Flying to the US?

peasepud

What other "group" identify themselves more by their religion than their supposed nationality? Genuine question.

174791[/snapback]

Christians?

174797[/snapback]

Do you really think so? We're all the European Christians up in arms when America invaded several Central American countries? How many christian soldiers have refused to engage in combat with an enemy because they were also christians?

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Im having a bad posting day  :lol:

Some bastard wants me banned and ive just fell down the stairs and hit my headoff a wall, icepack time  ;)

174801[/snapback]

Seriously, I know a lad over here from Wexford, been out here for 7 years, if he gets any darker I'm going to have to repress him. Pasty skin has everything to do with an unhealthy amount of time indoors.

Lots dear boy - ever hear about conscientious objectors  in WW1 and WW2?

174808[/snapback]

I think they refused to fight because they didn't want to kill anyone Rob, hardly the same. Or do you think we should have sent them to Gallipoli?

Edit: also the fact that they hadn't already voluntarily joined the army.

Edited by Renton

Im having a bad posting day  ;)

Some bastard wants me banned and ive just fell down the stairs and hit my headoff a wall, icepack time  ;)

174801[/snapback]

Seriously, I know a lad over here from Wexford, been out here for 7 years, if he gets any darker I'm going to have to repress him. Pasty skin has everything to do with an unhealthy amount of time indoors.

174809[/snapback]

Nah im allways out man.

Ive been pasty all my life, really pale.

It meant i got to go home early from school sometimes , it was class

'Are you ok'

'Ughh ill''

Even if there was nowt wrong :lol:

I see all my muslim friends and workmates as fully integrated.  Some of them speak broader geordie than me.  I don't see why muslims as a whole are viewed as less integrated than any* other group.

*Maybe not 'any', I'll qualify that as non-white.

174780[/snapback]

Aren't we talking about muslims who can't integrate? :lol:

I don't think anyone feels it's all of them, unless you think the problem of muslim integration is just a media myth? It's perpetuated in other countries too, if that's the case.

174793[/snapback]

You're saying Muslims are less integrated than other groups, I'm saying they're as integrated as any other. The only attack against an Asain I recall in the press from memory is Bowyer and Woodgate. There's been far more viscious attacks against afro-caribean individuals.

There are mental muslims who spout shit and there's rabid BNPers who want a slap too.

What other "group" identify themselves more by their religion than their supposed nationality? Genuine question.

174791[/snapback]

Christians?

174797[/snapback]

Bollocks.

Would Jews not have been an easier argument?

174802[/snapback]

:lol:

I didn't get the question.

I see all my muslim friends and workmates as fully integrated.  Some of them speak broader geordie than me.  I don't see why muslims as a whole are viewed as less integrated than any* other group.

*Maybe not 'any', I'll qualify that as non-white.

174780[/snapback]

Aren't we talking about muslims who can't integrate? :lol:

I don't think anyone feels it's all of them, unless you think the problem of muslim integration is just a media myth? It's perpetuated in other countries too, if that's the case.

174793[/snapback]

You're saying Muslims are less integrated than other groups, I'm saying they're as integrated as any other. The only attack against an Asain I recall in the press from memory is Bowyer and Woodgate. There's been far more viscious attacks against afro-caribean individuals.

There are mental muslims who spout shit and there's rabid BNPers who want a slap too.

174817[/snapback]

How many afro-carribeans feel so alienated from the society they were brought up in, hate it so much, they are willing to strap themselves up with explosives and cause mass murder and suicide? That goes a bit beyond the average black or white mentalist like.

HF, I think you are denying reality here. There is a problem, whether you like it or not, and it's not one that's going to go away.

174791[/snapback]

Christians?

174797[/snapback]

Bollocks.

174802[/snapback]

174819[/snapback]

Everbody else got it. Jews was a good answer but they are certainly more integrated.

You're saying Muslims are less integrated than other groups, I'm saying they're as integrated as any other.  The only attack against an Asain I recall in the press from memory is Bowyer and Woodgate.  There's been far more viscious attacks against afro-caribean individuals.

