Your favourite stand up comedians?

Toonraider

Anyone like Chubby Brown? They go mad for him round here.

180456[/snapback]

I think he's a vulgar unfunny arsehole in the main. I'm not a prude and I don't mind the odd dirty joke, but when it's your entire act, what's the fucking point? I'm gonna sound like a right snobby twat here, but I'd say he generally appeals to thick fuckers, because there's no requirement to engage your brain in the slightest to get his jokes.

180457[/snapback]

He's not my cup of tea either, a lot (all?) of his stuff is lowest common denominator filth. But his timing/delivery is spot on.

He's a legend on Teesside though, I used to deliver his papers when he lived in Redcar. :(

180456[/snapback]

I think he's a vulgar unfunny arsehole in the main. I'm not a prude and I don't mind the odd dirty joke, but when it's your entire act, what's the fucking point? I'm gonna sound like a right snobby twat here, but I'd say he generally appeals to thick fuckers, because there's no requirement to engage your brain in the slightest to get his jokes.

180457[/snapback]

I think that ship has sailed. I agree, though.

When you look at a bloke like Jimeoin (Nordy fella, think he's from the same town as ewerk actually), never swears, had me in stitches talking about musrooms (common garden variety. Not my favourite by a long shot but he puts pricks like Brown to shame.

180456[/snapback]

Went to this charity thing a couple of weeks ago, and there was a raffle and about half of the prizes were different items signed by Roy Chubby Brown! :(

Used to live on my road about 10 years ago.

180456[/snapback]

180457[/snapback]

I think that ship has sailed.

180464[/snapback]

True. :( Twat. :(

Reminded me of a works do ages ago where me and my mate went back to this lasses house for drinks with a few others afterwards. Her collection of videos included Chubby Brown, Jim Davidson and Joe Pasquale ones. :(

Rob Deering is OK but hasn't changed his act in 4 years.

180128[/snapback]

Had the misfortune of seeing him recently at a stoodent comedy night (which was unfortunate enough in the first place, I suppose). He turned up about an hour late and reeled off a grumpy 15-minute set of what effectively amounted to "right, I'll play a riff/impersonate a silly voice and you have to guess who it is", ending with a song about how religion is quite nasty sometimes and a version of Robbie Williams' "Angels" that concluded "He's shagging fellas instead". Groundbreaking. :(

180226[/snapback]

Did he do the thing with the queen mother's head in the newspaper, and the songs about religion and war?

Because he did that in 2002!

Reminded me of a works do ages ago where me and my mate went back to this lasses house for drinks with a few others afterwards. Her collection of videos included Chubby Brown, Jim Davidson and Joe Pasquale ones. :(

180475[/snapback]

I was disappointed when I read that Jim Davidson was declared bankrupt, as when I saw his picture on the BBC website I presumed he was dead.

"They say you are what you eat. I must be a big fat cunt then"

180581[/snapback]

:lol: repeat until funny?

180606[/snapback]

repeat until fanny

180687[/snapback]

:( :(

The best I've seen live is Richard Herring. I saw him a couple of years ago at the Edinburgh festival and because of that I went to see him again this year and he was by far the funniest man I saw. Stewart Lee, who's always been sold out when I've tried to see his show, was great on TV.

The worst I've seen is probably Rich Hall. I think he's funny when he's on gameshows but when he was all by himself he was a little disappointing, which was a shame.

Rob Deering is OK but hasn't changed his act in 4 years.

180128[/snapback]

Had the misfortune of seeing him recently at a stoodent comedy night (which was unfortunate enough in the first place, I suppose). He turned up about an hour late and reeled off a grumpy 15-minute set of what effectively amounted to "right, I'll play a riff/impersonate a silly voice and you have to guess who it is", ending with a song about how religion is quite nasty sometimes and a version of Robbie Williams' "Angels" that concluded "He's shagging fellas instead". Groundbreaking. :(

180226[/snapback]

Did he do the thing with the queen mother's head in the newspaper, and the songs about religion and war?

Because he did that in 2002!

180624[/snapback]

Strangely enough..... :(

Good, now I have even more reasons to dislike the big-faced twat.

• 3 years later...

Frankie Boyle has surpassed Moran as my favourite comedian, the man is immense.

Podcasting has become a great medium for comedy since this thread was started; Dave Gorman and Frank Skinner on Absolute are very good. I think I underestimate how that regular dose of comedy improves my quality of life.

I have Dylan Moran's new DVD on pre-order. He's my favourite. I've bought Frankie Boyle's book for my son, I like him but sometimes he gets alittle bit too near the knuckle for me and I cringe :rolleyes: (I am a girl) :good:

Podcasting has become a great medium for comedy since this thread was started; Dave Gorman and Frank Skinner on Absolute are very good. I think I underestimate how that regular dose of comedy improves my quality of life.

Links please mate...

Links please mate...

You can grab both on http://absolute.co.uk but subscribing through itunes is prob easiest if you swing that way.

Links please mate...

You can grab both on http://absolute.co.uk but subscribing through itunes is prob easiest if you swing that way.

Dave Gorman bored me when he stood in for Skinner, who's excellent.

Collings and Herrin and Adam and Joe are still the best comedy podcasts though.