The Silverlink

Lazarus

Aye it's shit Laz. Even worse is the way in and out of the Tesco Extra on the coast road. I got stuck there for over an hour on New Year's Eve just trying to get out of the fucking car park. I was ready to abandon my car and just get out and start indiscriminately killing people after about 20 minutes of waiting.

that turning is a fucking nightmare.

whoever else lives in Leeds that posts on here will testify to the fucking nightmare that is trying to get onto Otley Road from ANY side street at rush hour.

it is honestly quicker to walk the mile or so from Hyde Park corner to Headingley than drive.

up here the worst is probably the roundabout by Cramlington.. I think it's the moor farm roundabout, but I might have the name wrong.

up here the worst is probably the roundabout by Cramlington.. I think it's the moor farm roundabout, but I might have the name wrong.

176147[/snapback]

Depends which way you are heading onto and when. Spine road onto the A19 South has a filter lane, going the other way is hairy as you have traffic cutting across you from the A19 South as you turn right with the sorta mini-roundabout at the side.

Under no circumstances fill up at the Jet garage when it's busy- you will never get back out. If you are despereate for fuel, turn right outside the garage and head up the newly-built link road which takes you to the dudley A19 flyover which can provide a shortcut around the general mayhem.

Aye it's shit Laz.  Even worse is the way in and out of the Tesco Extra on the coast road.  I got stuck there for over an hour on New Year's Eve just trying to get out of the fucking car park.  I was ready to abandon my car and just get out and start indiscriminately killing people after about 20 minutes of waiting.

176070[/snapback]

Same on Mothers day, the fucking Knackers who push trollies turned into traffic cops.

Aye it's shit Laz.  Even worse is the way in and out of the Tesco Extra on the coast road.  I got stuck there for over an hour on New Year's Eve just trying to get out of the fucking car park.  I was ready to abandon my car and just get out and start indiscriminately killing people after about 20 minutes of waiting.

176070[/snapback]

Same on Mothers day, the fucking Knackers who push trollies turned into traffic cops.

176585[/snapback]

I felt like Michael Douglas in Falling Down. I was on the verge of losing it. ;)

The back way into the Silverlink doesn't tend to be too bad for getting in and out. However, at Christmas the place is a fucking nightmare.

176582[/snapback]

9 times out of 10 I use the back way into, and out, of the Silverlink.

The place is a nightmare at times with cars everywhere - you need eyes in the back of your head sometimes.

As to Tesco, I went there once and, due to the problems getting out, have not been back - that's their loss!

176070[/snapback]

176585[/snapback]

I felt like Michael Douglas in Falling Down. I was on the verge of losing it. ;)

176589[/snapback]

That place is a nightmare though to be fair.

Are we talking about the Tescos that was the old car auction place? That's my local and we never have a problem getting in and out, got a bit mad when we went at christmas but it wasn't too bad.

176629[/snapback]

Just off the Coast Road, near where MFI was (with the big chimney).

Are we talking about the Tescos that was the old car auction place? That's my local and we never have a problem getting in and out, got a bit mad when we went at christmas but it wasn't too bad.

176629[/snapback]

Aye that's the one. It was partly my fault for going on New Year's Eve like, but the entire carpark was gridlocked. Took about 10 minutes for someone to let me even pull out of my space.

Absolutely crazy.

176629[/snapback]

176634[/snapback]

Aye, that's the one. A mare at chistmas but never a problem for me. Suppose if you go on a Saturday dinnertime then you're asking for trouble.

176629[/snapback]

176634[/snapback]

Aye, that's the one. A mare at chistmas but never a problem for me. Suppose if you go on a Saturday dinnertime then you're asking for trouble.

176641[/snapback]

It's never been that bad when I've been (took about 10 minutes to get out once) but you can see that it will be a 'mare when it's busy. The junction next to it if you're coming off the Coast Road from the Newcastle direction is bad too. Needs traffic lights. This is fascinating isn't it? ;)

It's never been that bad when I've been (took about 10 minutes to get out once) but you can see that it will be a 'mare when it's busy. The junction next to it if you're coming off the Coast Road from the Newcastle direction is bad too. Needs traffic lights. This is fascinating isn't it? :)

176648[/snapback]

;)

Re: that junction, come off left and turn around on the estate, much quicker.