bastard Dell Bastard computers

The Fish

Power isn't getting to my laptop, the powerpack is receiving the juice from the mains as the little indicator LED is smugly showing green, if I jiggle the wire in the Laptop's power-port it occassionally blinks the LED's on the front indicating that there is a problem with either the port, or the cable itself.

So I thought "I'll get right on this", whiz along to the Dell.co.uk website and search for a replacement powerpack... to no avail

so I resign to the fact I'm going to have to get a guy out, to pick up my laptop drive off and return later with probably... a new powerpack. HOWEVER I can't find the after-sales-care-hardware-is-fucked... page so I ring their chirpy little number in the top right, can't get through to the Technical support team as it 's closed...

any ideas how I can resolve this issue without throwing my laptop through a window?

Should have bought a Mac, a proper computer for proper people.

176046[/snapback]

Mac's are useful tools bought by useless tools tbh.

saying that I'm probably going to upgrade to one once the cheques start rolling in.

He'll want you to take it round to him like, peasepud.  Bone idle he is. :(

Second Wacky's should have got a mac.  I'm sitting on my sofa, wireless on my iBook. :)

176063[/snapback]

Thats alreet, Im sitting on the shitter wireless on me laptop ;)

He'll want you to take it round to him like, peasepud.  Bone idle he is. :P

Second Wacky's should have got a mac.  I'm sitting on my sofa, wireless on my iBook. :)

176063[/snapback]

176066[/snapback]

Got your phone in there with you an'all? :(

Edited by catmag

He'll want you to take it round to him like, peasepud.  Bone idle he is. :finger:

Second Wacky's should have got a mac.  I'm sitting on my sofa, wireless on my iBook. :(

176063[/snapback]

176066[/snapback]

Got your phone in there with you an'all? :P

176067[/snapback]

Try it :)

He'll want you to take it round to him like, peasepud.  Bone idle he is. :)

Second Wacky's should have got a mac.  I'm sitting on my sofa, wireless on my iBook. ;)

176063[/snapback]

I always used to be a Mac user but I had to but a cheapo Dell to play poker on as the sites dont support MacOS and to be honest windows has pretty much caught up in functionality at least for my level of usage. I dont think I could justify the extra expense for a Mac any more.

They still look a shit load beetter though

He'll want you to take it round to him like, peasepud.  Bone idle he is. :finger:

Second Wacky's should have got a mac.  I'm sitting on my sofa, wireless on my iBook. :(

176063[/snapback]

176066[/snapback]

Got your phone in there with you an'all? :P

176067[/snapback]

Try it :)

176068[/snapback]

I thought there was a bad smell! :finger:

176046[/snapback]

poseurs, meeja types, w******, people who don't want to talk to the rest of the common herd, designers and other riff raff

I'm happy with the rest of humanity TBH

poseurs, meeja types, w******, people who don't want to talk to the rest of the common herd, designers and other riff raff

176274[/snapback]

Really?! Been to Damascus recently?

176046[/snapback]

176274[/snapback]

Rob talks shit. AGAIN. ;)

Nowt to do with the above and everything to do with the fact that you can do all of the stuff your average user has a PC for, but it runs better and faster, isn't as susceptible to viruses and isn't a monstrosity.

aye but I need to run Excel, FM06, firefox, iTunes at the same time and watch as my laptop slowly crawls to it's inevitable crash... can a Mac promise me that?

Why are mac's better guys ??

176079[/snapback]

1. They look the dogs bollocks

2. You don't get viruses

3. I've got one

176282[/snapback]

They look kind of cute I suppose. But if I was really arsed about what my home PC looked like, I would snazz it up with a fancy ATX based case which there are hundreds of, and some geeky water cooling piece of crap.

The sad little boys that design viruses do so to inflict maximum carnage and to bring down computer systems. Why design one to attack some art and repro studio running two Apple's, connected via cross over cable.

So I am now going to restructure my company, that runs on a windows x86 based network spanning the globe which incorporates a barcoding product tracking system (for example) critical to company operations, designed for Windows and managed by Windows engineers, along with all client Windows 2000 and XP PC's which run on a windows domain and run all standard office apps, in a multimillion pound project that uses Macs instead, so my company can't do the above and is also completely incompatible with media sent to us from customers and suppliers alike.