Snake Bite (the drink)

bobbyshinton

Has anyone ever had PROPER absinthe? The shit that really makes you go mental but costs £100 a bottle. I haven't.

172052[/snapback]

I've had absinthe that was about 75% or something. It wasn't £100 though, my cousin got it dead cheap in Andorra. It sent me mental :unsure:

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone ever had PROPER absinthe? The shit that really makes you go mental but costs £100 a bottle. I haven't.

172052[/snapback]

have a bottle sitting in my kitchen right now...black absinthe from a real absinthe shop in Prague...thay even showed me how to pour and drink it correctly before i bought it....it's only for "special" occasions tho as more than two and your on your arse... :unsure:

172052[/snapback]

have a bottle sitting in my kitchen right now...black absinthe from a real absinthe shop in Prague...thay even showed me how to pour and drink it correctly before i bought it....it's only for "special" occasions tho as more than two and your on your arse... :unsure:

172058[/snapback]

Are you a Cradle of Filth fan perchance? :blush:

172052[/snapback]

172058[/snapback]

172060[/snapback]

:icon_lol:

Guest Patrokles

There's a type that has flecks of something or other in it, and that's the stuff that caused people to wig out back in the day. Not so much the drink, but the particles of stuff inside.

I've had absinthe that was about 75% or something. It wasn't £100 though, my cousin got it dead cheap in Andorra. It sent me mental :unsure:

172057[/snapback]

It's the stuff that has the wormwood in it that sends you proper mental. You didn't cut your ear off, did you? I've had some, think the mentalness is more of a long-term effect.

Anyone ever eaten the worm out of the Tequila bottle?

There's a type that has flecks of something or other in it, and that's the stuff that caused people to wig out back in the day. Not so much the drink, but the particles of stuff inside.

172063[/snapback]

Is that not Goldschlaker (sp ?) ???

172052[/snapback]

172058[/snapback]

172060[/snapback]

172061[/snapback]

http://www.sing365.com/music/lyric.nsf/Abs...8256F200007DFD4

What's the business with dipping a spoon full of sugar in it and lighting it, then mixing it in? Memories of my teens coming back, don't know what that was all about.

172057[/snapback]

It's the stuff that has the wormwood in it that sends you proper mental. You didn't cut your ear off, did you? I've had some, think the mentalness is more of a long-term effect.

Anyone ever eaten the worm out of the Tequila bottle?

172064[/snapback]

Isn't the bit about it having mescaline in a load of shite though? I read it's traditional as it shows the purity of the alcohol is ok - i.e. it's preserved the worm. Or summat.

172052[/snapback]

172057[/snapback]

Fuck me I couldn't believe how cheap it was in Andorra, about €4 for a bottle, so I got 3. The only drink I've ever had that gets me stupidly pissed.

Being a regular snakbite drinker I would say it doesn't get me any more pissed than lager i.e Fosters, Carling, but if it's made with LCL it knocks ya fucking lights oot, as i've found out of late.

The reason I've started drinking it with LCL is fosters cold etc makes it flat as fuck, it has to be made with normal lager to get the nice creamy head on it.

F.A.O Fish

Stella blows ya heed off, far stronger than snakebite

Edited by Wacky Jnr

172052[/snapback]

172058[/snapback]

172060[/snapback]

172061[/snapback]

172068[/snapback]

Brock, that's awful.

Being a regular snakbite drinker I would say it doesn't get me any more pissed than lager i.e Fosters, Carling, but if it's made with LCL it knocks ya fucking lights oot, as i've found out of late.

The reason I've started drinking it with LCL is fosters cold etc makes it flat as fuck, it has to be made with normal lager to get the nice creamy head on it.

172074[/snapback]

LCL was bloody gorgeous!

they had it on tap in the east end club on wallsend high street.

Isn't the bit about it having mescaline in a load of shite though? I read it's traditional as it shows the purity of the alcohol is ok - i.e. it's preserved the worm. Or summat.

172070[/snapback]

Pretty sure the worms been going in the bottle longer than mescaline's been around. Maybe they used to put peyote in? Rings some sort of bell, definitely bollocks in the case of the one I ate.

On a different note, I couldn't believe that shit was over the counter in Amsterdam. :unsure:

172052[/snapback]

172058[/snapback]

172060[/snapback]

172061[/snapback]

172068[/snapback]

Brock, that's awful.

172076[/snapback]

:(

172074[/snapback]

LCL was bloody gorgeous!

they had it on tap in the east end club on wallsend high street.

172078[/snapback]

The best pint of LCL you'll get is in the Meldon CIU club in Heaton, it's magic but you end up paraguayed drinking it.

What's the business with dipping a spoon full of sugar in it and lighting it, then mixing it in?  Memories of my teens coming back, don't know what that was all about.

172069[/snapback]

How to drink absinthe. For those of you who are new to absinthe, the traditional method for tasting absinthe is with water and sugar. The water is used to dilute the alcohol, and the sugar is used to mask the bitterness of the absinthium (wormwood) and other oils.

The traditional ritual for serving absinthe is to pour ice-cold water over a cube of sugar that is resting on a slotted spoon. The slotted spoon is suspended over a glass with a portion of absinthe. The cold water dissolves the sugar, both entering the glass to mix with the absinthe. As the cold water mixes with the absinthe, it clouds, this effect is called the "louche".

Most absinthes produced today are already sweet and adding sugar may obscure the wonderful flavors that the distiller intended for you to enjoy.

Here are a few ways to enjoy absinthe:

Traditional - This is when absinthe is served with water and sugar. Typically five portions of water to one portion of absinthe and a cube of sugar. This method of serving absinthe produces a thin-sweet mixture.

Guest Patrokles

172063[/snapback]

Is that not Goldschlaker (sp ?) ???

172067[/snapback]

Yeah, I got mixed up. I was thinking of

http://www.absinthe.bz/store/absinthe-king...ullzeye5&act_vn

Which has GOLD in the title. It's thujone that made people wig out, that's what I was thinking of.

What's the business with dipping a spoon full of sugar in it and lighting it, then mixing it in?  Memories of my teens coming back, don't know what that was all about.

172069[/snapback]

How to drink absinthe. For those of you who are new to absinthe, the traditional method for tasting absinthe is with water and sugar. The water is used to dilute the alcohol, and the sugar is used to mask the bitterness of the absinthium (wormwood) and other oils.

The traditional ritual for serving absinthe is to pour ice-cold water over a cube of sugar that is resting on a slotted spoon. The slotted spoon is suspended over a glass with a portion of absinthe. The cold water dissolves the sugar, both entering the glass to mix with the absinthe. As the cold water mixes with the absinthe, it clouds, this effect is called the "louche".

Most absinthes produced today are already sweet and adding sugar may obscure the wonderful flavors that the distiller intended for you to enjoy.

Here are a few ways to enjoy absinthe:

Traditional - This is when absinthe is served with water and sugar. Typically five portions of water to one portion of absinthe and a cube of sugar. This method of serving absinthe produces a thin-sweet mixture.

172087[/snapback]

I used to drink it straight, burns like fuck.