George Galloway

bobbyshinton

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems to crave attention desperately, doesn't really bother me.

His attempt to be down with the kids in Celebrity Big Brother was always going to backfire. You'd have to have an ego the size of a planet to believe you could hide your conniving soul from that many people. :D

Edited by DotBum

He's an argumentative toss-pot who is now using TalkSport as a platform to voice his political opinions because he knows that he'll not be in the House of Commons after the next election...

He's a tit who the lefties at Uni absolutely bum.

175677[/snapback]

He's still a damn site better than his peers, like. Shame there's so few politicians that aren't power-hungry corrupt cunts to pick from.

as has been said,

he argues so people look at him, not so things are changed.

but respect to knocking the stuffing out of the US government that time... quite funny.

but the joke passed, now he's just a tiresome obsequious old fool

I was really impressed by the way he took on the US Senate, i really admired him. But it seems that he just jumps on any minority bandwaggon and takes the counter argument stance at every opportunity just to be controversial in persuit of attention.

Overall, the blokes a tit imo.

Russell Brand summed him up perfectly. They showed a clip of Galloway savaging Barrymore in one of their trademark set-twos. Galloway comes out with something along the lines: "You're the most wicked person I've ever met!"....it then pans back to Brand who comes out with the classic : "The most wicked person he's ever met? He's had tea with Saddam Hussein ffs!"

The sad thing with Galloway is that he picks some righteous causes but at the end of the day theyre always, always all about him. Which when you think about it is really sad.

as has been said,

but respect to knocking the stuffing out of the US government that time... quite funny.

176036[/snapback]

Please enlighten me as to how he's obsequious?

as has been said,

176036[/snapback]

Please enlighten me as to how he's obsequious?

177002[/snapback]

I suppose he was towards Saddam, although that would preclude the 'now' bit from being relevent.

George Galloway's voice and manner on this occasion brought vividly to my mind a scene recorded by the BBC cameras in Iraq eight years ago.

In January 1994 Galloway, his voice vibrating with deep feeling, his body language and manner strongly suggestive of awe and respect, stood before the Iraqi Hitler, Saddam Hussein, in a Baghdad palace and praised his courage, strength and indefatigability.

"Sir," said Galloway, standing within smelling distance of the mass murderer, "Sir…- we salute your courage, your strength, your indefatigability".

fairly obsequious

oh good point Alex.

Edited by spongebob toonpants

I just assumed Fish was being "verbose" again, but you're right, that bit with Hussein makes him look like an arse licker.

I can't stand the bloke personally. People like him and Moore give the left a bad name, and I am convinced he only cares about himself. Fake tbh.

When I read it earlier I thought he'd used the wrong word, but he's taken a couple of hidings on here recently (the aesthetically pleasing issue and the poker argument), so I didn't pull him up on it. I think he was just trying to be clever, but now you've given him the Saddam thing, he'll cling onto it like it's a liferaft. :D

I just assumed Fish was being "verbose" again, but you're right, that bit with Hussein makes him look like an arse licker.

I can't stand the bloke personally. People like him and Moore give the left a bad name, and I am convinced he only cares about himself. Fake tbh.

177014[/snapback]

At least wish him well in his new job tbh. £28k after all.

When I read it earlier I thought he'd used the wrong word, but he's taken a couple of hidings on here recently (the aesthetically pleasing issue and the poker argument), so I didn't pull him up on it.  I think he was just trying to be clever, but now you've given him the Saddam thing, he'll cling onto it like it's a liferaft. :D

177015[/snapback]

His mate told him Saddam was obsequious ;)