I'm a bit traumatic of...

niina

... being 1-0 up in the first leg of European games as a gate to big European competition.

We have 2 different case here:

- Being 1-0 up against Zeljeznicar (Bosnia) away in 02-03, then we hammer them 4-0 at home. Here in away match we were good and comfortable and Zeljeznicar never threatened.

- Being 1-0 up against Partizan Belgrade (S&M) away in 03-04, then we lost 0-1 at home and went to lost on penalties. Here in away match we were lucky to win, with Given and Woodgate play a part in defending that score.

So, what you guys thinkin' about this Ventspils away match? Are we more like on the first condition (Zeljeznicar) or second condition (Partizan Belgrade) in term of goal chance, possesion, scared for the home match and etc?

Please discuss :D

We'll turn them over at home niina. Honestly I don't think you have a thing to worry about. I'm not even remotely considering the possibility that they can turn the tie around. Canny arrogant I suppose (I did the same with Partizan :D ), but that's the way it is, I reckon.

Considering Ventspills can't shoot on goal for shit and have one decent defender being their standout player, we'll do em.

175667[/snapback]

I quite liked the look of him.

I fancy we'll beat them by 3/4 at home, no worries.

Guest Patrokles

What frustrates me slightly is the number of newspaper/fan site reports that make it sound as though we were under the cosh for the entire game, that they threatened a goal every second, and that we scored some kind of freak goal totally against the run of play.