Poker question

MattM4

Matt, you should play online, quickest way to learn, even if its for fake money.

175055[/snapback]

can you play online though against other people for fake money? all I've been doing so far on PartyPoker is try the trainer mode....

175056[/snapback]

In the party lobby the play money games are directly underneath the poker trainer

175058[/snapback]

cool. seems like we have quite a few connaisseurs around then, I'm gonna train myself up then, so I can rob my mates of all their cash oh yeah :D

• Replies 767
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

spongebob, how up are you since you started playing this? Is it easy money (playing bad players), or do you have good/bad days?

Loving the way the fish got schooled earlier on in the thread btw. :D

this year I am up $3500, though I am currently on a 900 dollar downswing which is a bit emotionally disturbing. There is a lot of money out there if you can keep your discipline, play within your bankroll and ride out the inevitable periods of bad luck.

The mistake a lot of people make is moving up in stakes too quickly after a bit of short term success and losing it all quickly. I am still playing at low stakes, I mainly play 10 or 20 dollar buy in 10 man tournaments, and I have had months making over $1000 profit even at those stakes.

One of my best mates (a Yankee) goes to Vegas 3- 4 times a year to gamble and my favourite advice he gave me for when/if I go (sometime) is:

"if you sit at a table, look at the other players and find the jerk, and if you can't spot him......it's you - leave"

:D

I love Vegas like, but I've never had enough money to really do much gambling when I've been there. Some of the people knocking about the place though - Jesus wept. They all look about as healthy as that DevilFish bloke, and with similar fashion sense.

I love Vegas like, but I've never had enough money to really do much gambling when I've been there.  Some of the people knocking about the place though - Jesus wept.  They all look about as healthy as that DevilFish bloke, and with similar fashion sense.

175200[/snapback]

Hoping to go next year with me buddy, he's considered a high roller and has his own "host" - he goes with a $5,000 budget and just basically plays with it till it's gone BUT he's turned over nearly 1/2 mill dollars in last 5 years) says I won't pay for anything but any gambling I do :D I'm just trying to persuade the Mrs

Edited by Toonpack

Sounds like a canny trip. Does he get comp'd a suite and all that malarkey? Watch out for the dodgy Mexicans giving you prostitute's business cards/magazines filled with pictures of them on the street. They hand them out to pensioners walking along with their wives and everything. :D

I don't think i'm ever going to understand Poker. Its been explained to me so many times but it just goes in one ear and out the other!

175223[/snapback]

Ally, you can't even understand Snap ffs.

Sounds like a canny trip.  Does he get comp'd a suite and all that malarkey?  Watch out for the dodgy Mexicans giving you prostitute's business cards/magazines filled with pictures of them on the street.  They hand them out to pensioners walking along with their wives and everything. :D

175207[/snapback]

Yep be getting the suite - only a B suite here each though - cheapskates :D and the Limo from the airport and at our disposal blah blah.

Seems a NO brainer to go BUT the Mrs.............................

Sounds like a canny trip.  Does he get comp'd a suite and all that malarkey?  Watch out for the dodgy Mexicans giving you prostitute's business cards/magazines filled with pictures of them on the street.  They hand them out to pensioners walking along with their wives and everything. :D

175207[/snapback]

Yep be getting the suite - only a B suite here each though - cheapskates :D and the Limo from the airport and at our disposal blah blah.

175227[/snapback]

Sam's Town? Is that in Old Vegas, off the strip? I just got an access denied message on the work computer because of the gambling link. :icon_lol:

I've only ever stayed on the strip - proper Vegas tourist. :icon_lol: Stayed in a "junior" suite at the Paris hotel once, which was massive, so Christ knows what a proper one's like. Assume a B suite is similar.

175207[/snapback]

175227[/snapback]

Sam's Town? Is that in Old Vegas, off the strip? I just got an access denied message on the work computer because of the gambling link. :icon_lol:

I've only ever stayed on the strip - proper Vegas tourist. :icon_lol: Stayed in a "junior" suite at the Paris hotel once, which was massive, so Christ knows what a proper one's like. Assume a B suite is similar.

175237[/snapback]

Couldn't tell you where it is other than in Vegas.

They have an A suite, then the B suite is humungous, the BEST one is a Signature Suite which has 2 bedrooms, double humungous

Just gotta convince the Mrs :)