Four sacked following office romp

Jimbo

Four civil servants have been sacked and a further five disciplined after an investigation into claims that staff romped naked in their Tyneside office.

The antics are alleged to have taken place at the Newcastle office of the Rural Payments Agency in June.

Staff have also been accused of jumping naked from cabinets, holding dance competitions and having sex in toilets.

Managers said the allegations were "overblown" but that "inappropriate behaviour" had taken place.

The agency was set up to make payments to farmers from Euro subsidies - many thousands of whom have been left penniless because of a massive backlog.

The lurid claims, made by a whistleblower, also included allegations staff at the office vomited in cups and left them to fester in cupboards.

The claims, in June this year, led to an in-depth investigation resulting in four members of staff being dismissed and five disciplined with a combination of verbal and written warnings.

The agency has also tightened up management procedures and issued briefings to all staff reminding them of the code of conduct relating to appropriate behaviour at work.

Agency chief executive Tony Cooper said many of the claims were "overblown".

He said: "I am satisfied that the correct actions have been taken to deal with the misbehaviour of the small number of individuals involved.

"While the investigation made clear many of the initial reports were overblown, there have been incidents of misbehaviour that are simply unacceptable in this organisation.

"We have taken this matter very seriously and the action taken as a result of the investigation draws a firm line under all this."

The lurid claims, made by a whistleblower, also included allegations staff at the office vomited in cups and left them to fester in cupboards.

173756[/snapback]

Am I the only one picturing him wearing white gloves, throwing shapes in the corner of the office while all this lurid activity was going on?

Is today Groundhog day ???? :razz:

173764[/snapback]

He's done this before? :)

173765[/snapback]

ermmm....nope..... :lol:

173766[/snapback]

So what did you and the others get up to then Radg??

Oh, and any photos???? :lol::lol:

Is today Groundhog day ???? :razz:

173764[/snapback]

He's done this before? :)

173765[/snapback]

ermmm....nope..... :lol:

173766[/snapback]

So what did you and the others get up to then Radg??

Oh, and any photos???? :lol::lol:

173809[/snapback]

t'wasn me guv..onest... :lol: but i did hear a few tales... :lol:

t'wasn me guv..onest... :lol:  but i did hear a few tales... :)

173852[/snapback]

Ahh but were you at Class 2's Christmas party a few years back?

now that was summit to report on :razz:

173858[/snapback]

It was the "technical teams" christmas do Pud as you well know... :lol: and yes ...there was.... :lol:

It was the "technical teams" christmas do Pud as you well know... :razz:  and yes ...there was.... :lol:

173869[/snapback]

Oh not that one, ours was tame by comparison to Class 2 getting the entire Civil Service banned from ever having a party at the Labour Club! :)

It was the "technical teams" christmas do Pud as you well know... :razz:   and yes ...there was.... :lol:

173869[/snapback]

Oh not that one, ours was tame by comparison to Class 2 getting the entire Civil Service banned from ever having a party at the Labour Club! :)

173870[/snapback]

never went to that one but did have something to do with the Civil Service getting banned from the Rainbow rooms due to a "pepper" spray which wasn't actually pepper and wasn't a spray....more a sniff... :lol::lol:

My brother works there, it was all the temps on the Twilight shift (the 6pm till 9pm filing shift) who were causing all the bother, NOT the actual full time civil servants. One of the temps got sacked so sent an e-mail to the Chronicle saying loads of shite was going there when it actually wasn't. The 'running around naked' bit was done by the civil servants, a group of them hired those naked suits and did a pretend strip for someone's retirement do. Still, the Chronicles version is far more juicy and entertaining. My brother is SEETHING. :lol:

My brother works there, it was all the temps on the Twilight shift (the 6pm till 9pm filing shift) who were causing all the bother, NOT the actual full time civil servants. One of the temps got sacked so sent an e-mail to the Chronicle saying loads of shite was going there when it actually wasn't. The 'running around naked' bit was done by the civil servants, a group of them hired those naked suits and did a pretend strip for someone's retirement do. Still, the Chronicles version is far more juicy and entertaining. My brother is SEETHING.  :lol:

174258[/snapback]

That sounds of about right re: The Chronicle I'd say.

My brother works there, it was all the temps on the Twilight shift (the 6pm till 9pm filing shift) who were causing all the bother, NOT the actual full time civil servants. One of the temps got sacked so sent an e-mail to the Chronicle saying loads of shite was going there when it actually wasn't. The 'running around naked' bit was done by the civil servants, a group of them hired those naked suits and did a pretend strip for someone's retirement do. Still, the Chronicles version is far more juicy and entertaining. My brother is SEETHING.  :lol:

174258[/snapback]

That sounds of about right re: The Chronicle I'd say.

174260[/snapback]

Wasn't my temps. By the way which agency do they use? ;)