174817[/snapback]

My mate (of Indian parentage) has recently had some metal plates in his head thanks to the joys of racial hatred. I'm not really sure what you can say about that unless we're looking at figures. Random violence is, unfortunately, a major problem for everyone now, so no one at all is really integrated, not even the Anglo Saxons.

It's certainly odd to me that you actually think there is no muslim integration problem. I'll see if I can find some reasonably unbiased figures, my own experiences would lead me to believe you're wrong.

Everbody else got it. Jews was a good answer but they are certainly more integrated.

174825[/snapback]

That's because they're crafty. :lol:

--> ;) <--

JOKE! Please don't report me to the Anti-defamation League.

got to say that it's my experience that the least integrated people are generally Othordox (for want of a better word) Jew, Christian, Sikh or Muslim.

the further they immerse themselves in the more radical parts of their religion the less they integrate into "normal" society.

What is noticable to me, is the disproportionate number of Muslim and Sikh men and women who are "Othordox" compared to Jews and Christians.

Shariah law is (despitye What Rob intimates) oppressive, brutal and institutionally sexist/racist and homphobic.

End of the day, Religion has a lot to answer for on this planet.

174791[/snapback]

Christians?

174797[/snapback]

Bollocks.

174802[/snapback]

174819[/snapback]

Everbody else got it.

174825[/snapback]

I know ;)

How many afro-carribeans feel so alienated from the society they were brought up in, hate it so much, they are willing to strap themselves up with explosives and cause mass murder and suicide? That goes a bit beyond the average black or white mentalist like.

174823[/snapback]

How many afro-caribean countries have we recently bombed the shit out of?

174823[/snapback]

How many afro-caribean countries have we recently bombed the shit out of?

174909[/snapback]

Come on man. The suicide attacks happened before Iraq and to my knowledge is more or less unique to Muslims, who believe they're in for an infinite shagathon if they sacrifice themselves. I am aware that the Japanese and Tamills have committed suicidal acts in their causes, but this is quite different. We are talking about young men growing up in a prosperous country massacring others in the act of suicide because they detest the country they live in. It shows a degree of hatred which is incomprehensible to most of us, yet one of your earlier quotes proved that a significant minority of muslims identified with it or even supported it.

Take the survey yourself and if you can honestly tell me (assuming it is an accurate reflection of average muslims) that there is not a specific problem with UK muslims integrating into mainstream UK society then fair enough, we'll agree to disagree.

Muslim survey

Come on man. The suicide attacks happened before Iraq and to my knowledge is more or less unique to Muslims, who believe they're in for an infinite shagathon if they sacrifice themselves. I am aware that the Japanese and Tamills have committed suicidal acts in their causes, but this is quite different. We are talking about young men growing up in a prosperous country massacring others in the act of suicide because they detest the country they live in. It shows a degree of hatred which is incomprehensible to most of us, yet one of your earlier quotes proved that a significant minority of muslims identified with it or even supported it.

Take the survey yourself and if you can honestly tell me (assuming it is an accurate reflection of average muslims) that there is not a specific problem with UK muslims integrating into mainstream UK society then fair enough, we'll agree to disagree.

Muslim survey

174916[/snapback]

The WTC attack happened before Iraq and before we supported the response taken by the US. When the WTC was attacked previously Clinton took a measured approach and we didn't have all this shit kicking off. 7/7 occured because of our actions after 9/11.

I'm not trying to argue in favour of suicide bombers though ffs. The vast majority of muslims are moderate, peace loving individuals who have settled as comfortably in the UK as any other race.

I don't think that did Clinton take a measured approach after the first attack on the World Trade Center. As I see it, the Twin Towers were made into extremely secure buildings but the root cause, i.e. the Taliban/Al-Qaeda set-up in Afghanistan wasn't tackled properly at all. Having said that, I think Clinton would have handled not only the post-9/11 situation but also the current situation in Israel / Lebanon. I very much doubt he would have invaded Iraq either.

Shit, I've just remembered that I'm sending my brother to Boston to see Steely Dan at the end of the month, for his birthday.

I hadn't realised that this was going to affect anyone close to me...burn them all.