***George Best 'El Beatle' Compilation Update***

Tooj

41085088bestflag416ej3.jpg

Now i don't know if anyone ever caught my George Best compilation i posted up before, but as like my Pele video that i have updated i thought this compilation could really do with an update and is much better than the original video posted up, so if anyone has the older video i really do recommend them to download this version and to delete the older one.

We all know of his off the pitch antics and the mess he made with his life, but i honestly can't think of a player with more talent who has plyed his trade on these shores of ours, and he is arguebly the finest and most naturally talented player to have played this game that is Football. In his prime Best had it all, pace, power, precision, probably the best balance i've seen on any footballer, arguebly the greatest dribbler of all time, he could beat people in his sleep if he wanted to. He also had that arrogance about him as he knew he was actually that good so he could execute to perfection those things that he tried out on the pitch. For one so small and slender he was a fantastic header' of the ball and had such courage and bravery, a thing that the modern day wingers such as Reyes and Ronaldo could learn a thing or two about, Best wasn't interested in going down with the slightest touch, his main aim was to stay on his feet and get towards the goal, or humiliate the defender who had tried to hurt him.

Diego Maradona's hero when growing up, what a growing compliment that is.

Here's one of many amazing stories on how good George Best really was.

In 1976, Northern Ireland were drawn against Holland in Rotterdam as one of their group qualifying matches for the World Cup. Back then the reporters stayed at the same hotel as the team and travelled with them on the coach to the game. As it happened I sat beside George on the way to the stadium that evening.

Holland - midway between successive World Cup final appearances - and Johan Cruyff were at their peak at the time. George wasn't. I asked him what he thought of the acknowledged world number one and he said he thought the Dutchman was outstanding. 'Better than you?' I asked. George looked at me and laughed. 'You're kidding aren't you? I tell you what I'll do tonight... I'll nutmeg Cruyff first chance I get.' And we both laughed at the thought.

A couple of hours later the Irish players were announced one by one on to the pitch. Pat Jennings, as goalkeeper, was first out of the tunnel to appreciative applause. Best, as No 11, was last. 'And now,' revved up the PA guy, 'Number 11, Georgie [long pause] Best.' And out trotted George. Above him, a beautiful blonde reached over with a single, long-stemmed red rose.

Given his nature, his training and his peripheral vision there was no way he was going to miss her or the rose, so he stopped, trotted back, reached up to take the flower, kissed her hand and ran out on to the pitch waving his rose at the punters as the applause grew even louder.

Five minutes into the game he received the ball wide on the left. Instead of heading towards goal he turned directly infield, weaved his way past at least three Dutchmen and found his way to Cruyff who was wide right. He took the ball to his opponent, dipped a shoulder twice and slipped it between Cruyff's feet. As he ran round to collect it and run on he raised his right fist into the air.

Only a few of us in the press box knew what this bravado act really meant. Johan Cruyff the best in the world? Are you kidding? Only an idiot would have thought that on this evening.

A tribute from the greatest of them all.

"One of the greatest players was told in America that he was the greatest player in the world, and he said: 'No no, George Best is the greatest player in the world.' That was Pele.

"A tribute like that from Pele, who said George Best was the greatest player in the world. Who is going to argue with Pele?"

http://www.yourfilehost.com/media.php?cat=...El_Beatle__.wmv

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14kdS3vKzGo

Edited by Jonny2J

41085088bestflag416ej3.jpg

Now i don't know if anyone ever caught my George Best compilation i posted up before, but as like my Pele video that i have updated i thought this compilation could really do with an update and is much better than the original video posted up, so if anyone has the older video i really do recommend them to download this version and to delete the older one.

We all know of his off the pitch antics and the mess he made with his life, but i honestly can't think of a player with more talent who has plyed his trade on these shores of ours, and he is arguebly the finest and most naturally talented player to have played this game that is Football. In his prime Best had it all, pace, power, precision, probably the best balance i've seen on any footballer, arguebly the greatest dribbler of all time, he could beat people in his sleep if he wanted to. He also had that arrogance about him as he knew he was actually that good so he could execute to perfection those things that he tried out on the pitch. For one so small and slender he was a fantastic header' of the ball and had such courage and bravery, a thing that the modern day wingers such as Reyes and Ronaldo could learn a thing or two about, Best wasn't interested in going down with the slightest touch, his main aim was to stay on his feet and get towards the goal, or humiliate the defender who had tried to hurt him.

Diego Maradona's hero when growing up, what a growing compliment that is.

Here's one of many amazing stories on how good George Best really was.

In 1976, Northern Ireland were drawn against Holland in Rotterdam as one of their group qualifying matches for the World Cup. Back then the reporters stayed at the same hotel as the team and travelled with them on the coach to the game. As it happened I sat beside George on the way to the stadium that evening.

Holland - midway between successive World Cup final appearances - and Johan Cruyff were at their peak at the time. George wasn't. I asked him what he thought of the acknowledged world number one and he said he thought the Dutchman was outstanding. 'Better than you?' I asked. George looked at me and laughed. 'You're kidding aren't you? I tell you what I'll do tonight... I'll nutmeg Cruyff first chance I get.' And we both laughed at the thought.

A couple of hours later the Irish players were announced one by one on to the pitch. Pat Jennings, as goalkeeper, was first out of the tunnel to appreciative applause. Best, as No 11, was last. 'And now,' revved up the PA guy, 'Number 11, Georgie [long pause] Best.' And out trotted George. Above him, a beautiful blonde reached over with a single, long-stemmed red rose.

Given his nature, his training and his peripheral vision there was no way he was going to miss her or the rose, so he stopped, trotted back, reached up to take the flower, kissed her hand and ran out on to the pitch waving his rose at the punters as the applause grew even louder.

Five minutes into the game he received the ball wide on the left. Instead of heading towards goal he turned directly infield, weaved his way past at least three Dutchmen and found his way to Cruyff who was wide right. He took the ball to his opponent, dipped a shoulder twice and slipped it between Cruyff's feet. As he ran round to collect it and run on he raised his right fist into the air.

Only a few of us in the press box knew what this bravado act really meant. Johan Cruyff the best in the world? Are you kidding? Only an idiot would have thought that on this evening.

A tribute from the greatest of them all.

"One of the greatest players was told in America that he was the greatest player in the world, and he said: 'No no, George Best is the greatest player in the world.' That was Pele.

"A tribute like that from Pele, who said George Best was the greatest player in the world. Who is going to argue with Pele?"

http://www.yourfilehost.com/media.php?cat=...El_Beatle__.wmv

172252[/snapback]

George Best - Alcoholic waster.

Must confess that only once in my life did I set foot in Roker Park.

Was on a visit home and only went for the sole purpose of seeing Besty as I had never seen him play in person before.

In later years I would see him quite often when he played for the Los Angeles Aztecs, even met him a couple of times when they played our local team the California Surf.

In one word, as a football player, BRILLIANT!