Public Transport

bobbyshinton

Me car is off the road at the mo. Went for a bus (never again)

Started by queing

got on the bus the driver had no change!!

Stood next to some smelly whore (woor lass was with me :razz: ) stinking members of the public.

Rattled aroond for 30 mins, got off and still had some walking to do.

Get rid of the buses open the roads to cars, fuck the planet.

:)

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate using public transport. I realise it makes me look a snob, but I don't care. :) I don't mind the occasional metro journey during a weekday (usually coming back from the garage after dropping my car off) when it's not busy, or in and out of town on a match day, but there's no way I could do rush hour on the metro.

Don't even talk to me about buses btw. I'd rather travel by skateboard.

The Metro is ok but buses dee me heid in. I've taken to walking the 15+ mins to/from Gateshead Metro instead of getting the bus of late.

I dont do buses. Feel dirty.

173209[/snapback]

I'm pleased you lot feel that way, like gemmill said I felt like I was being a snob. It's not the people it's how they are treated, no seats available, put more buses on during rush hour.ffs

Public Transport is generally excellent I find.  I can get to work cheaper and quicker and enjoy a book or magazine as I go.

Some of the scum that use public transport spoil it occasionaly.

173205[/snapback]

That's the problem. Haven't tried it over here yet, the tramps over here are well groomed ffs (and seem to speak a t least 2 languages!), so it's probably grand.

Aye, the Metro I can stand but buses have always done my head in. Saying that, they don't seem to be as late as they used to be, more of them on time when I've had to get one...except the one I get into town every match day which is ALWAYS about 15 minutes late (or doesn't even turn up on occasions).

Guest Patrokles

Although I tend to walk places because I'm never really in a hurry, I have no problem with public transport. London, in my opinion, is great for that. For two quid you can ride the bus however many times you want all day; buses are regular, go everywhere, etc. It's in the more rural areas that it's a bit shite. eg, it costs me more to take a bus one-way from Gloucester to Cheltenham (and even then it take 45 minutes for what should be a 15 minute ride), than it did to travel all day in London. But the buses are still ok.

I tend to just walk into town for work or whatever - 45mins from door to the office.  Only take the bus or metro when I'm going in with others who can't be arsed.

173256[/snapback]

Same here, I work in Byker and if I have to go into town then I walk...unless it's pissing down like. :)

Have always hated the bus, at uni i always walked in and out, only took 25 minutes so it wasnt too bad like. No choice here though live 30 miles from the nearest place resembling proper civilisation so need to get the bus.

I fuckin love travelling on buses and trains :):razz::lol::lol:

Don't know why, but I just do! Ever since I was a lad :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Maybe if I had to use them on a regular basis I would reconsider though, as travelling with some of the trailer trash in this country frequently would do me napper in.

The only thing that really gets to me, is that there's always a smelly one. There's no fucking excuse, it's so inconsiderate, can't understand people like that.

The only thing that really gets to me, is that there's always a smelly one.  There's no fucking excuse, it's so inconsiderate, can't understand people like that.

173288[/snapback]

Do you tell them?

It's what they need tbh

public transport here is shite, if they keep increasing the fares so much it'll be cheaper to own and a run a car

173290[/snapback]

:) Funny like, cos driving into work today I drove past a bus stop and there was a lass stood waiting for the bus, who clearly looked like she hadn't been anywhere near water and soap for days and I thought "THAT'S why I can't be doing with the bus."

People who shower the night before are generally to blame for the stench on public transport btw. This girl was an extreme case.

Do you tell them?

It's what they need tbh

173291[/snapback]

It's been years. I would now, although tbh I fear what I would do to them if they got snotty about it (which they inevitably would).

Obsessed!

173308[/snapback]

Cleanliness isn't a bad obsession tbf.

That isn't being held up by gel, is it Swiis Tony? :)