Call centres

Southern Geordie

It's not really racist to be pissed off when you're ringing someone with a problem and they don't have a decent grasp of the English language is it? You're right about it hardly helping race relations though.

173534[/snapback]

Well, being pissed off, no; but putting it down to them being a "thick Paki" and then carrying around that prejudice would be, in my view. I think the whole concept of racism is fucked anyway, no one wants to discuss it, people won't even use the words as if they themselves are poisoned, and then all scales of it are put under the umbrella of 'racism', leaving people to even open their mouth about it in case they get branded racist :) themselves.

173542[/snapback]

Aye, sorry I didn't mean that people like that weren't racist, shouldn't really have quoted you tbh. The irony of that sort of attitude i.e. 'the thick Paki' thing is pretty funny since the same people probably can't even order a beer in Spanish when they go on their hols. I also agree that the subject is virtually undebateable seen as how any vaguely controversial view can have you branded a racist. I also find it a bit weird as it's unique in terms of prejudice - i.e. sexism, homophobia and even xenophobia being much more socially acceptable apparently.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Toucan Telecom keep ringing me from India and it does wind me up when I tell him that I don't want to talk to him, and he insists that I do in an Indian accent. :)

173538[/snapback]

He insists that you talk to him in an Indian accent? :razz:

Does he give you pointers? Give him my number, he sounds like a laugh.

173543[/snapback]

:lol: "Oh golly golly gumdrops. I am not wanting the toucan telecom, I am not needing the toucan telecom, and I will not be changing to the toucan telecom."

173544[/snapback]

:lol: As a rule I don't like being rude but I find myself becoming more and more sarcastic when the same company keeps calling. "You're number has been specially selected" - "What?Again, in the same week? Guess what, I still don't want the free phone."

Rang HSBC the other day because I had a feeling my account would be over it's limit. Instead of getting my automated balance, it shoved me straight to an Indian bloke, who gave me a lecture about my balance. Needless to say I wasn't very impressed. I doubt I'd have been impressed if he was English either mind, but I'd rather someone who knew basic english gave me a lecture instead of Mr. 'you must guard your monies sir' from Malaysia.

Right. They really are a bunch of idiots (three, not the phone people) :)

But the bloke still hasn't come and so apparantly they are going to come tomorrow.. Do you think there is any way I can talk to three without having to talk to somebody that can't talk English? Grr :razz:

But the bloke still hasn't come and so apparantly they are going to come tomorrow.. Do you think there is any way I can talk to three without having to talk to somebody that can't talk English? Grr  :lol:

173660[/snapback]

when you call, say "I'd like to be put through to a call centre based in England"

if he refuses tell him that because of his non-compliance you will burn his village just like your great grand father did..

:razz:

Telling them that you're very upset with this whole episode and would like to cancel your contract may get you put through to a manager. I would then proceed to cancel the contract, but that's just me.

Telling them that you're very upset with this whole episode and would like to cancel your contract may get you put through to a manager.  I would then proceed to cancel the contract, but that's just me.

173737[/snapback]

burn the village man.... it's quicker.

Unfortunately, I'm tied down for at least another 7 or 8 months I think, if that makes any difference.

Maybe threaten to cancel the contract and they may offer me an upgrade.. Heard it happen before!

edit- and if then they say no.. burn their village down

Edited by Southern Geordie

Unfortunately, I'm tied down for at least another 7 or 8 months I think, if that makes any difference.

Maybe threaten to cancel the contract and they may offer me an upgrade.. Heard it happen before!

edit- and if then they say no.. burn their village down

173741[/snapback]

You're probably not tied down once they've started fucking you about, check your contract. No, the Fish is right, burn their village. Bagsy first pick of their women.

But the bloke still hasn't come and so apparantly they are going to come tomorrow.. Do you think there is any way I can talk to three without having to talk to somebody that can't talk English? Grr  :lol:

173660[/snapback]

when you call, say "I'd like to be put through to a call centre based in England"

if he refuses tell him that because of his non-compliance you will burn his village just like your great grand father did..

173712[/snapback]

Are you prince philip?

173660[/snapback]

173712[/snapback]

Are you prince philip?

173744[/snapback]

no, I'm rubber and your glue, what ever you say bounces off me and onto you.

:lol:

it might be worth cancelling the contract, just pay off the remaining months flat fee and you can terminate the contract there and then.

best bet is to go into the store, and at least when you threaten the pillaging they can see by the torch and pitchfork, that you're not fucking about.

I'm bored these days so I could probably rustle up a mob for you...

Edited by The Fish

I'm bored these days so I could probably rustle up a mob for you...

173746[/snapback]

That would be appreciated, especially as they still aren't here! I've even got the text to tell me they'll be coming around 9 o'clock.

Spose if they give me a brand new handset I can't complain (which is what they promised).. Just if it still works I'll demand an upgrade, from somebody who understands me at least.

If you can't understand a word they're saying, and they can't understand a word you're saying, then that's piss poor customer service. Nowt racist about it, I had problems with a Geordie lass once on the phone who just talked far too quickly.

OK, it's 45 minutes until their deadline of turning up.. I've been waiting all day since 9am and they still haven't come.. Doesn't look like they're going to turn up either.

So seriously, any advice on what to do as it looks like they're not going to turn up.. Shall I threaten to cancel my contract or ask for some compensation or something ? (which tbh is more than fair considering I'm paying for a decent phone, yet am not being able to use it due to their incompetence)

Or shall I ask to be put through to the manager straight away :lol: .. cos I'm not in tomorrow so it'll be Monday before they could collect it.. and that will have been a week of having a broken phone..

I'm starting to seriously dislike three.. and can see where they get their bad reputation from!

I've had good and bad experiences with all sorts of call centres - a lady in India sorted out a really complex Telecomm problem when I was travelling in the centre of France after a twerp in Scotland screwed me around for hours

its down to the company, the people they employ and the training they get

I've had good and bad experiences with all sorts of call centres - a lady in India sorted out a really complex  Telecomm problem when I was travelling in the centre of France after a twerp in Scotland screwed me around for hours

174718[/snapback]

Yeah that is true. Don't think 3 have any training though. I mean I had to tell them that I can't use a standard nokia charger for my phone, as it's got a different socket.. You'd think they'd know seeing as they are "technical support"

Edited by Southern Geordie

I've had good and bad experiences with all sorts of call centres - a lady in India sorted out a really complex  Telecomm problem when I was travelling in the centre of France after a twerp in Scotland screwed me around for hours

174718[/snapback]

Being able to understand the English language would be a help in any call centre.

What a bunch of idiotic clowns.

I called again and the woman told me a completely different story to what the bloke told me a couple of days ago;

He said that my phone would get collected today and a replacement one would get sent back Saturday.. The woman today said that the replacement one comes at the same time as they collect the old one.

I'm stupidly confused by these muppets, I've had it up to here with them !

So she's booked my phone in (apparantly) for collection tomorrow where I will receive my new one! :S

Edit - oh no, she's just rung me back and I was right, it is three working days between collection and the new phone being returned.

What did she offer me, 5 freakin pounds on my account! Don't quite know how that works seeing as I'm not pay as you go :lol:;)

So if they don't come first thing tomorrow (which I doubt they will) I've got work at 10.30.. so they'll have to come Saturday, which means it'll be Tuesady before I get my new phone.. Over a week of it being busted

IDIOTS!!

go into a 3 store, explain the problem, tell them you're furious with the customer service you've received and that you want to cancel your contract with them effective immediately.

They'll probably apologise, offer you an upgrade or if you're lucky maybe a month or two without the line rental as an apology. If they offer the latter accept it, but put away the money you would have spent on the line rental and at the end of those two months go back in, pay off the line rental for your remaining months. Keep whatever phone you have at the time, go to an Orange store, tell them you're thinking about changing contract from 3 to Orange, ask them what deal they can give you. They'll ask you what kind of package you were on with three, be honest. They'll try and beat that by offering you a better package (if they have one), a better phone when you sign up or money off your next bill when you trade your old phone in.

that's what happened with me.

I went from £35 a month with 200 texts and 750 minutes, to a thousand texts and a thousand minutes cross peak, cross network for £30. I switched from one of the first 3G models to a good phone, got £50 creditted to my account so my first bill was paid for and some of my next bill.

go into a 3 store, explain the problem, tell them you're furious with the customer service you've received and that you want to cancel your contract with them effective immediately.

They'll probably apologise, offer you an upgrade or if you're lucky maybe a month or two without the line rental as an apology. If they offer the latter accept it, but put away the money you would have spent on the line rental and at the end of those two months go back in, pay off the line rental for your remaining months. Keep whatever phone you have at the time, go to an Orange store, tell them you're thinking about changing contract from 3 to Orange, ask them what deal they can give you. They'll ask you what kind of package you were on with three, be honest. They'll try and beat that by offering you a better package (if they have one), a better phone when you sign up or money off your next bill when you trade your old phone in.

that's what happened with me.

I went from £35 a month with 200 texts and 750 minutes, to a thousand texts and a thousand minutes cross peak, cross network for £30. I switched from one of the first 3G models to a good phone, got £50 creditted to my account so my first bill was paid for and some of my next bill.

174869[/snapback]

Ah, good stuff.. Cheers matey.. Well my folks come back from holiday Monday so I'm gonna get my dad to have a moan for me. He's a lot better at these type of things than me.. I'm too much of a pushover.. I know moaning usually gets you places, but I'm shite at it.

it's honestly a British trait that we like to moan to eachother but don't like to "make a scene" which is crazy really. I'm as guilty as everyone else, but we've paid for a service, a meal, a car, an hour :lol: and yet if something isn't up to scratch (or in the latter case if something begins to scratch) we won't do anything about it because we're so stigmatised into think ing poorly of those people who do complain.

Edited by The Fish