Getting up early..

Pegasus Bridge

I woke up at 6 with a hay fever-related attack of the killer sinuses, returned to discover the bed had been colonised and have been grumping on the sofa ever since. Want to send some work my way?

I`ve been on this 9-5 lark for 2 years now after a career move. I can`t lay in now, i`m up between 6.30 and 7.30 most mornings. Its the only time of day my house is quite which is good but i hate getting tired around midnight. :)

If I sleep into 7 on a weekend, it's a lie-in. I went through a phase of being up at 4ish 7 days a week which I couldn't seem to get out of. I didn't mind it some of the time, but I'm happier now with my 6 o clock starts for work, and 7ish on a weekend.

I really, REALLY resent having to work for a living though. :) I can't come to terms with the fact that this is my life for the next 30 or so years - I'm sure something must be going to happen to put an end to this misery!?

getting up early is shite, i like my sleep too much

how long do you people sleep for? was talking to the geeks here and they reckon my 8 hours is too much? pff i could happily sleep for 10 hours a night if i could get away with it

Bed at 12.30, up at 6.00 - marvellous! :) However, unlike everyone else here, on the weekends I normally lie in until midday. :razz:

Edited by MrBass

Without going into details, reading threads like this doesn't half make me feel a bit better about the life I have :lol:

Today was a 'downer' though as I had to drag myself out of bed at 7:50 to take mrs hips to work (I need the car to take my old man to hospital at lunchtime).

Gemmill, ever thought about a change of career, before it's too late? I believe AF was looking for session singers for his latest cd !! :)

Oh, and coming back from mrs hips' work this morning I saw countless 'lads' with this manbag thing over their shoulder :razz::lol: Fruitella :lol::lol:

I find it easy to get up in the Summer. Often bop to the gym before my 9am start. Cant do it in the Winter though.

173171[/snapback]

Next time you're in the gym, do a few situps for me will ya? There's a good lad :)

I find it easy to get up in the Summer. Often bop to the gym before my 9am start. Cant do it in the Winter though.

173171[/snapback]

Aye, winter is a bastard to get up in, nice warm bed can be difficult to leave when you know it's sleeting down with snow outside and you're going to have to either stand at the bus stop and freeze or scrape 6" of ice off your car.

173171[/snapback]

Next time you're in the gym, do a few situps for me will ya? There's a good lad :)

173175[/snapback]

Sit ups are for people trying to gain a six pack. Much easier ways of strenghning your core tbh.

173171[/snapback]

173175[/snapback]

Sit ups are for people trying to gain a six pack. Much easier ways of strenghning your core tbh.

173180[/snapback]

Correct! People like me who want to get rid of their 12 pack and reduce a bit :razz:

173171[/snapback]

173175[/snapback]

173180[/snapback]

Correct! People like me who want to get rid of their 12 pack and reduce a bit :razz:

173189[/snapback]

I read sit ups don't give you a six pack. Well it might, but the muscles form under the flab. You need to diet and do a full woykout to remove the pot so the muscle is visible.

I read sit ups don't give you a six pack.  Well it might, but the muscles form under the flab.  You need to diet and do a full woykout to remove the pot so the muscle is visible.

173195[/snapback]

Yep. People just think sit up after sit up will give you a six pack. Incorrect.

I read sit ups don't give you a six pack.  Well it might, but the muscles form under the flab.  You need to diet and do a full woykout to remove the pot so the muscle is visible.

173195[/snapback]

173196[/snapback]

FACT! You need to differentiate between weight loss and muscle growth.

New jobs working day is 7:30 - 3:30 so i'm gonna have to get used to getting up early. Never really had to do it before other then the occasional day, guess you just get used to it though.

If I sleep into 7 on a weekend, it's a lie-in.  I went through a phase of being up at 4ish 7 days a week which I couldn't seem to get out of. 

173140[/snapback]

bed-wetter tbh.

173195[/snapback]

173196[/snapback]

FACT! You need to differentiate between weight loss and muscle growth.

173214[/snapback]

And you need a good workout soundtrack.