Ventspils V Newcastle

menace13

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Apart from Duff, Parker, Emre and Given, would you be bothered if any of our players were replaced? I know it's early in the season, but we're playing fucking shite. 4-5-1 is clearly a system we cannot play with the players we've currently got in the squad.

I know we need to move on, but Bellamy would be ripping the shit out of this team. Any chance of Dyer being back by the second leg?

Hehe

Emre has been solid tonight ;)

174926[/snapback]

Agreed, probably his best game for us. Helps that Nicky Butt is there covering him though - shows that he plays much better in a 3 man midfield.

EDIT: Charlie coming on for Emre (injured?). Arsenal won't be happy now he's cuptied in Europe ;)

2ND EDIT: Maybe he's not coming on yet.

3RD EDIT: He's on now :lol: Fucking hell, I've got the commentary skills of John Barnes!

4-5-1 is clearly a system we cannot play with the players we've currently got in the squad.

174920[/snapback]

As we have about 1,5 striker and a zillion midfielders I think it's rather sensible to play 4-5-1...

174937[/snapback]

Apart from the fact that the striker isn't capable of holding the ball up, yeah.

Play to the strengths of the players, surely?

4-5-1 is clearly a system we cannot play with the players we've currently got in the squad.

174920[/snapback]

As we have about 1,5 striker and a zillion midfielders I think it's rather sensible to play 4-5-1...

174937[/snapback]

Apart from the fact that the striker isn't capable of holding the ball up, yeah.

Play to the strengths of the players, surely?

174938[/snapback]

I didn't see tonights game but normally Shola isn't a bad target player. No Shearer by any means, but still OK. And if we play 4-4-2, who should we drop? Zog? I don't wanna do that.

Emre certainly was the man of the match, orchestrating the game and getting involved as much as possible. And it was apparent that Duff was the only one with a bit of pace. IMHO it was a bit frightening how some of our players especially at the back could easily get overrun. Moore was more the player I used to know, giving a way a couple of really stupid free kicks and not giving the back four that kind of stability that he was capable of at the end of last season.