how regularly do you drink?

walkinthedog

be honest...  

37 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Go hard or go home is my motto.

173187[/snapback]

"Go hard and go early" was the motto of some Aussies I used to drink with. I can't even begin to describe what the hangovers were like. :)

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've said it before but drinking on the continent is a much more civilised affair and you can relax there without getting into the binge mentality you get here and other anglicised countries.

Anyone ever watch booze nation? Practically enough to get you to join the Sally army.

Not really all that bothered about drinking tbh.  I'll have the odd drink every now and again at home, and will have a few on a match day, but really don't have much interest in getting monged anymore.

Some of my mates make such knobs of themselves when we go out, lining up rounds of shot after shot and calling anyone that doesn't want one a puff (despite the fact that they can barely stand up, both eyes are looking in opposite directions, and they can't walk straight), treating bar staff like shit, nearly getting into bother with people, basically just acting weird even towards the rest of the group, and it's all because they've drank too much and don't know what they're doing anymore.  I just can't be arsed with it.

173138[/snapback]

Name and shame Gemmill?

173145[/snapback]

:) Nah, it's none of the pissup crew. My mates from school.

173150[/snapback]

and Craig....

To be fair, i avoid "towny" places. The no seats. pack as many people into a pub with cheap drinks circuit just annoys  me. Or maybe I am just getting old!?!??!

173193[/snapback]

To be honest it was. I hoyed the weight on (excess 23 stone) high blood pressure loads of other related things. Had to make a conciuos (wish the fuck I could spell) effort to change. Now go to the Gym 3-4 times also boxing, walk more do little things like creosote the fence which I never would have. You just get mood swings, fuzzy all the time (not pissed)

anyway now my alcohol is still high for the norm but miles away from being a serious problem.

I hit a point a few years back where the gut started to grow so I started working out and limited the drink to one night a weekend and matchdays.

The gut growth has proved indefatigable though, so I'm back on a bottle of red 3 or 4 nights a week and a couple of full nights out a weekend.

Not really all that bothered about drinking tbh.  I'll have the odd drink every now and again at home, and will have a few on a match day, but really don't have much interest in getting monged anymore.

Some of my mates make such knobs of themselves when we go out, lining up rounds of shot after shot and calling anyone that doesn't want one a puff (despite the fact that they can barely stand up, both eyes are looking in opposite directions, and they can't walk straight), treating bar staff like shit, nearly getting into bother with people, basically just acting weird even towards the rest of the group, and it's all because they've drank too much and don't know what they're doing anymore.  I just can't be arsed with it.

173138[/snapback]

Name and shame Gemmill?

173145[/snapback]

Sammy tbh.

Jesus Bobby, 3-4 bottles a night.  That's full-scale alcoholism, surely!?

173167[/snapback]

If I don't stay disciplined I end up like that, I'm not sure it's as simple as that. Wine goes down very easy and you quickly adapt, so 3 bottles becomes normal. Just the one bottle and a couple of whiskeys for me at the moment, thinking about packing it in altogether again.

I had a bit of rough time about 18 months ago. Basically just a relationship problem, I hit the drink big style as a way of coping or more accurately avoiding the problem (i.e. me). I snapped myself out of it though but it gave me a little insight into how people can start drinking too much. I still like a drink mind, but I normally restrict it to weekends with the odd beer/glass of vino through the week.

Don't tend to drink much at home only the occasional beer here and there or a glass of wine with a meal or somat. Generally go out a couple of times a week but don't usually get too trashed. Only have a proper binge drinking session once every couple of months.

Jesus Bobby, 3-4 bottles a night.  That's full-scale alcoholism, surely!?

173167[/snapback]

If I don't stay disciplined I end up like that, I'm not sure it's as simple as that. Wine goes down very easy and you quickly adapt, so 3 bottles becomes normal. Just the one bottle and a couple of whiskeys for me at the moment, thinking about packing it in altogether again.

173213[/snapback]

It was a case of drinking red wine out of a half pint glass then woor lass (as bad as me) bought those big wine glasses that take a full bottle. It is shocking how easy you slide into the mire. Some nights we think we had done well cos I had drank 2 and her 1

Edited by bobbyshinton

I had a bit of rough time about 18 months ago. Basically just a relationship problem, I hit the drink big style as a way of coping or more accurately avoiding the problem (i.e. me). I snapped myself out of it though but it gave me a little insight into how people can start drinking too much. I still like a drink mind, but I normally restrict it to weekends with the odd beer/glass of vino through the week.

173216[/snapback]

Easy done, I split with a lass when I was younger and went on a 2 week binge where I was in my lercal or down the town every night getting wasted. I finally snapped out of it, but it was an easy trap to fall in to.

Happened when my dad died as well, got absoloutely wankered for the first 3 or 4 games without him as a coping mechnism then realised it was a dangerous routine to get into.

Edited by sweetleftpeg

Theres some serious liver damage going on this thread.

When i was younger going out and getting pissed was the most important thing in the world to me.

Then i realised i was working so that i could afford a hangover. Dont drink at all now. Dont miss it either.

I drink a fair bit. :)

My problem is that I struggle to go for "just one drink". Which means if I drink, I drink quickly and end up quite pissed. I'm not one for shots etc though as I don't like being absolutely minging drunk. I drink double vodka & lemonade because that is all I can drink without getting a hangover, and feel nicely tipsy after about 4 of those.

For that reason though I only drink say Friday & Saturday/Sunday and maybe one night during the week. And if I decide to go to the pub and not drink at all I can easily do that.

EDIT - I rarely drink in the house, unless my boyfriend and I decide to get a bottle of wine or some beers in instead of going out.

Just once a week at present.

Usually if I go to a pub I don't stop until I'm mortal. :)

Mind you, last time I did that I was there with a mad lass from Bracknell who was doing my head in, so pickling me liver was a suitable course of action.

drink most days and most nights

fridays/saturday nights Imake a special effort

I never drink to get hammered anymore, it's not worth the pain and suffering that comes with it.

I've been hospitalised twice through binge drinking and had my stomach pumped and all that shit. It's not big or clever, really small and stupid tbh.

these weekend I can drink like a fish without getting like Gemmil's mates but I tend to go out, have 4 or five pints and then a few cocktails or drink Vodka with Ice until we leave the club at 3 or 4 in the morning and I'll be drinking at 12 on the saturday while we have a "pub lunch"* and watch Football Focus.

school nights mean just the three or four pints and maybe one double Vodka with Ice.

*I say pub lunch, since I hit the health trip it's less burgers and chips and more salad and ciabattas

I go to the pub 4-5 times a week I'd say. Of these 1-2 times I'll get the train and drink quite a lot (usually on a Friday night or the occasional weeknight). However, the other 3-4 times I'll be driving so will just have the one. Not really complaining though, as I've started to actually enjoy a pint, rather than feel the need to get smashed off of drinking beers.

Edited by Southern Geordie

For most of the year..i.e. the football season, I'm pissed everytime theres a match, but not a lot apart from then.

In the summer, most weekends, but I always try to lay off it during the week unless it's just a couple of pints.