The Official Betting Thread

Tooj

Now as alot of people on this site like a flutter on the footy or whatever, i thought i'd create this thread so people can post on recent football events that they have placed sums of money on, and such people could brainstorm as well to help find that winner on your next coupon.

For example i've recently fluttered a 5er on Steven Taylor to be the first Prem player to pick up 5 bookings at 50/1 and a 5er each way on Yakubu to be top Premiership scorer at 50's also.

Although the odds are pants I might stick a few bob on Chelsea as I can't really see them not winning the league this year. They'll join an elite band by winning three league titles in a row (Liverpool, Man Utd, Arsenal and Huddersfield Town iirc).

Edited by alex

Looking at the strength of Liverpool's squad and the possibility of them picking up some more signings (Kuyt) over the next couple of weeks, I think they'll be the closest challengers to Chelsea in the coming season and are good value at 8/1 with Coral. Chelsea are 2/5.

Some Ladbrokes Specials:

Glen Roeder

To be Newcastle manager 2007/08 season 8/11

To not be Newcastle manager 2007/08 season evens

Damien Duff to score under 7 Premier League goals in 2006-07 Season 5/6

Damien Duff to score 7 or more Premier League Goals in 2006/07 season 5/6

Alan Shearer To win FA Cup, Premiership or League Cup in first five years of management 4/6

and my personal fave:

Newcastle to win Premiership / UEFA Cup / FA Cup / Carling Cup 9000/1 ;)

I'm hoying a £5 on us to win the FA Cup like. Best odds I've seen are 14/1 though, anyone seen any better ones? (High street only please, I don't want to open up an online account.)

176742[/snapback]

You should open up a Betfair account (whether you want to or not! ;) ). You'd get much better than 14s on there, I'm sure.

Open a Betfair account and lay EVERY favourite in EVERY greyhound meeting. Over the last month you'd have only been down on 3 or 4 days.

Only problem is the small amounts people bet on the Greyhounds hardly make it worthwhile.

;)

• 3 months later...