Getting up early..

Pegasus Bridge

The bairn wakes me between half five and half six every morning (I try to stay in bed until half six which is the time I need to get up so that I can drop the missus off in the town and then the bairn off at her grans before getting to work for half eight) after waking me up numerous times through the night.

After picking the bairn and wor lass up after work it's anywhere between half six and half seven before we get in.

I'm fucking exhausted and have nearly fell asleep at the wheel on a few occasions in the morning after dropping my little darling off.

I usually like to watch a film in bed after the missus falls asleep on a night but at the moment I'm struggling to stay awake much past half ten which is why it's taking me an age to watch V For Vendetta at the moment :)

On a normal (9-5) working day I get up at 7.15 which I find really easy to do unless it's been a late night (I usually go to bed at 11-11.30ish on a work night).

During term time I work 8-5 or 8-6 to make up the work time I miss for college so I'm up at 6.15 which I find surprisingly easy to cope with - especially as the metros are much quieter at 7.30.

I can still have a good lie in on a weekend like. :)

I work extremely random hours.

Normal work day - rise at 4:30 am and at work by 6. Home time can be anyweher up to 9pm depending on when my last rounds are and the events of the day.

Nights are just bad - start at either 9/10pm and go right through until 7/8am , but NEVER EVER home before 9am.

Good golly, its a great thing that i loveee what i do. :)

How shit is this?

Get up at 7am!, work by 8:30am, and then I don't get back until 5:30 in the PM!

Seriously, there must be a way around this :)

173123[/snapback]

I wish !!!

up at 5am, at work by 6am, lucky if I get a break before 10am, lunch if I'm lucky, clock off at 6pm, home by 6:30pm

Another 2 possibly 3 shifts of that, 2 days off, then its nights, 6pm through 6am, back home at 6:30am, in bed by 7am, then up at 12:30pm.

Early grave, here I come !

Gemmil you work weekends as well? Greedy sad bastard tbh

My current routine consists of going to bed about 01:30 after feeding Max Wacky then I'm up at 08:15, start work for 09:00 - 17:00 mon to thur then a 15:00 finish on a friday.

Gemmil you work weekends as well? Greedy sad bastard tbh

My current routine consists of going to bed about 01:30 after feeding Max Wacky then I'm up at 08:15, start work for 09:00 - 17:00 mon to thur then a 15:00 finish on a friday.

173662[/snapback]

No you numbnuts. I just wake up early on weekends. I barely work during the week.

I have no problem getting up early. It's the going to bed early I have a problem with. Ever since uni I've turned pretty knockturnal.. and sometimes can't sleep until about 4.

Recently as I've started doing a bit more work I've had to get up early which has meant that I can sleep by about 1, which for me is really early.

Also started listening to the Ricky Gervais show on my ipod in bed, sends me off to sleep really quickly actually. Think it's the concentration thing.