Flying to the US?

peasepud

I didn't.  I made a joke based on a conversation that was carried on from yesterday.  And as I've said, it's a FACT that Toucan Telecom workers are from India or Pakistan (I'll confess I don't know which) as that's where the call centre is based.  I should know, the twats ring me all the time.

174583[/snapback]

As far as I'm aware it's all India, which you wouldn't really associate with muslimism anyway, so I'm at a bit of a loss as to what the argument's even about.

Still happy to stick my nose in, though.

174595[/snapback]

I doubt HF would be so ready to condemn me if I set Toucan Telecom on him. He'd be on here tomorrow doing silly impressions of their phone patter, I guarantee it.

174597[/snapback]

I'm not condeming. I said I can see it was nowt malicious. Canny funny impression in text form.

174600[/snapback]

The one from yesterday was better. :lol: I'll let you off then - give us your phone number though and next time they ring me I'm setting them on you, the little baskets. They're absolutely unflappable. No matter how many times you tell them you don't want anything to do with Toucan Telecom, it's "I will not take up two minutes of your time, Mr. Robinson sir."

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"As far as I'm aware it's all India, which you wouldn't really associate with muslimism anyway"

Second biggest number of Muslims in the world

and #1 is the Republik Indonesia

so what you mean is "stereotyped Muslim countries" I guess.................

"As far as I'm aware it's all India, which you wouldn't really associate with muslimism anyway"

174607[/snapback]

Emm, no Rob, I meant they were a predominantly Hindu county, like 80/90%?

Well done on the massive assumption, though

174607[/snapback]

Stereotyped call centres if anything. Which when you consider they're predominantly located in India is more simple fact than stereotype.

Guest Patrokles

So, say- hypothetically- plane terrorism really 'took off'. Say no fucker wanted to fly because of the risk, and fares were SLASHED by 50% or more. BUT, you'd have a 1/30 chance of dying every time you flew. Good or bad?

So, say- hypothetically- plane terrorism really 'took off'. Say no fucker wanted to fly because of the risk, and fares were SLASHED by 50% or more. BUT, you'd have a 1/30 chance of dying every time you flew. Good or bad?

174615[/snapback]

Would really depend on the quality of the in-flight meal.

174615[/snapback]

Would I have to book through a foreign call centre because I'm sick of trying to understand Hamiltons.

Guest Patrokles

174615[/snapback]

174622[/snapback]

There's a point; why don't terrorists just get cabin crew jobs and slip aconitum napellus into every meal?

174615[/snapback]

Would I have to book through a foreign call centre because I'm sick of trying to understand Hamiltons.

174624[/snapback]

Fucking call-centrist. :lol:

There's a point; why don't terrorists just get cabin crew jobs and slip aconitum napellus into every meal?

174627[/snapback]

Because they don't know what it is?

174615[/snapback]

174622[/snapback]

Entertainment for me, a little distraction can go a long way.

Can see to many trolley dollies being keen on handing out tasty snacks as the plane plummets towards their target.

174615[/snapback]

174622[/snapback]

174627[/snapback]

Why do they book flights departing from London? There can't be many airports that are more security conscious.

Why not get on the plane in the Republic of Djibouti or something, and detonate over the UK?

Edited by Happy Face

174615[/snapback]

174622[/snapback]

174627[/snapback]

Why do they book flights departing from London? There can't be many airports that are more security conscious.

Why not get on the plane in the Republic of Djibouti or something, and detonate over the UK?

174633[/snapback]

Think they're looking for the UK-US connection. Even a UK airport outside of London would make more sense tbh, although there probably aren't many that fly direct to the US.

I didn't.  I made a joke based on a conversation that was carried on from yesterday.  And as I've said, it's a FACT that Toucan Telecom workers are from India or Pakistan (I'll confess I don't know which) as that's where the call centre is based.  I should know, the twats ring me all the time.

