Call centres

Southern Geordie

OK, bit of a rant coming along..

I've got the Nokia 6280 phone, got back from work Saturday and it had stopped charging, it wouldn't charge at all which was a bit strange so I rung up "Three" and they came and collected it Monday morning, so fair play to them.

Received it back today.. looked as good as new, new cover, the works.. Stuck it in the charger and it STILL didn't charge.. Was a joke! Anyways rung back up and they are coming to collect it this afternoon, apparantly. They said they'd bring it back Friday which was cool but I remembered I have to work Friday so rung them back and spoke to somebody who barely spoke two words of English. All I wanted to find out was what the procedure is if I'm not in when they deliver it back.. But it took me half an hour and three call backs to talk to somebody who understood English!

They still aren't here.. Anyways my rant is why would they send the phone back if it still doesn't charge, don't they test it? Also, shouldn't they train the advisors to speak English before they take up a job where they have to talk to English people.. I know the call centre is probably located in Zimbabwe or something, but still.. no excuse!

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The indian call centres are the worst.

Lloyds TSB have them

Hellaw Meeteer Keet

(Hello, Mr Keith)

For secreetee reasarns, weeee need to taake yoooure dat of brith

(For security reasons, we need to take your date of birth)

Edited by T-Keith

The indian call centres are the worst.

Lloyds TSB have them

Hellaw Meeteer Keet

(Hello, Mr Keith)

For secreetee reasarns, weeee need to taake yoooure dat of brith

(For security reasons, we need to take your date of birth)

173474[/snapback]

Yeah that's pretty much what I got this afternoon, complete joke!

Takes the fuckers ages man.

I spent one hour on the phone to Lloyds to take out an overdraft and at the end the daft cunt give me £100 instead of £800 cause he couldnt understand.

I was fuming, had to do it all again.

Apparently they give them the English papers to read every morning, and a football team to support, so they can make small talk. They regularly give them less "ethnic" sounding names for online support. Anyone concerned that lying is so natural to these companies?

Apparently they give them the English papers to read every morning, and a football team to support, so they can make small talk.  They regularly give them less "ethnic" sounding names for online support.  Anyone concerned that lying is so natural to these companies?

173484[/snapback]

:) Yep, somebody rung up the house phone the other day called "David Smith" or something stupid like that.. I'm pretty sure that wasn't his real name.

Takes the fuckers ages man.

I spent one hour on the phone to Lloyds to take out an overdraft and at the end the daft cunt give me £100 instead of £800 cause he couldnt understand.

I was fuming, had to do it all again.

173480[/snapback]

Yeah it's like this morning.. I rung back and all I wanted to know was a simple procedure and the first guy was a complete idiot.. So I had to hang up, go through all the process again just to ask the same damn question!

Well lookie here, looks like we got ourselves a coupla junior Klansmen in this thread!

:)

173495[/snapback]

shall I get Leazes round? we could have the trifector...

Perhaps the handsets not the problem. Did they replace the charger too? Did you make sure the plug socket was switched on?

173511[/snapback]

I dunno, you'd think they'd have tested it!! They said there was a fault with the phone.. and I said did they not test the charger and they started rambling on, didn't really understand.

So they're getting me a new handset and a new charger.. but knowing my luck they won't give me a new charger, which is probably the problem.

n00bs tbh.

Well lookie here, looks like we got ourselves a coupla junior Klansmen in this thread!

173495[/snapback]

I must say, it can't do race relations any good that they put these guys at the front line. They, through no fault of their own, can not efficiently deal with the customers efficiently, leading to the Average Joe getting irritated with the "bloody Paki", instead of who he should be pissed at.

They're probably doing it on purpose, it's a conspiracy I tells ya, conspiracy![/bluf]

173495[/snapback]

I must say, it can't do race relations any good that they put these guys at the front line. They, through no fault of their own, can not efficiently deal with the customers efficiently, leading to the Average Joe getting irritated with the "bloody Paki", instead of who he should be pissed at.

They're probably doing it on purpose, it's a conspiracy I tells ya, conspiracy![/bluf]

173530[/snapback]

It's not really racist to be pissed off when you're ringing someone with a problem and they don't have a decent grasp of the English language is it? You're right about it hardly helping race relations though.

It's not really racist to be pissed off when you're ringing someone with a problem and they don't have a decent grasp of the English language is it? You're right about it hardly helping race relations though.

173534[/snapback]

Well, being pissed off, no; but putting it down to them being a "thick Paki" and then carrying around that prejudice would be, in my view. I think the whole concept of racism is fucked anyway, no one wants to discuss it, people won't even use the words as if they themselves are poisoned, and then all scales of it are put under the umbrella of 'racism', leaving people to even open their mouth about it in case they get branded racist :) themselves.

Toucan Telecom keep ringing me from India and it does wind me up when I tell him that I don't want to talk to him, and he insists that I do in an Indian accent. :)

173538[/snapback]

He insists that you talk to him in an Indian accent? :razz:

Does he give you pointers? Give him my number, he sounds like a laugh.

Toucan Telecom keep ringing me from India and it does wind me up when I tell him that I don't want to talk to him, and he insists that I do in an Indian accent. :)

173538[/snapback]

He insists that you talk to him in an Indian accent? :razz:

Does he give you pointers? Give him my number, he sounds like a laugh.

173543[/snapback]

:lol: "Oh golly golly gumdrops. I am not wanting the toucan telecom, I am not needing the toucan telecom, and I will not be changing to the toucan telecom."