Is it worth risking the nick for

bobbyshinton

I'd love the money, but I've got nothing like the bottle to do that.

If you found a case in the street with £1m in it, would you keep it?  I would without a second thought.  Although with the adrenaline rush it would create walking down the street with it, I'd probably run head-first into a wall or something.

173328[/snapback]

What would you do with a million in cash though? It's a bit suss to go and pay it in to HSBC and I can't imagine you'd be able to buy a house in notes.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

SCOPE these days. Spacka isn't pc apparently :)

173443[/snapback]

I know that, you spacka! :razz:

173449[/snapback]

I knew you knew, you cripple!

173450[/snapback]

I thought you may have known I knew you knew... ...you partridge.

Was saying the other day, if I won the lottery I'd still go to uni.. Just for the banter and nightlife.. Shows how much work students actually do eh!

(obviously I'd stop going to uni when I realised I'm the oldest one, before any of you smart arses comment on it)

173440[/snapback]

Id still hang around with my mates from uni, but would i fuck study :razz:

173447[/snapback]

People were talking about whether they'd give up WORK, lads, not whether they'd stay on permanent fucking holiday. :)

173452[/snapback]

Yeh good call.

With in a week of having more than £100k in the bank i would have bought £50k worth of guitars and amps and drank myself to death.

Maybe less than a week.

173443[/snapback]

173449[/snapback]

173450[/snapback]

173456[/snapback]

That's ok then.

173443[/snapback]

173449[/snapback]

173450[/snapback]

173456[/snapback]

That's ok then.

173461[/snapback]

:lol:

If you found a case in the street with £1m in it, would you keep it?  I would without a second thought.  Although with the adrenaline rush it would create walking down the street with it, I'd probably run head-first into a wall or something.

173328[/snapback]

What would you do with a million in cash though? It's a bit suss to go and pay it in to HSBC and I can't imagine you'd be able to buy a house in notes.

173455[/snapback]

You could pay for holidays in cash without raising too many eyebrows. Convert cash into foreign currency for travelling. Spend it in the pub. I reckon you could feasibly buy a car with cash. I could get my loft conversion done and pay for that in cash (exciting!) :):razz:

173328[/snapback]

173455[/snapback]

You could pay for holidays in cash without raising too many eyebrows. Convert cash into foreign currency for travelling. Spend it in the pub. I reckon you could feasibly buy a car with cash. I could get my loft conversion done and pay for that in cash (exciting!) :):lol:

173469[/snapback]

Living the high life! :razz:

173328[/snapback]

173455[/snapback]

You could pay for holidays in cash without raising too many eyebrows. Convert cash into foreign currency for travelling. Spend it in the pub. I reckon you could feasibly buy a car with cash. I could get my loft conversion done and pay for that in cash (exciting!) :):lol:

173469[/snapback]

buy your foreign villa for cash, that gets rid of some questionable cabbage :razz:

173328[/snapback]

173455[/snapback]

173469[/snapback]

buy your foreign villa for cash, that gets rid of some questionable cabbage :razz:

173473[/snapback]

I'd go and see bobby for further tips. :lol:

You could pay for holidays in cash without raising too many eyebrows.  Convert cash into foreign currency for travelling.  Spend it in the pub.  I reckon you could feasibly buy a car with cash.  I could get my loft conversion done and pay for that in cash (exciting!) :):razz:

173469[/snapback]

People think it's strange when you want to do things with cash, I remember when having a credit card was a status symbol and now you can't do anything without one. People are such fucking sheep. Shame.

£15m... for ten to fifteen years?

well I've heard that if it's a premeditated they can do you for conspiracy and hiolds a far greater prison term as punishment

I suppose for it depends who I was stealing from, if there was force involved etc. If I was electronically stealing for a multinational corporation and no force was used whatsoever then I'd be more inclined to do it. However, robbing £25m at gunpoint from a succession of bookies in an area would not be appealing.

