its all over

Guest Psyrinix

Monty was excellent today, about time we've produced a decent spinner.

172803[/snapback]

We have needed a genuine attacking, wicket taking spinner for years and hopefully he can be the man. Giles played a big part when he was in the team in tandem with the pace bowlers and he made contributions with the bat and in the field, but he wasn't a major attacking threat as a spinner too often.

Still be good to have Giles get fit again and provide competiton plus cover to Monty who will hopefully continue his good work and progress so far.

Guest Psyrinix

172803[/snapback]

Don't forget the King of Spain!!!!

172813[/snapback]

Luque doesn't play cricket

172803[/snapback]

Don't forget the King of Spain!!!!

172813[/snapback]

I meant in a match winning role, Giles has done his job well done the years but wasn't really a match winner or ever had the potential to be. He has done well fielding and keeping the tail together in his time with the England team and has bowled well for England over the years, but Monty has that 'X-Factor' if you will.

Got into an argument with an arsehole down my lercal about Monty on Saturday, won't accept him in the England team because 'he's a paki.' Pathetic, I stopped arguing with him when he then told me Pieterson was English 'cos he's white.' He wasn't on the wind up either, although I put his second comment down to attention seeking.