Broadband Providers..

Scottish Mag

I am looking to upgrade or change my broadband package, currently with BT, was wondering if anyone could recommend any providers or good deals at the moment?

* Oh and being stuck in the sticks I cannot however go with any of the cable companies*

ive recently moved to virgins max service.

£25 per month, monthly contract and theyve said nowt about me downloading 6 or 7gb's most nights.

Am waiting for the wallsend exchange to be LLU'd as 24mb will be available which i'll move to.

DO NOT sign up with tiscali.

Im currently with BT. However, if you have Sky, I suggest you check out their up and coming package. I reckon thats who Im going to change to.

Sky

Im currently with BT.  However, if you have Sky, I suggest you check out their up and coming package.  I reckon thats who Im going to change to.

Sky

175846[/snapback]

The problem with that is they are not so subtly steering everyone towards the max package, which they will then wait a year til half of England has signed up and the double the price to £20 a month makign themselves a mint!

The sky service will be heavily over subscribed and will have all sorts of problems - look at what happenned with the carphone warehouse talk talk thing.

While getting a 16mb service through your dish sounds a good idea you still need a way of uploading to the net - that means a modem.

if you ask me , now is the time to look for monthly contracts as exchanges are starting to be LLU'd (this means isp are putting their own gear in exchanges as opposed to using bt's) and new 'bundled' services (such as sky, orange and cw) will become more popular.

Avoid tiscali - read their broadband support forum as to why.

ive recently moved to virgins max service.

£25 per month, monthly contract and theyve said nowt about me downloading 6 or 7gb's most nights.

Am waiting for the wallsend exchange to be LLU'd as 24mb will be available which i'll move to.

DO NOT sign up with tiscali.

175834[/snapback]

I've been with Tiscali 2 years and NEVER had a problem. I've found it an extremely good reliable service. On the rare occassion ive had to ring them, i've been connected to a person immediately and found them very helpful. They email me regulary with any news/changes to my account etc Its great value for money too....2mb unlimited connection for £14.99 a month.

I've been with Tiscali 2 years and NEVER had a problem. I've found it an extremely good reliable service. On the rare occassion ive had to ring them, i've been connected to a person immediately and found them very helpful. They email me regulary with any news/changes to my account etc Its great value for money too....2mb unlimited connection for £14.99 a month.

175891[/snapback]

You do understand that doesn't stop them being the worst ISP of any note in the UK?

175891[/snapback]

You do understand that doesn't stop them being the worst ISP of any note in the UK?

175897[/snapback]

of course...silly me!! :D:D

2mb unlimited connection for £14.99 a month.

175891[/snapback]

if by unlimited you mean traffic shaped, fup'd and monthly download limits then yes i suppose its reasonable.

me dad is thinking about going with that BT Fusion thing.

any horror stories or good advice for him.

bear in mind he's less technologically minded than his son, and I'm not particularly techically minded myself..