It's not the stealing that's a problem, it's the "getting away with it" It's leaving no trace of your crime. Now if you're saying that there is a 60-40 chance of me going down for the theft then no, I wouldn't do it. Because a 60-40 chance means that it hasn't been planned right.

I reckon you could feasibly buy a car with cash. 

173469[/snapback]

there's a car dealeship opposite the bowling alley in Benton which buys cars for cash.

I also think you have to earn money to appreciate it.

173465[/snapback]

I agree in the main but - I've won money and appreciated it more in a way. Your earnings go straight into the bank and you don't really see them whereas on the odd occasion I've fleeced the bookies I've probably felt better about that money than I would otherwise. I appreciate gifts too which are sometimes money/vouchers and in those circumstances I tend to buy something I wouldn't normally buy, as a treat. Also, do you reckon people who have their lives improved by charitable donations are unappreciative?

60-40 that you don't go down.  That's about as good as it gets in real life, I would think.  This isn't "Heat", Dave. :)

173481[/snapback]

could you drop everything? if you felt the Heat coming round the corner? :razz:

I think the odds for proper big thefts are not 60-40 getting away with it.

I'd wager there are big thefts going on right now, hidden in the electronic mess of the internet. There'll be scams and grifts going on that we have no knowledge of, where the chance of getting away with it is a lot better than 60%

or maybe I just wish there was :lol:

well I've heard that if it's a premeditated they can do you for conspiracy and hiolds a far greater prison term as punishment

I suppose for it depends who I was stealing from, if there was force involved etc. If I was electronically stealing for a multinational corporation and no force was used whatsoever then I'd be more inclined to do it. However, robbing £25m at gunpoint from a succession of bookies in an area would not be appealing.

It's not the stealing that's a problem, it's the "getting away with it" It's leaving no trace of your crime. Now if you're saying that there is a 60-40 chance of me going down for the theft then no, I wouldn't do it. Because a 60-40 chance means that it hasn't been planned right.

173479[/snapback]

It started at £5,000000 then upped to 15 by the end of the post it was 25. You're not a taxman are you :)

173465[/snapback]

I agree in the main but - I've won money and appreciated it more in a way. Your earnings go straight into the bank and you don't really see them whereas on the odd occasion I've fleeced the bookies I've probably felt better about that money than I would otherwise. I appreciate gifts too which are sometimes money/vouchers and in those circumstances I tend to buy something I wouldn't normally buy, as a treat. Also, do you reckon people who have their lives improved by charitable donations are unappreciative?

173489[/snapback]

If you're generally working for your money, you'll appreciate anyh money that comes in, but if you've got a lot and don't have to work for it, it all ceases to have any real value. I also think people quickly forget how hard they once worked for it once they've got it; they stop appreciating what other people are going through etc.

I reckon you could feasibly buy a car with cash. 

173469[/snapback]

there's a car dealeship opposite the bowling alley in Benton which buys cars for cash.

173483[/snapback]

Incidentally, who goes to those places? I've driven past and wondered that a few times. That place at Benton has a pool hall, bowling alley and a Wimpy. Jesus wept :)

173479[/snapback]

It started at £5,000000 then upped to 15 by the end of the post it was 25. You're not a taxman are you :)

173492[/snapback]

I just see the bigger picture.

(Dad used to work for HMRC and I did some time there too)

173479[/snapback]

Arc at Danny Ocean here! :)

173465[/snapback]

173489[/snapback]

If you're generally working for your money, you'll appreciate anyh money that comes in, but if you've got a lot and don't have to work for it, it all ceases to have any real value. I also think people quickly forget how hard they once worked for it once they've got it; they stop appreciating what other people are going through etc.

173494[/snapback]

That's what I meant and no I wasn't on a wind-up Gemmill you dick wad!

Why is Shearer happier in all likelihood than Dyer? One reason would be I'm sure because he has earned his money and had some impact on the world. I concede I may be talking bollocks like.