174583[/snapback]

As far as I'm aware it's all India, which you wouldn't really associate with muslimism anyway, so I'm at a bit of a loss as to what the argument's even about.

Still happy to stick my nose in, though.

174595[/snapback]

I doubt HF would be so ready to condemn me if I set Toucan Telecom on him. He'd be on here tomorrow doing silly impressions of their phone patter, I guarantee it.

174597[/snapback]

I'm not condeming. I said I can see it was nowt malicious. Canny funny impression in text form.

174600[/snapback]

The one from yesterday was better. :lol: I'll let you off then - give us your phone number though and next time they ring me I'm setting them on you, the little baskets. They're absolutely unflappable. No matter how many times you tell them you don't want anything to do with Toucan Telecom, it's "I will not take up two minutes of your time, Mr. Robinson sir."

174605[/snapback]

You can imagine the surprise I get when I start speaking in Hindi to anyone calling me from a call centre in India!!!

I can see why you quoted me there then  :lol:

174511[/snapback]

Because you said "it's sad that a lot of young Muslims don't feel British or English."

I was agreeing that it's a shame, but pointing out that it's understandable, given the contempt with which they are treated. Not maliciously, just as standard.

174515[/snapback]

HF, I think some of your issues are with me. If you think that muslims are unfairly treated, I think you couldn't be further from the truth. But that's by the by.

The point I'm making was the subject of this documentary - it is Muslims who are rejecting our (call them British, western, secular or whatever) values and refusing to integrate. No other ethnic group or religion has acted in the same way. Now, if you look at that survey the one thing that strikes me is that a lot of muslims as a group (over half) are not willing to compromise on one of the things I hold most important - that is the right of free speech. What we have basically is a fundamental difference in cultures. Pretending there isn't a problem doesn't mean there isn't.

HF, I think some of your issues are with me. If you think that muslims are unfairly treated, I think you couldn't be further from the truth. But that's by the by.

The point I'm making was the subject of this documentary - it is Muslims who are rejecting our (call them British, western, secular or whatever) values and refusing to integrate. No other ethnic group or religion has acted in the same way. Now, if you look at that survey the one thing that strikes me is that a lot of muslims as a group (over half) are not willing to compromise on one of the things I hold most important - that is the right of free speech. What we have basically is a fundamental difference in cultures. Pretending there isn't a problem doesn't mean there isn't.

174660[/snapback]

I don't have issues with anyone. Alex made the point that it's a shame British Muslims can't view themselves as English and support an English sporting team. I was trying to offer the other side of the coin suggesting that they are alienated from doing so by our attitudes towards them.

Right or wrong I'd guess that most of us that use public transport have had a bit of doubt when a back pack wearing muslim gets on their bus. And I cannot for a second imagine a muslim feeling comfortable at an England football game. I felt pretty uncomfortable myself amongst all that burberry at the Turkey game in mackemland. The comments in this thread were entirely innocent, so I might have been rash using it as an example. I just don't believe it's fair to lay the blame entirely at the feet of the muslim community for the lack of integration between all of us.

174660[/snapback]

There's a difference between being accepted on the street and protected by the system.

I just don't believe it's fair to lay the blame entirely at the feet of the muslim community for the lack of integration between all of us.

174676[/snapback]

Plenty of other cultures have done it under much tougher circumstances.

I just don't believe it's fair to lay the blame entirely at the feet of the muslim community for the lack of integration between all of us.

174676[/snapback]

174679[/snapback]

Which?

Every other culture that's ever settled in the UK, and I suspect most other places, do I need to name them?

174686[/snapback]

Every other culture that's settled in the UK has been welcomed with open arms and settled right in?

Stephen Lawrence?

Anthony Walker?

Love Thy Neighbour?

Curry and Chips?

Or did you mean laid the blame with every other culture.

Every other culture that's settled in the UK has been welcomed with open arms and settled right in?

I'm totally baffled, I said: