Poker question

MattM4

OK then, PokerPants, I've just opened accounts on Stars and Titan, the gf looks nervous, any tips? :D

192920[/snapback]

First buy yourself this set-up

imgp26961fi.jpg

193333[/snapback]

I've had double before, never triple; what graphics card is supporting that? Anyway I'm set up to the 37" ws in the living room, my testicles will be removed if I try to add more screenage in here...should have gone with the 42" though. :angry:

Gemmill sent me on some of your book reccommendations, will check them out. Cheers. :good:

• Replies 767
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Harrington on Hold Em (Two volumes) are indispensible for tournament Hold Em players.

193571[/snapback]

That's another recommendation for them.

LP- Sent that over to you.

I wanted Harringtons, but they were £22 on play!. Vol 3 looks class.

Anyone read the Stu Ungar book? Its a biography, but it's class, whether you like poker or not.

Gemmil, I didn't think you were into poker so much to buy books.

I wasn't until recently, Mark. Have bought a few books though and am getting into it. I had a look at the Stu Ungar book but didn't get it. Will read it at some point though - looked interesting.

I think Harrington's books are about £14 or so on Amazon. I've only got the first two volumes though. Apparently he's working on a book on cash games for release some time in 2007.

spongebob is my poker guru. :good:

Edited by Gemmill

When I've read a few more books.  I'm not having you pilfer all my money. :good:

How does the private table work like, is it ring game only or can you play tournaments on there?

194001[/snapback]

I can play any type of game I want, I can even make a 200 people tournament. We can play for anything between 10 cents, and $200 I think.

Ladbrokes is meant to be one of the best sites about, for banking and stuff, as the minimum deposit is only £5, where as most places its $20 - $50.

I'd be happy to play a $5 game with anyone (about £2.60)

Instead of starting a new thread, when I get my student loan I'm thinking of putting aside 5 quid a week to put on a accumulator (or whatever it's called?) with my housemates, any ideas what the best website is for this?

Cheers

194512[/snapback]

If you want long odds I'd just go to bookies, get a coupon and do the fixed odds (football) every weekend. You could put a few lines on for a fiver. I think it's a bit of a mug's game (as are accumulators) but for low stakes they're just a bit of fun really.

Instead of starting a new thread, when I get my student loan I'm thinking of putting aside 5 quid a week to put on a accumulator (or whatever it's called?) with my housemates, any ideas what the best website is for this?

Cheers

194512[/snapback]

If you want long odds I'd just go to bookies, get a coupon and do the fixed odds (football) every weekend. You could put a few lines on for a fiver. I think it's a bit of a mug's game (as are accumulators) but for low stakes they're just a bit of fun really.

194519[/snapback]

Thanks mate, yeah that's what I thought.. It's only for a bit of fun.. but being a lazy student bum I thought it'd be easier on t'internet!

You can generally find longer odds on betfair than anywhere else, never tried to put an accumulator on there though, and I don't think you could. Worth checking out if you're happy with win single bets though.

I've ordered some poker books today, so I'm reading a bit online until they come. Stumbled across this lad's blog, is it just me or is he being a bit of a spanner?

http://www.thepokerchronicles.com/archives/000510.html

He's complaining that the bloke called him with A6, fair enough, but he's still gone all in, pre flop, with an AK* off suit. Even with 5 players that seems...adventurous, and if I'm reading the actions of the pot winner correctly, he thinks the player with the shortest stack is taking a risk and he can significantly reduce the distance between himself and the leader.

*I heard this referred to an "Anna Kournikova" for the first time recently, because it looks good but never wins. :razz:

On a separate note, I went to sign up for PokerRoom.com, username already taken...odd, changed to something else, email address already taken. Turns out I signed up for it over 3 years ago. :razz:

I seem to be sharing this existence with someone else, is there anyway I can contact them and ask for some pointers?

I NEVER win with AK. :razz:

Pisses me off as well cos I'll always raise preflop with it and end up losing to a low pair or get chased out the hand when it becomes apparent that I'm not gonna get anywhere with it.

Edited by Gemmill

I NEVER win with AK. :drinks:

Pisses me off as well cos I'll always raise preflop with it and end up losing to a low pair or get chased out the hand when it becomes apparent that I'm not gonna get anywhere with it.

194612[/snapback]

*Opens file marked "Gemmill"*

:razz:

They don't check anything. I mean it'll be part of the T&Cs when you sign up, but I didn't bother reading anything. You basically will just be falsely declaring that you're 21, but the chances of them actually sussing you are canny small.

AK, is a bit of a mare really. I normally carry on betting even if I miss the flop (you miss the flop a two thirds of the time) So chances are 2/3rds of the time, you will pick the pot up. Unless some nonce has 8 6, and he hits fuck all, and he calls every bet you make, and hits a 6 on the river.