Parker misses out on England call up

Jimbo

Breaking news

No Beckham, David James or Sol Campbell.

Shame for Parker, hopes he gets the call soon.

175562[/snapback]

Can't blame McClaren on the basis of the game he watched, he'll get his chance.

Do you lot think that's game over for Beckham, or maybe it's motivational/stamping authority? I respect him for it, anyway.

I bet Beckham cried when he heard, perfumed ponce.

Squad:

Robinson (Tottenham), Kirkland (Liverpool), Foster (Man Utd); Bridge (Chelsea), Brown (Man Utd), Carragher (Liverpool), A Cole (Arsenal), Dawson (Tottenham), Ferdinand (Man Utd), G Neville (Man Utd), P Neville (Everton), Terry (capt, Chelsea), Young (Charlton); Downing (Middlesbrough), Gerrard (Liverpool), Hargreaves (Bayern Munich), Jenas (Tottenham), Lampard (Chelsea), Lennon (Tottenham), Richardson (Man Utd), Wright-Phillips (Chelsea); Ashton (West Ham), Bent (Charlton), Crouch (Liverpool), Defoe (Tottenham).

Isn't Beckham carrying an injury at the moment anyway ??

I think he'll be back in the next squad, mountain out of a mole-hill if you ask me.

I think he'll be back in the next squad, mountain out of a mole-hill if you ask me.

175571[/snapback]

He played last night I think, Mc Claren seems to be making it clear that he wants to "move the team in a different direction" without saying he'll never play again. Silly and badly managed decision IMO.

175571[/snapback]

He played last night I think, Mc Claren seems to be making it clear that he wants to "move the team in a different direction" without saying he'll never play again. Silly and badly managed decision IMO.

175592[/snapback]

Aye looks like Beckham's days are well and truely over after all !

First piss poor decision by McClaren. Whatever you think of Beckham, he scored one and made two at the World Cup, far from finished and should be in the squad. Made a scapegoat for Svens poor tactics and the entire teams failure to perform. On another note, how the fuck Jenas continues to get in leaves me baffled.

Brave decision, IMO.

Either way we're laughing with the likes of Wright-Phillips & Lennon to take over, but Beckham was and still is a massive player who you can always count on.

Phil Neville though, Jenas ffs...!

Strikers

Ashton

Bent

Crouch

Defoe

Midfield

LW

Richardson

Downing

DM

P Neville

Hargreaves

? Crap player

Jenas

ACM

Gerrard

Lampard

RW

Lennon

Wright-Phillips

Defenders

LB

Bridge

A Cole

CD

Brown

Terry

Young

Carragher

Dawson

Ferdinand

RB

G Neville

Goalkeepers

Robinson

Kirkland

Foster

First piss poor decision by McClaren. Whatever you think of Beckham, he scored one and made two at the World Cup, far from finished and should be in the squad. Made a scapegoat for Svens poor tactics and the entire teams failure to perform. On another note, how the fuck Jenas continues to get in leaves me baffled.

175611[/snapback]

Quoted for absolute truth.

McClaren has dropped Beckham in an ill-guided attempt to stamp his authority on the team, and he'll regret that when there's no-one else to supply...

"Evolution, not revolution"

So why the fuck is Phil Neville in the squad?

175620[/snapback]

Agreed, I think they are making a mistake by dropping Beckham, face it without him we'd have been home before the postcards in the world cup.

175611[/snapback]

Quoted for truth

Brave decision, IMO.

Either way we're laughing with the likes of Wright-Phillips & Lennon to take over, but Beckham was and still is a massive player who you can always count on.

175624[/snapback]

I dunno about laughing. SWP will have to improve and play more football than he did last year and Lennon is overrated IMO. Yes he's a decent player but the impact he had on the team was magnified in that he was usually used as a sub who stretched the game by sticking to the wing and using his pace. Taking into account that his crossing isn't great I can't see him filling Beckham's boots.

Steven Gerrard for RW.

Brave decision, IMO.

175624[/snapback]

I disagree with that. Beckham has (as has already been said) made a scapegoat for the poor performances under Erikson. For my money it's madness ditching a player of his calibre in favour of Lennon and SWP.

As for Neville and Jenas, well I knew he was going to be wank choice as manager from the off.

I don't know, before the World Cup I thought there was an argument for keeping him in the team ourely for his set pieces and crosses. During the World Cup I saw something that made me believe he was unhealthy for the team as a whole.

Either way, I think McClaren is brave to do it, even I was raging with Eriksson's complete lack of balls by the end, and I'm not an England fan.

EDIT: Purely on playing ability I would have to wonder how the fuck Jenas is in there ahead of him, but I suspect it's about more than just him playing ability).

Edited by DotBum

Agree with SLP about Beckham. The ginger idiot has ballsed up. The biggest insult of all though is that Jenas continues to find his stick-insect self getting picked for England.

By all means give SWP and Lennon a go, but dumping Beckham out of the squad all together is dumb. If he wanted to stamp his authority, then dump some of the deadwood like the aforementioned Jenas.

Bringing Phil Neville back btw. Jesus wept.

Brave decision, IMO.

175624[/snapback]

I disagree with that. Beckham has (as has already been said) made a scapegoat for the poor performances under Erikson. For my money it's madness ditching a player of his calibre in favour of Lennon and SWP.

As for Neville and Jenas, well I knew he was going to be wank choice as manager from the off.

175642[/snapback]

yeah what a shock it be if maclaren goes on to further demonstrates that he is a crap manager!

it's like when we got souness really, looking forward to the next one!

I hope Beckham's exclusion is down to his injury rather than a permanent ommission but given that a suggestion of such is not forthcoming I doubt it.

Big mistake IMO - as others have said, why dump someone of Beckham's ability and keep tits like Jenas in there?

And another thing, I'm expecting a huge post-mortem about Beckham's England career being over from the TalkSport lot this evening...

I hope Beckham's exclusion is down to his injury rather than a permanent ommission but given that a suggestion of such is not forthcoming I doubt it.

Big mistake IMO - as others have said, why dump someone of Beckham's ability and keep tits like Jenas in there?

And another thing, I'm expecting a huge post-mortem about Beckham's England career being over from the TalkSport lot this evening...

175651[/snapback]

Its nailed on dude, but in fairness its a hot topic because of its controversy, agreed, its a mistake in my opinion too.

Good decision. Marks the start of a new era, Beckham hasn't had the fitness or stamina for a while now and he's not getting any younger.

Disappointing that Jenas is still hanging around like a spare cock at a wedding.

Another million on Ashton's valuation too.