how regularly do you drink?

walkinthedog

be honest...  

37 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As the blood in my veins is Scottish-Irish-German-Polish-Indian, I've got a damn strong liver and tend to tax it regularly, but rarely get 'pissed.' Just have a few pints on an evening.

Im the lightweight, it was me :)

I have the odd glass of wine in the house (or 3/4 bottle while our lass has 1/4). If Im att he match I have 2-3. Thats about it. Still a fat bastard like..

I usually only drink on weekends. But I drink ridiculous amounts.

Recently I've started drinking every night to deal with stuff. Not a good idea...

173114[/snapback]

Come on woody, get over it, it's the adult way!

It definetly feels like too much this morning but what was I to do faced with the prospect of a free bar? Now I must find a nice quiet corner in work to put my head down for a couple of hours.

I don't drink a huge amount. I can't say I drink once a week because sometimes I might drink a couple of times a week, others I might go 2 or 3 or 4 weeks without touching alcohol.

I don't drink with the intention of getting pissed. Often when I'm out I'll have a Coke or Lemonade between pints.

100% teetotal ever since I discovered that beer, wine, and hard stuff, all tasted like horrible tasting medicine to me. Guess I was 15-16 at the time of discovery.

Nothing against drinking, often wished I did, but never found anything I could swallow without shuddering. :)

Not really all that bothered about drinking tbh. I'll have the odd drink every now and again at home, and will have a few on a match day, but really don't have much interest in getting monged anymore.

Some of my mates make such knobs of themselves when we go out, lining up rounds of shot after shot and calling anyone that doesn't want one a puff (despite the fact that they can barely stand up, both eyes are looking in opposite directions, and they can't walk straight), treating bar staff like shit, nearly getting into bother with people, basically just acting weird even towards the rest of the group, and it's all because they've drank too much and don't know what they're doing anymore. I just can't be arsed with it.

Not really all that bothered about drinking tbh.  I'll have the odd drink every now and again at home, and will have a few on a match day, but really don't have much interest in getting monged anymore.

Some of my mates make such knobs of themselves when we go out, lining up rounds of shot after shot and calling anyone that doesn't want one a puff (despite the fact that they can barely stand up, both eyes are looking in opposite directions, and they can't walk straight), treating bar staff like shit, nearly getting into bother with people, basically just acting weird even towards the rest of the group, and it's all because they've drank too much and don't know what they're doing anymore.  I just can't be arsed with it.

173138[/snapback]

Name and shame Gemmill?

Not really all that bothered about drinking tbh.  I'll have the odd drink every now and again at home, and will have a few on a match day, but really don't have much interest in getting monged anymore.

Some of my mates make such knobs of themselves when we go out, lining up rounds of shot after shot and calling anyone that doesn't want one a puff (despite the fact that they can barely stand up, both eyes are looking in opposite directions, and they can't walk straight), treating bar staff like shit, nearly getting into bother with people, basically just acting weird even towards the rest of the group, and it's all because they've drank too much and don't know what they're doing anymore.  I just can't be arsed with it.

173138[/snapback]

Name and shame Gemmill?

173145[/snapback]

:) Nah, it's none of the pissup crew. My mates from school.

It tends to be fits and starts at the minute. Last drink I had was at my mates stag do just under two weeks ago, haven't had a drop since. Probably won't have anymore until the wedding on the 19th. With there being very little football on there hasn't been much in the way of pub trips either.

173138[/snapback]

You're just jealous because they never line up rows of pink zinfandel spritzers.

It tends to be fits and starts at the minute. Last drink I had was at my mates stag do just under two weeks ago, haven't had a drop since. Probably won't have anymore until the wedding on the 19th. With there being very little football on there hasn't been much in the way of pub trips either.

173156[/snapback]

Nice Avatar.

And me = Never. I'm more of a milk man :)

173138[/snapback]

You're just jealous because they never line up rows of pink zinfandel spritzers.

173160[/snapback]

I used to drink 3-4 bottles of wine a night :) As I said before I think I drank myself to being a diabetic.

I now have periods during the week with no alcohol, but weekends bottle of vodka and beer. Match day 7 before and probably the same after.

Not too bothered by alcohol these days - I've drunk enough over the years to last me a lifetime.

I do like a drink now and again, and am up for getting shitfaced in the right company. :razz:

Took miss hips to the Intertoto game the other week and she had 5 pints to my 3 pints and 1 B&C. The tinker could probably drink me under the table :)

Jesus Bobby, 3-4 bottles a night.  That's full-scale alcoholism, surely!?

173167[/snapback]

That's over 200 units a week!

I tend to binge a bit maybe once or twice a week but I'm slowing down as I know it's not good for me (my hangovers tell me). Also I have fairly long periods of complete abstinence when I feel the need to get healthy. I wish I was the type of person that could just drink one glass of wine but I'm not unfortunately - it's a lot easier not to drink at all.