Flying to the US?

peasepud

2nd or 3rd generation muslims will be born into a muslim family, go to a muslin school, have muslim rolemodels, have muslim friends, live in a muslim area, marry a muslim, etc etc etc

why should they support england?

174512[/snapback]

because Islam is a religion and England is a country and therefore it's possible to support/feel allegiance to both, either or neither?

Edited by The Fish

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

BBC report that homes are being evacuated in High Wycombe. That's about 10 miles away from here and the sky is full of police helicopters at the moment... :lol:

I presume they've found something dodgy in one of the houses they raided that might go BOOM quite loudly.

174522[/snapback]

Basil Brush for example.

I presume they've found something dodgy in one of the houses they raided that might go BOOM quite loudly.

174522[/snapback]

What a dump!

it would never be missed

2nd or 3rd generation muslims will be born into a muslim family, go to a muslin school, have muslim rolemodels, have muslim friends, live in a muslim area, marry a muslim, etc etc etc

why should they support england?

174512[/snapback]

because Islam is a religion and England is a country and therefore it's possible to support/feel allegiance to both, either or neither?

174519[/snapback]

Are you English because of how you were brought up or because of the ground you were born on?

174522[/snapback]

Basil Brush for example.

174524[/snapback]

:lol:

Sorry, that really tickled me.

174522[/snapback]

What a dump!

it would never be missed

174525[/snapback]

Even so, I'd rather they didn't blow the fuck out of the place while I'm nearby! :lol:

Are you English because of how you were brought up or because of the ground you were born on?

174528[/snapback]

not me mate Geordie-nation, one of Freddy's soldiers :lol:

I'm english because that's the nationality on my passport.

I'm saying it's possible to be English and Muslim, which your post suggested was not possible.

what about 4th generation Roman Catholics, shouldn't they support Italy?

The ol' Tebbit Test

174479[/snapback]

Textbook Rob - dismissive whilst missing the point.

I'm aware Tebbit said that if you move to a country you should support them Rob. That's not what I'm saying though. If I moved to Australia I wouldn't suddenly stop supporting England. I'm saying it's sad that a lot of young Muslims don't feel British or English.

174488[/snapback]

Probably because they read threads like this and don't feel all that welcome tbh.

174494[/snapback]

Do you think I've said anything that is particularly out of order or offensive to Muslims like?

174498[/snapback]

No. Not you specifically.

But I'm sure British muslims love being stereotyped as insular callcentre staff who mistreat their women and celebrate the deaths of other British civilians. As long as our society continues to be this welcoming why wouldn't they want to integrate more fully with us?

174506[/snapback]

Toucan Telecom call centre staff ARE Indian/Pakistani though. That's not a stereotype, it's a FACTISTANI.

The ol' Tebbit Test

174479[/snapback]

I'm aware Tebbit said that if you move to a country you should support them Rob. That's not what I'm saying though. If I moved to Australia I wouldn't suddenly stop supporting England. I'm saying it's sad that a lot of young Muslims don't feel British or English.

174488[/snapback]

Probably because they read threads like this and don't feel all that welcome tbh.

174494[/snapback]

Do you think I've said anything that is particularly out of order or offensive to Muslims like?

174498[/snapback]

But I'm sure British muslims love being stereotyped as insular callcentre staff who mistreat their women and celebrate the deaths of other British civilians. As long as our society continues to be this welcoming why wouldn't they want to integrate more fully with us?

174506[/snapback]

Toucan Telecom call centre staff ARE Indian/Pakistani though. That's not a stereotype, it's a FACTISTANI.

174555[/snapback]

Not British then.

The ol' Tebbit Test

174479[/snapback]

174488[/snapback]

174494[/snapback]

174498[/snapback]

174506[/snapback]

174555[/snapback]

Not British then.

174563[/snapback]

Wouldn't have thought so what with the work being outsourced to India/Pakistan. Are you suggesting they're THAT desperate to work in a call centre that they'd move there like? Stereotyping tbh.

The ol' Tebbit Test

174479[/snapback]

174488[/snapback]

174494[/snapback]

174498[/snapback]

174506[/snapback]

174555[/snapback]

Not British then.

