100 years of solitude

spongebob toonpants

I read this for the first time while on holiday last week, and I think it is quite probably the best thing I have ever read. The depth of imagination is quite astonishing. I found myself constantly amazed by the imagery, the humour and the power of the writing.

My teenage daughter (and before you start, dont) is now reading it and keeps ringing me to tell me bits she just has to share. I am very tempted to reread it immediatly, and I cant remember the last time I did that.

Guest Patrokles

Pre-required reading for the pretentious student.

nb. that's not to say it's not a bad book! Just that a lot of people (mainly anthropology students) who read it do it just to say they have/to have it on their bookshelves.

I gave up readiing depressing novels by third world novelists 8 years ago - I was starting to feel suicidal TBH

Not many laughs in most of them

Teenage daughter? Is she german?  :lol:

173635[/snapback]

No but she has musical taste so you are dead in the water ice hockey boy

173652[/snapback]

;)

I get this feeling you're a little bit overprotective. I saw a programme about teenage girls from Brighton the other week, it was called Sugar Rush or something...

Teenage daughter? Is she german?  :lol:

173635[/snapback]

No but she has musical taste so you are dead in the water ice hockey boy

173652[/snapback]

;)

I get this feeling you're a little bit overprotective. I saw a programme about teenage girls from Brighton the other week, it was called Sugar Rush or something...

174262[/snapback]

They're all either bi or gay in Brighton, so there's a 50/50 chance he has nothing to worry about. ;)

I think you're overstepping the mark. Take the piss out of Spongebob but leave his daughter alone tbh.

174291[/snapback]

And who are you? Jiminy Cricket? ;)

:lol: