A-Level results tomorrow

Mark

Can't believe it's 10 years since I was in this postion....

For those of you who are worried about not getting to University, hope this helps...

I ended up with an E and 2 U's and still got into the University of my choice - how? Went down the pub with mates, got bladdered and used the alcohol to aid my persuasive attitude with the Uni. (Also took a foundation year which effectively gave me an extra year of student life).

My point is, even if you don't get what you hope for, you may still end up with the same or even better result in the long run...

Best of luck

I ended up with an E and 2 U's and still got into the University of my choice - how? Went down the pub with mates, got bladdered and used the alcohol to aid my persuasive attitude with the Uni. (Also took a foundation year which effectively gave me an extra year of student life).

14066[/snapback]

Ahhhh "Special Needs"...those quota's are a wonderful thing.

14066[/snapback]

14074[/snapback]

Alcohol is a wonderful tool....

And 5 years on continued use of the same tool resulted in me ending up with a 'Desmond'! :D

14066[/snapback]

14074[/snapback]

And 5 years on continued use of the same tool resulted in me ending up with a 'Desmond'! :D

14077[/snapback]

How is Des these days?

I got a bit complacent and was so confident of getting the grades I needed I very nearly screwed up altogether! Thankfully I got what I needed.

I'd say best of luck, but it won't change anything now- just hope you get what you need!

I didn't get what i needed but the uni took me anyway. So if you are close to the grade they often still take you anyway.

This also makes me glad the marking time at uni is about 7 days as opposed to several months...

14066[/snapback]

14074[/snapback]

14077[/snapback]

How is Des these days?

14078[/snapback]

Completely worthless!

It served it's purpose and got me into the working world...

However, any progression I make is on the back of 5 years of experience, NOT my degree!

Echo what Rikko says, but with some Uni's (and courses) you don't have to been even close. Engineering for instance they'll rip your hands of if you say you want to do a course in it!

They'll soon be offering a company car with that one! :D

14066[/snapback]

14074[/snapback]

14077[/snapback]

How is Des these days?

14078[/snapback]

Completely worthless!

It served it's purpose and got me into the working world...

However, any progression I make is on the back of 5 years of experience, NOT my degree!

Echo what Rikko says, but with some Uni's (and courses) you don't have to been even close. Engineering for instance they'll rip your hands of if you say you want to do a course in it!

They'll soon be offering a company car with that one! :D

14083[/snapback]

Thats very dependent on the uni and whether or not they have accreditation from the governing body (e.g. iChemE for chemical engineering, iMechE for electrical etc) as if they let unqualified folk on they lose their accreditation and the degree becomes in effect worthless.

Although i expect you are right if you are referring to one of the new "universitys".

Indeed I am Rikko - Hertfordshire in my case...

Although my course was fully accredited by the IEE - even had to do a shitty log-book of my year in industry to get that bit!

Where would you be going John?

I had doubts about going to Uni, but within a week of being there I knew 100% that I'd made the right choice...

Different for everyone though, you have to go with what you feel is right

Portsmouth to do an accountancy course.. I've not really done too much research into it.. However I know if I do get in I'll be doing an accountancy course.. Says on the portsmouth site that confirmation opens at 8am on their website..

I know Uni would be the right thing to do (I can't see myself doing anything else) but the results day just seems to have appeared from nowhere!

If it's anything like my results day, you'll turn up at 10:45am, open the results and breath a short sigh of relief that it wasn't as bad as youy thought it would be..then go to the pub round the corner to get away from the lasses crying.

Or in my case, give the short sigh - say "never mind, who needs fucking A-Levels anyway" and then go down the perb and get completely wankered anyway! :D

I was working in Northern Ireland the day my A-Level results came out. Sent my mother to pick them up for me and then procrastinated all day until I eventually rang home to see what I'd got. :D