174563[/snapback]

Wouldn't have thought so what with the work being outsourced to India/Pakistan. Are you suggesting they're THAT desperate to work in a call centre that they'd move there like? Stereotyping tbh.

174567[/snapback]

No.

See a couple of pages back. That's what you did tbh.

No.

See a couple of pages back.  That's what you did tbh.

174575[/snapback]

Most major UK call centres are run out of India, what exactly are you trying to say?

The ol' Tebbit Test

174479[/snapback]

174488[/snapback]

174494[/snapback]

174498[/snapback]

174506[/snapback]

174555[/snapback]

Not British then.

174563[/snapback]

174567[/snapback]

No.

174575[/snapback]

I didn't. I made a joke based on a conversation that was carried on from yesterday. And as I've said, it's a FACT that Toucan Telecom workers are from India or Pakistan (I'll confess I don't know which) as that's where the call centre is based. I should know, the twats ring me all the time.

The ol' Tebbit Test

174479[/snapback]

174488[/snapback]

174494[/snapback]

174498[/snapback]

174506[/snapback]

174555[/snapback]

Not British then.

174563[/snapback]

174567[/snapback]

No.

174575[/snapback]

Why not quote the bit you're taking issue with.

I didn't.  I made a joke based on a conversation that was carried on from yesterday.  And as I've said, it's a FACT that Toucan Telecom workers are from India or Pakistan (I'll confess I don't know which) as that's where the call centre is based.  I should know, the twats ring me all the time.

174583[/snapback]

As far as I'm aware it's all India, which you wouldn't really associate with muslimism anyway, so I'm at a bit of a loss as to what the argument's even about.

Still happy to stick my nose in, though.

Edited by DotBum

Kids rebel, be interesting to see what they're like in 10/20 years.

EDIT: Working at HSBC, FACT!

174438[/snapback]

Toucan Telecom tbh, the little bastards.

"Mr. Robinson sir. A thousand apologies for ringing you every day sir. But are you absolutely certain I cannot take up one more minute of your time to explain to you the fantastic offer we have at Toucan Telecom"

174446[/snapback]

Someone says they'd like to see what these british muslim kids are up to in 20 years and you say they'll be working in Toucan Telecom.

Unless you were randomly placing a reference to another thread in this one and I've foolishly confused it with the topic under discussion.

I didn't.  I made a joke based on a conversation that was carried on from yesterday.  And as I've said, it's a FACT that Toucan Telecom workers are from India or Pakistan (I'll confess I don't know which) as that's where the call centre is based.  I should know, the twats ring me all the time.

174583[/snapback]

As far as I'm aware it's all India, which you wouldn't really associate with muslimism anyway, so I'm at a bit of a loss as to what the argument's even about.

174595[/snapback]

I doubt HF would be so ready to condemn me if I set Toucan Telecom on him. He'd be on here tomorrow doing silly impressions of their phone patter, I guarantee it.

174438[/snapback]

"Mr. Robinson sir. A thousand apologies for ringing you every day sir. But are you absolutely certain I cannot take up one more minute of your time to explain to you the fantastic offer we have at Toucan Telecom"

174446[/snapback]

Someone says they'd like to see what these british muslim kids are up to in 20 years and you say they'll be working in Toucan Telecom.

Unless you were randomly placing a reference to another thread in this one and I've foolishly confused it with the topic under discussion.

174596[/snapback]

He was joking mate, he's been moaning about them in the call centres thread.

174583[/snapback]

174595[/snapback]

I doubt HF would be so ready to condemn me if I set Toucan Telecom on him. He'd be on here tomorrow doing silly impressions of their phone patter, I guarantee it.

174597[/snapback]

I'm not condeming. I said I can see it was nowt malicious. Canny funny impression in text form.

174438[/snapback]

174446[/snapback]

174596[/snapback]

Yeah I was. And you have. I was also making a joke like. In other words, I wasn't super-serious about the whole thing. I didn't think Dotbum was either when he said they'd all be working at HSBC.

174596[/snapback]

http://www.toontastic.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=7693

That was the thread, nothing untoward in there. Funny enough, I think you jumping on a light-hearted statement is perfectly indicative of what I was complaining about it that thread, tough subject, though.

edited for clarity, then for muppetry.

Edited by DotBum