Your favourite stand up comedians?

Toonraider

I really liked Bill Connolly when he was original and fresh, but now the stuff just isn't as funny. Not his fault, he's just mellowed with age and you kind of need your comedy to be raw.

some of the best comedy I've seen is from absolute no marks, but I'd doubt they had the range to their set to keep you interested for longer than their 15 minute set.

Silky is an exception and despite the derision I'm inevtiably going to recieve I think Silky has the quick wit and range to talk about pretty much anything he's experienced and make it funny.

he's not th best comedian I've seen, that would be Bill Hicks or Richard Pryor.

Bill Bailey is good yes, but don't you think that he gets a little dull after a while?

176541[/snapback]

I don't know, I don't live with him, like. ;)

Richard Pryor lacked the funny.

The best thing he ever did was Superman III

FACTOVERSIAL.

176543[/snapback]

LIEOVERSIAL!

176546[/snapback]

I've listened to ...is it something I said?, Richard Pryor and That Nigger's Crazy and didn't crack a smile.

The funniest comedian I have seen live is a toss up between Billy Connelly in about 1979 or Alexie Sayle at the Comedy Store in the early eighties

Lock and load by Dennis Leary is far and away the funniest thing I have seen on TV

176551[/snapback]

Cancel that I saw Spike Milligan live, I thought I was going to die laughing

Lock and load by Dennis Leary is far and away the funniest thing I have seen on TV

176551[/snapback]

Leary is a cock for the simple fact he blatantly ripped off a large amount of Hick's material completely shamelessly.

176551[/snapback]

Leary is a cock for the simple fact he blatantly ripped off a large amount of Hick's material completely shamelessly.

176557[/snapback]

Bill Hicks on Dennis Leary:

"I stole his act", I camouflaged it with punchlines, and to really throw people off, I did it before he did." When a reporter asked Hicks why he had quit smoking, he answered: "I wanted to see if Denis Leary would." Hicks died of cancer in 1994, and Leary's comedy hasn't been as successful since.

My faves:

Bill Hicks

Billy Connolly circa 1979

Ross Noble

Robin Williams

Bill Bailey

Rich Hall

Eddie Izzard, Ross Noble and half the Phoenix Nights cast, seen Peter Kay live half a dozen times and thought I would never see anyone funnier then I went to see Dave Spikey, class. Followed by Paddy McGuiness who had me pissin meself for days.

Billy Connolly would prob be my fave, Spike Milligan was a genius in an unconvensional way. I thought Rob Newman was good but he never really seemed to take off. Then the old guy who's name escapes me, died fairly recently. Full head of grey hair and used to sit on a tall stool sipping water..

Billy Connolly would prob be my fave, Spike Milligan was a genius in an unconvensional way.  I thought Rob Newman was good but he never really seemed to take off.  Then the old guy who's name escapes me, died fairly recently.  Full head of grey hair and used to sit on a tall stool sipping water..

176568[/snapback]

Dave Allen.

Lee Evans

176544[/snapback]

;) The fact that you rank Lee Evans amongst your favourite stand-ups is funnier than Lee Evans himself. He's basically Phil Cool's less funny younger brother. And it's not easy to be less funny than Phil Cool. :)

Hicks is quality. I like Gervais's stuff, but he's not done enough of it.

176551[/snapback]

176557[/snapback]

"I stole his act", I camouflaged it with punchlines, and to really throw people off, I did it before he did." When a reporter asked Hicks why he had quit smoking, he answered: "I wanted to see if Denis Leary would." Hicks died of cancer in 1994, and Leary's comedy hasn't been as successful since.

176564[/snapback]

I never knew the Leary was held in such disdain, but doesnt change the fact that Lock and Load made me laugh more than anything else I have seen on TV

176551[/snapback]

176557[/snapback]

176564[/snapback]

I never knew the Leary was held in such disdain, but doesnt change the fact that Lock and Load made me laugh more than anything else I have seen on TV

176608[/snapback]

I like Asshole

(The song, not the bodypart).

Eddie Murphy is brilliant.

"Lillian...can...not....use...the telephone"

176564[/snapback]

Legend!

Not seen either of them do stand-up, but I saw Cock & Bull Story recently and ther stuff Rob Brydon and Steve Coogan did together was hilarious, might be as good as Baddiel & Skinner.