After the match this obese bloke in a Brazil shirt came over and said "Reet, eeh bah gum, gis a hug" and proceeded to embrace me, squeezing the air out my lungs (think of the scene in Fight club). I was mortified.

171624[/snapback]

Rain Man tbh.

gnaaaaa gnaaaaaa :lol:

171627[/snapback]

No, I meant Fightclub. It's the bit where he's going to various self-help meetings and a big bloke with tits (side effect of chemotherapy) hugs him. Anyway, this Barnsley fan was like that and even had the tits!

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I too am an emotional retard thanks to a typical English upbringing. I can't talk about feelings to anyone. Also, I can't have physical contact with people apart from those I am really close too - I couldn't hug a bloke for instance. I've got to say I hate this but I'm fairly resigned I'll never change now.

171618[/snapback]

Give us a big cuddle man you softie....

:blink:

Do you hug blokes at the match?

171619[/snapback]

Rarely, but I have done I suppose. I remember once we beat Barnsley in the cup and for some reason I was next to the away fans with no segregation. After the match this obese bloke in a Brazil shirt came over and said "Reet, eeh bah gum, gis a hug" and proceeded to embrace me, squeezing the air out my lungs (think of the scene in Fight club). I was mortified.

171624[/snapback]

Rain Man tbh.

gnaaaaa gnaaaaaa :lol:

171627[/snapback]

No, I meant Fightclub. It's the bit where he's going to various self-help meetings and a big bloke with tits (side effect of chemotherapy) hugs him. Anyway, this Barnsley fan was like that and even had the tits!

171628[/snapback]

Meat Loaf tbs tbs

171628[/snapback]

I know, but The Narrator in Fight Club doesn't fight off Bob when he gets hugged. He accepts it and has a cry.

I was saying you're more of a Rain Man. I picture the Barnsley fan going to envelop you but you freaking out and slapping your own head.

No, I reciprocated, but felt really uncomfortable, both physically and mentally. I will hug people I know if we score and feel OK about it, but anything else and I hate the intimacy, even though I don't want to.

I establish a facade which people react to and thinkis the "real" me, wheras in fact it's not like me much at all

thi is a different response to the upbringing Renton was talking about.

I am in touch with feelings and emotions, I'm a very tactile person naturaly, but I know that "feelings" and "touchy feely" stuff isn't appreciated by most so I hide that and pretend instead.

I am fickle to the point of self-sabotage

I will end a relationship the minute it gets too easy or dull, leading to people perceiving me to be a "player", only after one thing, etc. Basically I got screwed over by an ex and now I don't trust girls, and my fickleness means I don't give them time to get past my childish bullshit.

I'm absolutely deseperate for peoples approval and seek collegiality(sp?) all the time.

I've grown intolerant of mind games pleyd by people which sometimes means I won't give people a second chance, which is sometimes cutting my nose off to spite my face.

I'm prone to bouts of self flaggelation, blaming myself for all that ails me and wailing and gnashing my teeth instead of actually doing anything, I'll also spend money to make myself feel better, despite it being one of my main worries.

the biggest problem in my life is the parodoxical arrogance-insecurity dichotomy.

I think I'm fucking awesome at precisely the same moment as fucking useless :blush:

Add to this list a increasing intake of alcohol and other substances..

:unsure: I'm complicated

I establish a facade which people react to and thinkis the "real" me, wheras in fact it's not like me much at all

thi is a different response to the upbringing Renton was talking about.

I am in touch with feelings and emotions, I'm a very tactile person naturaly, but I know that "feelings" and "touchy feely" stuff isn't appreciated by most so I hide that and pretend instead.

I am fickle to the point of self-sabotage

I will end a relationship the minute it gets too easy or dull, leading to people perceiving me to be a "player", only after one thing, etc. Basically I got screwed over by an ex and now I don't trust girls, and my fickleness means I don't give them time to get past my childish bullshit.

I'm absolutely deseperate for peoples approval and seek collegiality(sp?) all the time.

I've grown intolerant of mind games pleyd by people which sometimes means I won't give people a second chance, which is sometimes cutting my nose off to spite my face.

I'm prone to bouts of self flaggelation, blaming myself for all that ails me and wailing and gnashing my teeth instead of actually doing anything, I'll also spend money to make myself feel better, despite it being one of my main worries.

the biggest problem in my life is the parodoxical arrogance-insecurity dichotomy.

I think I'm fucking awesome at precisely the same moment as fucking useless :icon_lol:

Add to this list a increasing intake of alcohol and other substances..

:unsure: I'm complicated

171933[/snapback]

Not finished yet either. :blush:

I tend to call a spade a shovel which can seem too blunt for some people but I just tell it like it is....

I never know when enough is enough ( especially with alcohol)

I tend to make up my mind about somebody within the first ten minutes of meeting them and if I don't like what I see/hear I just don't bother with then anymore...

I can hold a grudge for eternity...

Apart from that I is brill.... :unsure:

like I say, I'm complicated...

blame honesty

171967[/snapback]

Most people are.

171971[/snapback]

I'm not sure I agree.

like I say, I'm complicated...

blame honesty

171967[/snapback]

Most people are.

171971[/snapback]

I'm not sure I agree.

172008[/snapback]

I think you find they are the more you get to know people. Not necessarily interesting, just complicated :unsure:

Im too set in my ways, i dont like change.

Quick tempered

Prone to feeling down rather than being cheerful  :(

Impatient

loads more i expect  :icon_lol:

172010[/snapback]

You like gingers. :blush:

172012[/snapback]

:unsure:

nowt wrong with ginners!! :icon_lol:

Quick tempered

Impatient

loads more i expect  :(

172010[/snapback]

172012[/snapback]

nowt wrong with ginners!! :icon_lol:

172015[/snapback]

You can add delusional to the list now. :icon_lol:

I think you find they are the more you get to know people. Not necessarily interesting, just complicated :unsure:

172013[/snapback]

Cheeky fecker, how long would you like me to wait, like? :blush:

I think we've blatantly missed the 2 distinct sub-species of human. One's complicated enough.

Quick tempered

Impatient

loads more i expect  :(

172010[/snapback]

172012[/snapback]

nowt wrong with ginners!! :(

172015[/snapback]

You can add delusional to the list now. :icon_lol:

172017[/snapback]

Did i forget to mention i hold a grudge? :slap:

:icon_lol:

oh I can't hold a grudge at all.

now some would say this was a good thing, but it does tend to lead to getting screwed over time and again by the same people.