When did Eidur Gudjohnsen go to Barca?

sammynb

With all the talk of Crespo going, Bridge and Gallas wanting to, Ballack, Shevchenko & Mikel joining and Cole wanting in - how the fuck did we miss out on Gudjohnsen who has joined Barca for 8.2m to be still second or third choice for his new team?

Was ages ago mate...Before the World Cup i think... I remember we were linked with him possibly....or maybe I just seemed like that over on N-O.

Good player...bit of a silly move..but pretty much a like for like replacement for larson (except the heading skills).....

Was ages ago mate...Before the World Cup i think... I remember we were linked with him possibly....or maybe I just seemed like that over on N-O.

Good player...bit of a silly move..but pretty much a like for like replacement for larson (except the heading skills).....

173107[/snapback]

Yeah, I got that after using the forum search engine.

I'm just amazed that we didn't pull out all stops to sign a player that fits everything Roeder wants in a striker (experience, not fat cat attitude) and now we look like starting the season with one fit donkey and a want away spaniard.

8.2m as well! :)

Aye....I vividly remember Gudjohnsons dad on the radio in spain saying how much Eidur would love to sign for Barcalona....so I guess we never had a chance :S

And seeing how long roeder takes to decide if he likes a player, he's probably only just decided he wants him and has realised he has gone as well :)

Aye....I vividly remember Gudjohnsons dad on the radio in spain saying how much Eidur would love to sign for Barcalona....so I guess we never had a chance :S

And seeing how long roeder takes to decide if he likes a player, he's probably only just decided he wants him and has realised he has gone as well :razz:

173110[/snapback]

Probably part of the hick up we are having signing Bridge and SWP on loan.

Glen: "Look for fuck sake Jose, I'm not taking those two unless we can have Eidur!"

Jose: "Glen you fucking edjit, he doesn't play for us anymore!"

Glen: "But Anal told me you only loaned him to the Addicks, you know Wigan. Oh did you get any bargains duty free on your way back fromt the US? I could only get cheap vodka when we went to Norway!!!" :)

Edited by sammynb

Sammy you retard, the lad was moving on from Chelsea and wanted to move up, not take a giant leap down. Now if you gave me the chance of Newcastle or trying to make a name for myself at Barcelona, it's really a no-brainer. We could have pulled out all the stops we wanted, there's no way Eidur Gudjonsen would have chosen us over Barcelona ffs.

There isn't a player in the world with his head screwed on right that would.

Sammy you retard, the lad was moving on from Chelsea and wanted to move up, not take a giant leap down.  Now if you gave me the chance of Newcastle or trying to make a name for myself at Barcelona, it's really a no-brainer.  We could have pulled out all the stops we wanted, there's no way Eidur Gudjonsen would have chosen us over Barcelona ffs.

There isn't a player in the world with his head screwed on right that would.

173136[/snapback]

I know Gemmill.

Call it disappointment.

Call it stupidity.

Call being as hopefully as you are to having a girl and not ugly mackems fancy you one day.

There is always hope.

But then again we do support Newcastle - what was I thinking.