Best Musicals ever?

bobbyshinton

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Musicals are fucking shit.

174997[/snapback]

Keith i think you forgot to say photostopped tbh.

174998[/snapback]

Ms Painted tbh?

Hmm

one for the future

A good musical shouldn't be that way at all; the songs should seem absolutely natural.  If it doesn't it's either a crap musical or a crap performance.  Or both.  If your school put them on it was probably both.

174995[/snapback]

haven't watched many to be fair, but my sister is well into them and has the music on all the fecking time

it's sounds too obvious and shoe-horn tastic.

and these are the official cd's and the like so it's the best performances and performers (I'd assume) so while you suggest it's down to being poor on the night I'd say the genre is populated by weak ass shows. :D

Phantom is shit.

Love Les Mess

Springtime for Hitler (the Producers) was brilliant, especially the film with Zero Mostel.

The Mikado (though classed as a 'light opera') needs to be in contention also.

RENT, while not being a terrific musical in and of itself, needs to be considered due tot he fact that it completely reinvented and reenergized the genre.

174838[/snapback]

Rent is perhaps the best musical of all! :D

Oh and for those taking the piss, it's a combo of music and acting and I presume you all watch films and listen to music! :D

A good musical shouldn't be that way at all; the songs should seem absolutely natural.  If it doesn't it's either a crap musical or a crap performance.  Or both.  If your school put them on it was probably both.

174995[/snapback]

haven't watched many to be fair, but my sister is well into them and has the music on all the fecking time

it's sounds too obvious and shoe-horn tastic.

and these are the official cd's and the like so it's the best performances and performers (I'd assume) so while you suggest it's down to being poor on the night I'd say the genre is populated by weak ass shows. :D

175006[/snapback]

Listening to a CD is hardly the same thing as live theatre. It's like saying you don't want to go to a toon game because they sound shit with Lockwood commentating.

Gay Forum required tbh.

175082[/snapback]

Who went to see Erasure in concert again? :D

175096[/snapback]

Under duress. :icon_lol:

Feel free to keep discussing musicals though, minceboy! :D

175100[/snapback]

Not the rumour I heard.

But don't worry Scotty anyone who was subject to a teenage, screaming queen all night has the right to deny they really wanted to be there.

Gay Forum required tbh.

175082[/snapback]

Who went to see Erasure in concert again? :D

175096[/snapback]

Under duress. :icon_lol:

Feel free to keep discussing musicals though, minceboy! :icon_lol:

175100[/snapback]

Not the rumour I heard.

But don't worry Scotty anyone who was subject to a teenage, screaming queen all night has the right to deny they really wanted to be there.

175107[/snapback]

I don't like to talk about it tbh. Gives me flashbacks.

"OOOOO ANDY! Show uth your chapth!" *clap clap clap (clapping with palms only and fingers splayed)*

:D

Not the rumour I heard.

175107[/snapback]

"OOOOO ANDY! Show uth your chapth!" *clap clap clap (clapping with palms only and fingers splayed)*

175115[/snapback]

You're lucky he wasn't calling out to Vvvviiincth, you may never of needed to shower again. :D

Edited by sammynb

Gay Forum required tbh.

175082[/snapback]

Who went to see Erasure in concert again? :icon_lol:

175096[/snapback]

Under duress. :)

Feel free to keep discussing musicals though, minceboy! :icon_lol:

175100[/snapback]

Not the rumour I heard.

175107[/snapback]

175115[/snapback]

Wasn't he busy nudging you and trying to get you to join in as well? :D

they're mostly trite stuttering shoe-hor-a-song-in-here-tastic piles of crap

haven't yet seen a musical that I liked, mind you I've only sat through Grease and Guys and Dolls (had to because our school was performing them... I was Horse in Guys and Dolls and one of the T-Birds in Grease)

haven't seen much else, although someone will probably say "You've surely watched X..."

oh wait I've watched the old version of the Producers.. does that count?

174987[/snapback]

I was bloody ace in it man.

a right bloody thespian me man.

oh and Zathras, you're right, but still... it's all al ittle gay for my liking.

Got to like musicals when me sister used to drag me to the Theatre Royal in the late 40's early 50's, she didn't like to go alone so she would drag (bribe) me with her.

It was always in the 'gods' and I remember the first one was 'Call Me Madam' and have seen a lot since those early days.