Will we get anywhere with this defense?

aimaad22

Im on a roll today :D

The games against PSV and Villareal confirmed our worst fear: our defense is just as bad as last season. If we are going to leak silly goals like that again, is there anyhope for next season. I dont care how many martins or kuyt's we sign, if we dont get a couple of decent defenders we will struggle in midtable next season.

So my question, should Roeder abondon the striker search for now and patch up the defence first? I know we are looking to get both, but now I'd rather have two good quality fullbacks rather than a striker and one fullback. The Gravesen rumour thus worries me a bit though, why are we looking to sign a player in an area that needs the least strengthening?

My list of priorites: 2 defenders, then a striker, then a midfielder if possible

If shola gets injured we are fooked. Need strikers first to be honest. Roeder seemed to get the defence playing last season with the same players so I have confidence that when they get a bit sharper we will be okay in that department.

Guest Patrokles

Don't agree at all. If we offer absolutely no threat up front then it automatically puts our defence under ten times more pressure and also means that other teams can relax against us.

Don't agree at all. If we offer absolutely no threat up front then it automatically puts our defence under ten times more pressure and also means that other teams can relax against us.

175811[/snapback]

Correct. We've got defenders on the books, maybe not world-beaters, but they are there. As far as a goal threat dangerous striker is concerned, the cupboard is absolutely bare.

175811[/snapback]

Correct. We've got defenders on the books, maybe not world-beaters, but they are there. As far as a goal threat dangerous striker is concerned, the cupboard is absolutely bare.

175813[/snapback]

Thirded. Anyone who thinks that we don't need strikers is a fool :D

175811[/snapback]

175813[/snapback]

175821[/snapback]

Nobody thinks that. Somebody just thinks we need a defender just as much.

Yes we have got defenders on our books, but only on our books! Thats what im saying, none of them seems to be doing the job properly and are just as inept as ameobi or luque upfront. However both ameobi and luque have shown promise pre-season but the defense has been in shambles again.

We need palyers at both positions, but I'd rather go into the season with ameobi and luque upfront rather than bramble, boumsong and and carr at the back.

Edited by aimaad22

Yes we have got defenders on our books, but only on our books! Thats what im saying, none of them seems to be doing the job properly and are just as inept as ameobi or luque upfront. However both ameobi and luque have shown promise pre-season but the defense has been in shambles again.

We need palyers at both positions, but I'd rather go into the season with ameobi and luque upfront rather than bramble, boumsong and and carr at the back.

175839[/snapback]

The say football is all about opinions and they are correct. Its just that yours are wrong.

Guest Patrokles

175811[/snapback]

175813[/snapback]

175821[/snapback]

175839[/snapback]

I think you meant to say Bramble, Boumsong, Taylor, Moore, Ramage, Babayaro, Carr, Huntingdon (by all accounts), at the back. Which, if my count is correct, leaves us 8 players for 4 positions. As opposed to... 1 and 1/2 for 2 positions.

175839[/snapback]

The say football is all about opinions and they are correct. Its just that yours are wrong.

175843[/snapback]

So ive heard :D

By the way, opinions are never wrong or right. They are different.

Anyway I'll be Mr nice and agreeable from now on :D