Poker question

MattM4

• Replies 767
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 9 months later...

Biggest pot in online poker history played last night, 1.3m, the poker room's cut of that? $0.50*. House always wins though, eh Rob?

wow1x.jpg

*That's a half dollar btw, not the recording artist.

I only started playing the play money SnGs on Party yesterday, I've made myself place/win 3 in a row before I can make the step up, the first 3-5 players are a complete joke on play money, but I'm impressed with the quality after that. I should have 3 in a row today, but I figure if I'm still learning on the play tables, I'm not ready for anything else.

:good: Jesus fucking Wept!

Just been reading through this thread, some great comments, myself and Gemmill talking about how good Hellmuth was etc.

Edited by to dumb

Biggest pot in online poker history played last night, 1.3m, the poker room's cut of that? $0.50*. House always wins though, eh Rob?

wow1x.jpg

*That's a half dollar btw, not the recording artist.

Gol, do you know at what point did PA called the all in?

If he did it on the river then he deserved to lose.

PA is one of the top 3 poker players in the world btw. 5 bet pre, money goes in on flop afaik.

Don't doubt that but even they make stupid decisions, not that it is the case here if that's how the betting works.

Not like that, not at this level. :good:

PA is one of the top 3 poker players in the world btw. 5 bet pre, money goes in on flop afaik.

Don't doubt that but even they make stupid decisions, not that it is the case here if that's how the betting works.

Not like that, not at this level. :good:

It must be hard, especially for the champions of the table game because online you lose all the tell tales, especially with bluffing.

I feel like you might be levelling me, but you'd be surprised how much you can pick up on online. Bet sizing tells are huge, timing tells equally so. It is more mathematical though, as you are right that you def do have to make up for those physical tells somehow.

• 4 years later...
  • 3 years later...

6-ways makes it sound rather sexier than the reality.

I mean psychological flaws, but I don't know how deeply revelatory they are.

The main one is that I need my brain to be constantly engaged, and there is some underlying anxiety beyond the boredom.

This is not in the least bit unusual, except that as someone who meditates at least half an hour a day, I thought I had it "beaten".  So it's another opportunity to figure out wtf is wrong with me.

Need a psychology thread tbh.

Just now, adios said:

6-ways makes it sound rather sexier than the reality.

I mean psychological flaws, but I don't know how deeply revelatory they are.

The main one is that I need my brain to be constantly engaged, and there is some underlying anxiety beyond the boredom.

This is not in the least bit unusual, except that as someone who meditates at least half an hour a day, I thought I had it "beaten".  So it's another opportunity to figure out wtf is wrong with me.

Need a psychology thread tbh.

Bumped the wrong thread here I guess. Do we have a psychology thread?