Your favourite stand up comedians?

Toonraider

You find out about this through Ben?

Yes, on the Twitters. Happens to be on the last night of my big road trip and we were going to head out that way at some point anyway, so... :good:

Yes, on the Twitters. Happens to be on the last night of my big road trip and we were going to head out that way at some point anyway, so... :good:

:good:

• 2 months later...

he's good! and irish

I know, I just can't get the night off work. Bought my bro Dylan Moran tickets for March too but can't go to that myself either. Ed Byrne on my birthday though, so that's some consolation.

• 3 years later...
7 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

Yes, I saw him a couple of months back in London. Laughed my arse off all evening 

But did you like his sitcom? If so then I can discount your opinion.

Edited by ewerk

40 minutes ago, ewerk said:

But did you like his sitcom? If so then I can discount your opinion.

Yes but I much prefer his stand up. He’s got a couple of specials on Netflix. One recent one, one from back in the day - I think they’re both brilliant but why not try before you buy?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Isegrim said:

The Fish

not worth seeing live though

Harsh that mind. I saw him do a great slapstick routine in a pub before we played Fulham a couple of years back where he gave himself concussion by smacking his head off a door frame. Didn’t know it was him till later in the week when I came I’m here and said “should’ve seen this dopey fucker nearly knocking himself out before the game at the weekend “ :lol:

• Haha 1
  • Jaysus... 1

3 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Harsh that mind. I saw him do a great slapstick routine in a pub before we played Fulham a couple of years back where he gave himself concussion by smacking his head off a door frame. Didn’t know it was him till later in the week when I came I’m here and said “should’ve seen this dopey fucker nearly knocking himself out before the game at the weekend “ :lol:

I was with him that day. See, it not worth seeing him live...

12 hours ago, ewerk said:

Seinfeld - worth seeing live or not?

I'm a fan of Seinfeld (TV show). Saw him at the Manchester arena a few years ago. He was shit, I didn't  laugh once. Completely going through the motions. It was outrageously expensive too.

Maybe it was partly the size of the venue. I will never go to a comedy act bigger than 1000 again. Ideally a comedy gig should be much more intimate even than that. What's the point in going somewhere where you're actually watching a large video screen? Utter shit.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ewerk said:

It’s his residency at the Beacon Theatre I would be going to see so I’d say the support act changes. He does two shows a night so I’m guessing the main act is maybe only about 60 minutes.

if it's the show i saw, it was more like 90