Spuds bid for Taylor

Akabusi

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

At what price would you say yes? What about a swap deal for Keane/Defoe? I'd be taking it very seriously at 10m.

Could the continued interest mean that Taylor and his agent haven't told them to sling their hook firmly enough?

At what price would you say yes?  What about a swap deal for Keane/Defoe?  I'd be taking it very seriously at 10m.

Could the continued interest mean that Taylor and his agent haven't told them to sling their hook firmly enough?

174455[/snapback]

I can't remember who but I heard about Taylor recently firing his agent because he was trying to engineer a move away from Newcastle even though taylor wasn't intrested. Possibly bullshit like.

We've been crying out for years to have a local lad to provide that kind of quality at the back and now we have. He might not be the finished article yet, but he's certainly shown enough consistency to show that potential despite one or two lapses of late. Who will we have if we were to sell Steve Taylor? It's ridiculous to even think of it, IMO...!

What if there was some sort of agreement involving them letting us have a clean run at Martins and Duff. Could be less of them turning each other down and more a chairmans agreement. Remember also that Freddy was one of the only chairmen to support the replay of their final game.

i wouldnt sell him at all.

The club moans about young players slipping through the net (like carrick) so i dont think we'd flog him.

174500[/snapback]

Which is why I can't see it happening. For the fat man to consider selling I think you'd have to be talking nearer £20m rightly or wrongly.

What if there was some sort of agreement involving them letting us have a clean run at Martins and Duff.  Could be less of them turning each other down and more a chairmans agreement.  Remember also that Freddy was one of the only chairmen to support the replay of their final game.

174532[/snapback]

Freddie only supported the replay as he wanted Spurs backing to give Roeder the job.

Duff chose us over Spurs and they have said they have no interest in Martins as they already have Defoe, Keane and Berbatov.

What if there was some sort of agreement involving them letting us have a clean run at Martins and Duff.  Could be less of them turning each other down and more a chairmans agreement.  Remember also that Freddy was one of the only chairmen to support the replay of their final game.

174532[/snapback]

The only wasn't it?

Don't believe anything you read on a Spurs forum, full up with cockney twats who all claim to have ITK info...

174531[/snapback]

If Akabusi says it, it's gospel tbh.