Anyone watching the England match?

Gemmill

Did you see the goal they just scored?  I'm better in nets than David James.  Seriously.

13971[/snapback]

The only people who think David James should be within a 100 miles of an England shirt are Sven, James and his mam.

Sven looks to inspire his team by standing motionless on the touchline staring into the middle distance like a man at a funeral.

13984[/snapback]

0-3 down to Denamrk and it isn't a funeral ? :D

Edited by Phil K

Sven looks to inspire his team by standing motionless on the touchline staring into the middle distance like a man at a funeral.

13984[/snapback]

Standing ? he's not even as aninmated as that !!!!

The David James issue really is embrassingly shite from an England manager. Years ago the bloke proved he was way below the standard required for international goal keeping, yet he got game after game and kept proving that...then the manager finally has amoment of sanity and gets a proper international keeper in, only to keep JAmes on and use him like this when he should be developing the next keeper to follow on from Robinson instead of wasting time on somebody who will never be England class.

He did the same with Heskey for longer than anyone will care to remember!

The David James issue really is embrassingly shite from an England manager. Years ago the bloke proved he was way below the standard required for international goal keeping, yet he got game after game and kept proving that...then the manager finally has  amoment of sanity and gets a proper international keeper in, only to keep JAmes on and use him like this when he should be developing the next keeper to follow on from Robinson instead of wasting time on somebody who will never be England class.

He did the same with Heskey for longer than anyone will care to remember!

14004[/snapback]

Quoted for the sad truth.

Sven = cock, ive said it countless times :D

14016[/snapback]

Regardless of how good or bad Sven as a manager there were still 11 good players on the park who didn`t get the job done.

14017[/snapback]

Too busy thinking how much more lolly than the opposition they are making, I suppose. :D

The only people who think David James should be within a 100 miles of an England shirt are Sven, James and his mam.

13986[/snapback]

Just had an email from Mrs James Snr, she says "any more of that slander and she'll get her solicitors onto us, she just wants to repeat that she does not and has not ever thought that David should play for England"

Did you see the goal they just scored?  I'm better in nets than David James.  Seriously.

13971[/snapback]

Fucking hell, I've heard even SLP is better between the sticks than 'Calamity'...

:D

Why didn't Carrick get on? He was the stand-out in the American tour at the end of last season. Surely a non-competitive game was the ideal opportunity to try him in front of the back four paired with say Gerrard in the first half and Lampard in the second half. What did we learn by playing Gerrard and Lampard together again? And what does Hargreaves bring to the squad?

The way Eriksson treats friendlies is a fucking joke. These are the games for trying things out, not playing your first XI for the first half at 60% effort then ruining the shape, realistic chance to find out how new players fit in, and game with multiple substitutions in the second 45.

Looks like Souness was right, Mickey Mouse game. And Parker should walk into the world cup squad if he carries on from sundays performance.

Edited by Dr Kenneth Noisewater

13971[/snapback]

Fucking hell, I've heard even SLP is better between the sticks than 'Calamity'...

14071[/snapback]

Two league titles me man, has David James won a league title? No. :D

Can I just say, I had the misfortune to listen to the game on 5Live and the ott jizzfest about the score is even surprising me. It was a friendly ffs, England were poor, whoop-de-fooking-do. It's nowhere near as big a deal as the press are making it out to be.

JESUS WEPT

Shouldn't be surprised really, we've seen some dross served up to us in the guise of England friendlies the past couple of seasons (some of the qualifiers have been stinkers too). But I'll keep watching them as they are an excuse to go to the pub.

13971[/snapback]

14071[/snapback]

Two league titles me man, has David James won a league title? No. :D

Can I just say, I had the misfortune to listen to the game on 5Live and the ott jizzfest about the score is even surprising me. It was a friendly ffs, England were poor, whoop-de-fooking-do. It's nowhere near as big a deal as the press are making it out to be.

JESUS WEPT

14129[/snapback]

Do I detect JESUS WEPT becoming a bit of a regular phrase on here? :D