Inter sign Ibrahimovic

Scottish Mag

Juventus have confirmed they have sold Zlatan Ibrahimovic to Internazionale.

The Bianconeri have lost a host of players following their demotion to Serie B because of their involvement in the match-fixing scandal.

The likes of Fabio Cannavaro, Lilian Thuram, Gianluca Zambrotta, Emerson and Patrick Vieira have all left the Turin giants and now Ibrahimovic has followed suit.

The Swedish international never hid his desire to leave Juve, as he insisted he did not want to play in Serie B.

Ibrahimovic angered Juventus officials recently by refusing to turn up for a pre-season friendly and Juve have decided to offload him.

Inter have paid €24.8 million (£16.7 million) to secure the signature of the former Ajax forward.

"Zlatan Ibrahimovic has been sold to Inter for a consideration of €24.8 million," read a club statement.

"The economic effect, net of additional costs, is positive for about €15 million."

Ibrahimovic is the second major striker to join Inter this week after the arrival of Hernan Crespo from Chelsea.

The signing is sure to increase speculation over the futures of Obafemi Martins and Adriano.

Martins has been linked with a host of English clubs, while reports emanating from Italy claim Manchester United are lining up a move for Brazilian star Adriano.

FFS, talk about top heavy !

How many strikers do Inter need !

Adriano

Recoba

Crespo

Julio Cruz

Martins

and now Ibrahimovic.

If i was Inter i would not get rid of the only striker i had with pace. :lol:

I think their other striker Cruz would be on his way. Only seen him briefly at the world cup,could be a cheap option.

Seems to be consistent:

2005 - 2006 31 15 Inter Milan 

2004 - 2005 18 5 Inter Milan 

2003 - 2004 21 7 Inter Milan 

2002 - 2003 28 10 Bologna FC 

2001 - 2002 33 10 Bologna FC 

2000 - 2001 27 7 Bologna FC 

1999 - 2000 30 15 Feyenoord 

1998 - 1999 29 15 Feyenoord 

1997 - 1998 27 14 Feyenoord 

1996 - 1997 29 17 River Plate 

1996 - 1997 1 0 Banfield 

1995 - 1996 32 10 Banfield 

1994 - 1995 26 6 Banfield 

1993 - 1994 5 0 Banfield

If i was Inter i would not get rid of the only striker i had with pace.  :lol:

174317[/snapback]

Adriano isn't exactly no slouch.

174336[/snapback]

He was looking a bit fat at the world cup though. Thought he was more of a powerful centre forward type. Not saying that Crespo is slow either just thinik that martins would over them something different from the others were as Cruz, Zlat and Adriano might be to similiar.

Edited by khay

Guest Patrokles

174317[/snapback]

174336[/snapback]

He was looking a bit fat at the world cup though. Thought he was more of a powerful centre forward type. Not saying that Crespo is slow either just thinik that martis would over them something different from the others were as Cruz, Zlat and Adriano might be to similiar.

174342[/snapback]

True though that is, it's very hard to imagine Inter not playing two from Ibrahimovic, Crespo and Adriano.

174317[/snapback]

174336[/snapback]

He was looking a bit fat at the world cup though. Thought he was more of a powerful centre forward type. Not saying that Crespo is slow either just thinik that martis would over them something different from the others were as Cruz, Zlat and Adriano might be to similiar.

174342[/snapback]

True though that is, it's very hard to imagine Inter not playing two from Ibrahimovic, Crespo and Adriano.

174344[/snapback]

I agree, but i think they might be more willing to let Cruz go.

Guest Patrokles

174317[/snapback]

174336[/snapback]

174342[/snapback]

174344[/snapback]

I agree, but i think they might be more willing to let Cruz go.

174348[/snapback]

That's true, too, but Martins has agitated for a move and Cruz is probably happy not to.

Cruz was pretty rotten in the World Cup, and hasn't looked top notch for around 3 seasons. Getting on a bit as well now.

Must be better strikers out there than that.

In other news, Man City have done well in picking up Trabelsi on a free. ditto Pompey with Campbell.

Sorry if I'm a bit behind with the news, in Vietnam on hols, so just get bits a pieces coming through

Edited by Barney